Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Black Widow

You have to wonder - what about Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weiss, and Director Cate Shortland? This movie was made in like 2019 so ALL of their contracts must be the same in that it's theatrical exclusive. Sure, none of them were owed the types of bonuses Scarlett was going to get (and Scarlett was an EP on this film, too), but i'm sure they lost out on money as well. We may well see a joint effort of lawsuits if Disney doesn't put an end to this quickly.

ScarJo is alleging that she tried to renegotiate and Disney blew her off:

Wow. That lawsuit news is super interesting. Really curious to see what happens.
Very likely there will just be a private settlement and we'll never really know, but it's fun to imagine a big public breakup. I'd bet money Scarlett just wants her full salary, which she will get, and then she'll happily go on to do the Tower of Terror movie for Disney as if nothing ever happened.

I mean, Disney 100% breached the contract, so i'm not sure what they are trying to pull. Just give her some money and settle this quietly.

Chapek really is taking Disney down a path of most destruction. Under Iger, he always made sure things rans smooth with Marvel and everyone was happy. Because of Chapek's insistence on Premiere Access (which I think is his pet project that he's not done with), it's just pissing people off.

Somehow, WB never had a suit filed on them when they pulled their entire slate and made it day and date (despite how pissed everyone got). They never had a suit filed because WB fixed things behind closed doors. Disney is flaming fires in public.

I mean, Disney 100% breached the contract, so i'm not sure what they are trying to pull. Just give her some money and settle this quietly.

Chapek really is taking Disney down a path of most destruction. Under Iger, he always made sure things rans smooth with Marvel and everyone was happy. Because of Chapek's insistence on Premiere Access (which I think is his pet project that he's not done with), it's just pissing people off.

Somehow, WB never had a suit filed on them when they pulled their entire slate and made it day and date (despite how pissed everyone got). They never had a suit filed because WB fixed things behind closed doors. Disney is flaming fires in public.

You can't say a contract is in good faith when you give yourself a new revenue stream that cannibalizes the primary method that talent gets incentive payments for.

This also could've been the reason why Scarlett wasn't doing as much press for this movie despite being EP. Though I think also having a kid also contributed (as it should)

In my view, Iger and Alan Horn focused on keeping talent happy for the long term benefits. They should play nice and take the financial hit in order to keep people wanting to work with you. This feels like a bad spreadsheet business decision.

There's some probable breach of contract in there unless a force majeure clause gets Disney off the hook, but she 100% doesn't file that lawsuit if the character isn't
dead.

Something of that visibility would not have gone out without Zenia signing off on it - so I would think either she really doesn’t care about nuking people now that she’s leaving or she’s checked out and someone else (Bob) dictated it to her team.

Something of that visibility would not have gone out without Zenia signing off on it - so I would think either she really doesn’t care about nuking people now that she’s leaving or she’s checked out and someone else (Bob) dictated it to her team.
Huh? I’m having a tough time understanding what your point is.

Am I..... am I too early to speculate this could cost Chapek his job? Emma Stone seems to be following suit, Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson have a film that is just being released..... they’re going up against giants in the industry. What is their strategy here with a response like that?

If Premiere Access is his project and it results in their top end talent all suing, shareholders will get pissed.

Am I..... am I too early to speculate this could cost Chapek his job? Emma Stone seems to be following suit, Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson have a film that is just being released..... they’re going up against giants in the industry. What is their strategy here with a response like that?

If Premiere Access is his project and it results in their top end talent all suing, shareholders will get pissed.
Yeah, I have to imagine they are having major damage control to do right now behind the scene.

Yeah, I have to imagine they are having major damage control to do right now behind the scene.
I mean, is a public response to Scar Jo like this showing that? Maybe they’re doing damage control for future suits, but this seems like a giant mess to me and he feels center to blame. I know I hate the guy lol but genuinely speculating on this.

I mean, is a public response to Scar Jo like this showing that? Maybe they’re doing damage control for future suits, but this seems like a giant mess to me and he feels center to blame. I know I hate the guy lol but genuinely speculating on this.
The public response to ScarJo was absolutely ridiculous, but they have a lot to worry about between Scarlett, Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weisz, Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt.

The public response to ScarJo was absolutely ridiculous, but they have a lot to worry about between Scarlett, Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weisz, Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt.
Yup, this should be fascinating to see.

Now Scarlett's agents are slamming Disney, but they're also one of the biggest talent agencies out there. If Disney doesn't play ball, agents could get other talent to work with Disney less in the future.

Captain America has some advice:
1627677162263.png