Best Christmas Event at a Theme Park | Inside Universal Forums

Best Christmas Event at a Theme Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which Park does Xmas the best?

• Magic Kingdom - Mickey's Very Merry Xmas

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Epcot - Holidays Around the World

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hollywood Studios - Osborne Lights

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Islands of Adventure - Grinchmas

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Universal Studios - Macy's Day Parade

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Holidays at SeaWorld

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I think Universal is very underrated as a great park to visit during the holidays. Christmas music is piped in all over, there's also live Christmas on certain nights, the huge balloons all over, the impressive color-changing Christmas tree, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is great. I can't wait to see the new Holiday Village, whatever that is.

Honestly, the one thing I think Uni fails at, and Disney epically wins at is Christmas time events. Both Grinchmas and the parade really can't compare to what Disney does. My favorite from past years would be Hollywood Studios' Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, that is one heck of a show!

I don't think Disney deserves much cred for charging for their holiday parade and fireworks at MK. But I've never seen the Osborne lights and really want to.

I hate seeing the Obsborne family lights. The attraction itself is pretty to look at, but it was absolutely CRAMMED both times I went. Barely had time to stop and see everything because I was smooshed and trapped in the crowds and forced to keep walking the whole way.

I LOVE Universal at Christmas time, but I've never seen the rest so I guess I shouldn't really judge the others. I love the feeling I get walking into Universal around the holidays, to cheese this post up. :lol:

I hate seeing the Obsborne family lights. The attraction itself is pretty to look at, but it was absolutely CRAMMED both times I went. Barely had time to stop and see everything because I was smooshed and trapped in the crowds and forced to keep walking the whole way.

The best way I've found to combat this: Go on a night when they have Extra Magic Hours at night. When the park closes to the public, within an hour crowds die down dramatically, allowing you to enjoy the scenery much more. Sure, you can't ride any attractions - but you're not kicked out of the park just for not being a hotel guest. I've done this twice in the past week --- Saturday night Magic Kingdom "closed" at 11pm, and Extra Magic Hours ran until 2am. We hung around, and by midnight Main Street and the castle hub were relatively empty. This is a great time to take photos and take in the atmosphere. Last night I did the same at Hollywood Studios. They "closed" at 8pm, Extra Magic Hours ran until 11pm. By 9pm, the Osborne Lights area was much less crowded, allowing better opportunity for photos. We hung around until almost 10pm, and even caught a street performance by Mulch, Sweat, and Shears on the way out the park. If you don't mind giving up the ability to ride, Extra Magic Hours is an awesome time to take the parks in.

Grinchmas by far. You get so much christmas spirit and let's not forget its ALL INCLUDED in admission. The way it should be unless you are somehow seriously offering something incredible. That may just happen when potter starts holidays(possibly next year)

Disney with the magic kingdom charges a heck of a lot in my opinion for not much difference of enjoyment with the offerings than what I should be getting for the holiday spirit by day.

I totally agree. The show itself is pretty unique, but it is not set up to be viewed easily and every time I have gone (last 4 years in a row. My family always goes) it is so packed that you can't enjoy it. I always feel like people are so much more rude and pushy at Disney events vs. Universal ones.

Grinchmas seems to always have a relaxed and storybook atmosphere.