Beyond Big Thunder Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Beyond Big Thunder Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed about fit. No matter where it would be added, I think that RSR would become one of, if not the, most popular rides at Disney World. It is such a great ride and probably most indicative of just what WDI can create.
I wonder if they do plan on doing RSR maybe they will incorporate elements from Cars 3 and that show on Disney+?

Last I heard RSR and Villains were still in flux, and the locations of them were bouncing back and forth between DHS and MK

I'll admit my own bias here: I hate the Cars idea and I'm admittedly surprised it's not been immediately laughed off the thread. I just don't think it fits in theme with the surrounding areas, is a necessary addition to this specific park as an attraction, or would be a good use of one of the final large plots of expansion space they still have. I would much rather see any number of other things go there. Coco, Villainsland, any kind of New New Fantasyland or expanded Liberty/New Orleans Square concepts, but not Carsland in 2027-28.

We've been discussing Carsland in WDW for over a decade now. If it wasn't the right choice for Hollywood Studios in 2014, I don't see how it should be anything more than a last resort for Magic Kingdom in 2024. I doubt the idea that they can't afford to spend R&D on a new slate of lands/attractions, but if they honestly can't then they shouldn't build anything here at all.
I wouldn't put much stock in RSR going to Magic Kingdom, things could have changed but I don't think that was a serious proposal. Villains land is much more serious, WDI already built models for it.
Up until last summer, the executives felt that major expansion for DHS was done for the foreseeable future, luckily they changed their mind and DHS is making a serious play to get Villains for the park.

I wouldn't put much stock in RSR going to Magic Kingdom, things could have changed but I don't think that was a serious proposal. Villains land is much more serious, WDI already built models for it.
Up until last summer, the executives felt that major expansion for DHS was done for the foreseeable future, luckily they changed their mind and DHS is making a serious play to get Villains for the park.
IMO, I think the Villains are the better fit for MK over DHS.

And if Villains does go into MK, there must be some back up plans for the DHS expansion. As for the IP, maybe they will do some sort of catch all land like Villains?

Considering that rumors always get mixed up, I don't buy Cars Land in MK. I think Disney will announce one major attraction (outside Epcot?) for WDW/Domestic park, and I can't wrap my head around Cars at MK, while villains goes to DHS.

Unless, Villains is part of a "cheap" overlay of RNRC and ToT... Villains fits perfectly at MK.

Just when I thought rumors couldn't get any worse/sillier, I read this. I appreciate that Disney wants to build things, but if you're going to build things, at least try to put them in the parks they logically belong in.
Well at the end of the day these are just rumors so nothing to take serious until things are officially announced.

There are logistic arguments in favor of getting rid of the river and the island.

Those arguments do not override what a loss it would be for the park to no longer have the kinetics and aesthetics (to say nothing of the loss of an Americana element that Walt himself really valued).
Thankfully removing ROA isn't an option that's being considered anymore, because I agree with all of your points, especially the last one.