Blumhouse: Behind the Screams (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Blumhouse: Behind the Screams (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss

“Blumhouse: Behind the Screams” is an original concept that showcases a selection of Blumhouse horror films, including the highly anticipated films Five Nights at Freddy’s and The Exorcist: Believer, and fan-loving hits like M3GAN and The Black Phone. This unique experience breaks the fourth wall and invites guests to explore these films as they step through the silver screen for an up-close look at authentic film props, costume displays, and terrifying character encounters.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So the Q Area will have props, then will you be lead into the theater to watch behind the scenes/previews and the characters will come out then?

It's why I am much more open to this, even if it's going to be something simplistic for that space. It helps add an additional means of diverting people away from the core houses and TT, especially when paired with the prospect of getting a behind the scenes look and sneak peak of arguably the biggest horror film of the year in the mass outlook: FNAF.

Shocked Orlando isn't getting anything for the film, considering how big it is in how far outreaching it is going to get.

Also heads up. I saw a Black Phone Photo Ops in the Lobby as well

So if your a fan of the film like I am, make sure to get a picture there as well if you can

so I posted this on Employee Preview, but now with it public and out there:

I just wanna say I love the fact that this feels like a NBCUniversal Experience, but Horror Nightsified. The fact that the Fazbear Gang got to get into this with the full costumes/animatronics on display is a major boon too; as it should draw people who want to see FNAF stuff, away from the other houses for brief spells at a time.

so I posted this on Employee Preview, but now with it public and out there:

I just wanna say I love the fact that this feels like a NBCUniversal Experience, but Horror Nightsified. The fact that the Fazbear Gang got to get into this with the full costumes/animatronics on display is a major boon too; as it should draw people who want to see FNAF stuff, away from the other houses for brief spells at a time.
Coming from someone who wasn’t crazy about the show, I hope they keep the concept but expand upon it. (Spoilers ahead) Like maybe when he lights go out, have the Exorcist demons suddenly appear when the lights come in and have them scare people or something. Maybe have the show be a minute or two longer with some other surprises.

Coming from someone who wasn’t crazy about the show, I hope they keep the concept but expand upon it. (Spoilers ahead) Like maybe when he lights go out, have the Exorcist demons suddenly appear when the lights come in and have them scare people or something. Maybe have the show be a minute or two longer with some other surprises.

I agree with this tremendously. Be if it's with Blumhouse, or even with Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw Productions (he is expected to be coming out with a new horror film in Christmas 2024 after-all); I would genuinely be floored if we got to see more of the museum/theater concept expanded and evolved further and further to allow more diversity and nuance.

Imagine if you could have Spring Bonnie from FNAF jump out, and come around the lobby to scare guests (like how The Grabber is sprinkled around the entrance foyer and queue), or Babyface or even The Blissfield Butcher involved. Adding and evolving more and more could be a major boon and benefit.

Kind of like Avengers Campus from DCA, but with the context of HHN. Something that is ever evolving over the course of the event, and ties directly into the promotional material being handled.

Even for the sake of adding more in the theater; you mention The Exorcist and it's a great point to consider. FNAF would work wonderfully for it too, especially if you can jebait guests as if the show is over before the theater goes dark, with Toreador Freddy popping in and out of the left side of the theater for projections.

Last edited:
I really wanted to like this show… and while the lobby exhibits were cool, and the Megans, the rest of the show is a bust. One mildly amusing sight gag and a trailer do not a show make.

It ended so abruptly, no one even realized the show was over. The team members had to tell the guests to exit. That’s not a great sign.

And it’s also disappointing they didn’t incorporate any chair movement at all. So much more could’ve been done.

I can’t imagine this getting good guest feedback. Which worries me, because instead of trying to create a better show, I’m afraid the powers that be will look at that and just decide to give up on putting shows there for HHN at all.

I really wanted to like this show… and while the lobby exhibits were cool, and the Megans, the rest of the show is a bust. One mildly amusing sight gag and a trailer do not a show make.

It ended so abruptly, no one even realized the show was over. The team members had to tell the guests to exit. That’s not a great sign.

And it’s also disappointing they didn’t incorporate any chair movement at all. So much more could’ve been done.

I can’t imagine this getting good guest feedback. Which worries me, because instead of trying to create a better show, I’m afraid the powers that be will look at that and just decide to give up on putting shows there for HHN at all.
I hope not

Hopefully they see the money/effort put in and even if the feedback is meh they understand it’s because of the budget and as long as people show up then hopefully they do it again