Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best House 2008

Which is the best house?

• Total voters
I hated Doomsday. I didn't get scared but maybe once. I really didn't understand it that much either. The rest of the houses were great.

Did you see the movie? You would completely understand the house if you saw the movie. Yeah, they mixed up the scenes a bit, but you would understand the scenes in the house if you saw the movie.

Did you see the movie? You would completely understand the house if you saw the movie. Yeah, they mixed up the scenes a bit, but you would understand the scenes in the house if you saw the movie.

No. I have been trying to see it for mounths but have never got around to it. The only parts I did like in the house was the concert scene and the knight temple scene.

I didn't see the movie, but regardless this house was neither scary or aesthetically pleasing. I had only a single guy even attempt to scare us (a pathetic attempt, but an attempt nonetheless) and, though we could hear chainsaws near the end of the house, none of chainsaw gang them came out. Not before or even after us that we could see. It was all in all the lousiest house of the year in my opinion. Arguably of the past two.

Last edited:
This seems to be a running problem at HHN is inconstant scares, It all I think depended on the Crews. Also the tent houses were better if you went in them when it was darker. Doomsday was basically a set of the movie, which was really not a horror movie to me but more action.( I did love the stage set though) I liked the Scary tales for the sets and the ideas they used. The Hallow was another house that was a great concept just not scary. Creatures and Body Collectors were just to dark when I went through them. Interstellar Terror great sets and concept. Then the biggest idea gone wrong house of all times RoF, there is not even words to describe this and my feelings, I will say it made me wish for the crappy Evil super Hero house at Islands of Fear.

I got the most scares in Scary Tales, I especially remember the queen of hearts jumping out of a broken mirror and freaking the bejeezuz outta me :p
I didn't get to go through RoF, but judging from all the comments here, I guess I didn't miss out on much :shrug:

1. Body Collectors (Great Atmosphere, awesome scares...loved it!!)
2. Creatures! (Funny. Started out creepy and slowly became quite terrifying)
3. Reflections Of Fear (Loved The House, but too short...plenty of Mary's though :) )
4. Dead Exposure (Great scares, but not much atmosphere)
5. The Hallow (Great Atmosphere...no scares)

In my blue sky, wishful thinking parallel universe, they'd make the non-queue houses from that year permanent attractions!

Last edited:
This was certainly a strong as hell lineup. While I still personally prefer 2007’s houses overall, 2008 definitely has an extremely solid lineup. Dead Exposure was simply intense.

Last edited: