Beyond Big Thunder Speculation | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Beyond Big Thunder Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to see the villains get representation they deserve in a Disney park . But I thought I heard that Moana was being considered for either MK or DHS. If Moana goes in MK wouldn't it have go behind Big Thunder or am I confusing that for something else?

So whenever this project really gets rolling, that'll close the train for another four years or so, right?

In all seriousness, glad this seems to be moving forward...though I do hope that whatever is actually going there is the next thing to be announced and no more Blue Sky.

VillainsLand will actually just be the "Isle of the Lost" aka- home of the VKs...

Disney's Descendants!! Letssss gooooo!
High Five I Got This GIF by Disney Channel

So whenever this project really gets rolling, that'll close the train for another four years or so, right?

In all seriousness, glad this seems to be moving forward...though I do hope that whatever is actually going there is the next thing to be announced and no more Blue Sky.
In theory they shouldn’t really need to close it until they work on the path to the new land. Assuming they would put scrims up around the area being worked on in plain view of the train. I could be wrong and they do close it but I hope not another 4 years though.

I'm fine with them taking some of the island and shortening the path of the river.

But we better not lose the Liberty Belle as an attraction.
It would definitely be a shame to lose the Liberty Bell as an attraction. Hopefully they find a way to keep it within the design of the villain expansion. Rerouting the canal may have to happen in order to keep it i'd imagine. They went to great lengths to keep both the railroad and the Mark Twain at Disneyland when they added SWGE, so i'd hope they do the same here. I think the imagineers (hopefully) understand that while not the most popular attractions in the park, they are a big part of the DNA of the park.

It's the type of thing where the "Disney Difference" actually comes into play. Could the Liberty Belle be docked and would most people not care? Sure. But the kinetic energy it adds and being able to actually ride on it is the difference. To me the Rivers Of America would feel much more empty if it was docked (and the Tom Sawyer Island rafts were gone).

What if they force guests to take the steamboat to get to Villain Land. On board you get highjacked by villains. That would make the charming/relaxing/boring/time-waist (choose your opinion) attraction, fresh and fun. You could see it as a Hogwarts Express rip off or tell yourself it's Disney magic.

Reactions: Della
Just wanted to point out there is a Chernabog silhouette in the concept art released... That with an Alicia post basically confirms it for me

This is very interesting. I mean, they do need to do something major to respond to Epic, and Villains have been being begged for, forever.

It's basically the last place they can go to tap into "classic Disney", and the 90's renaissance period in a way that wouldn't be dated... And in a way that would effectively be beyond critique as long as they don't cheap out on it.

It's funny. To me, this feels like a "shots fired" moment, more so than SW:GE and Pandora ever did.

Reactions: SeventyOne