Bluto's Evacuated By Orange Co. Fire Rescue | Inside Universal Forums

Bluto's Evacuated By Orange Co. Fire Rescue

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ride evacuations obviously happen all the time and local police/fire are sometimes contacted just so Uni is covering their ass in case something were to happen during the evacuation (especially if there is a guest with a disability that needs to be evacuated). I love how the local news tries to make a story out of it.

Last edited:
Anytime OCFR is called it comes across the scanner. That's all it takes to get the local media on the story. If it turns out to be nothing it drops out of the news cycle after the 11p show.

Didn't they just recently complete their yearly maintenance on it?

It did, but that doesn't really have much bearing on this. Rides break, but more often then that guest do stupid things that cause rides to be stopped.

In the case of this ride if they emergency stop it the water drains, and if a boat is in an odd position they would call OFD to cover their asses.... IE:

Ride evacuations obviously happen all the time and local police/fire are sometimes contacted just so Uni is covering their ass in case something were to happen during the evacuation (especially if there is a guest with a disability that needs to be evacuated). I love how the local news tries to make a story out of it.

"Fire officials said guests on one raft that stopped just before an incline on the ride were able to walk off safely without any injuries."

That line tells me it's exactly what you said.