Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings (HHN 32) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh man......oh..... This would end up being the greatest house if they awaken some creatures or gods like some kind of hp lovecraft creatures like the movie DAGON or in the Mouth of Madness
I know there's no info or hints of this anywhere
I know it's not the case. But I wish they awaken something

Reactions: Ahmanet and Grabnar
Oh man......oh..... This would end up being the greatest house if they awaken some creatures or gods like some kind of hp lovecraft creatures like the movie DAGON or in the Mouth of Madness
I know there's no info or hints of this anywhere
I know it's not the case. But I wish they awaken something
I'd even take a big idol ending in you exiting into the blood moon

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'd even take a big idol ending in you exiting into the blood moon

If this house really is based on something like A24 movies then it will only be regular humans, and it will end up boring (just like A24 movies :lmao: :lmao: )

But I really hope they at least open hell or something. Have the last 2 rooms be some kind of underworld. Let's hope they thought about bringing supernatural stuff into it. I'm hoping really hard that this house is the big surprise

If this house really is based on something like A24 movies then it will only be regular humans, and it will end up boring (just like A24 movies :lmao: :lmao: )
images

The HHN Bear we deserve this year

Adding cosmic creatures - making Dark Moon something more like Universal's take on "Bloodborne" - would be a great twist. I'm not convinced that's what's happening here, unfortunately.
You just reminded me of how much I want a Bloodborne house. :(

Really enjoyed this and the backstory so the symbol they etch onto their heads in guessing is one that oddfellow also uses to the to tie it all together
That got me very excited when I realized it was the symbol. They really are going back to having everything connected!

Reactions: garpeel and Grabnar
Honestly, I can't remember any good cult-based movies that were out around the time of Roanoke in 2014, but with all the mention of A24...I don't think it's that unrealistic to say that this *may* borrow some themes from Midsommar, considering it's popularity.

All just speculation, but it's not a secret that some originals feel basically like IPs without the branding (Seeds of Extinction) and the A24-mindset would bring a fresh approach to the "gory cannibals/cultists" trope that was never fully successful in the past.

Reactions: PumpkinHead66
The story IMO was not very interesting. Don't know what I expected but that wasn't it. It was cool to see the symbol make its way in there.

Honestly, I can't remember any good cult-based movies that were out around the time of Roanoke in 2014, but with all the mention of A24...I don't think it's that unrealistic to say that this *may* borrow some themes from Midsommar, considering it's popularity.

All just speculation, but it's not a secret that some originals feel basically like IPs without the branding (Seeds of Extinction) and the A24-mindset would bring a fresh approach to the "gory cannibals/cultists" trope that was never fully successful in the past.

Yuck. I hate " elevated horror" and if this house is just Midsommar, I won't hold back on any review I write. Obviously I will give a fair chance at this house. I'll go with the best of hope. But. I hope to God this isnt Midsommar. Please please no.

Reactions: Midnight Detective
So a thought I just had that probably more far fetched than anything, what if Constance is Oddfellow. We know the symbol of his was present and we know he can shapeshift. This is probably to far fetched to be true but it’s an interesting thought.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
So a thought I just had that probably more far fetched than anything, what if Constance is Oddfellow. We know the symbol of his was present and we know he can shapeshift. This is probably to far fetched to be true but it’s an interesting thought.
Only problem is this is the Colonial era, meanwhile Oddfellow would've had to have been born in the late 1800s.

I think I've decided to do this house first. As soon as I go into the event. First thing I'll do. No matter the length of the queue. I just gotta know how it goes. And I'll be reading reviews like crazy

Reactions: Ahmanet
But I really hope they at least open hell or something. Have the last 2 rooms be some kind of underworld. Let's hope they thought about bringing supernatural stuff into it. I'm hoping really hard that this house is the big surprise
I think we're going to see a hellscape more in the Darkest Deal finale. For this I'm expecting more of that Midsommar / Wickerman ending. With the info from the podcast I'll expect the finale to be that sawmill with a 2 story altar /pile of bodies and Constance leading a big final sacrifice.

Other things that sounded really interesting from the podcast was the "magical" forest scene. Unless it's the facade I'm not sure how that scene fits in with the town being slaughtered by lunatics.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet