Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bravo Top Chef Food & Wine Festival (March 2020)

For those who don't want to click-through -

General Admission is $179
Day/Night Combo is $199
VIP is $299

Interesting to see them go with a hard ticket event versus more casual "included with admission" offerings seen at other parks.

But still--179 for the event ticket itself? That seems..incredibly high, even if the event would have top chefs and artists around the globe to attend the event.

I'd rather if they are to dot his, go with the included with admission, similar to that of how DCA and Epcot does it, as opposed to locking it away.

Considering that's about what I spend while at Food & Wine, it's worth it if food & drinks are included.

Considering that's about what I spend while at Food & Wine, it's worth it if food & drinks are included.

They directly mention tastings, so I'd assume samples would be included, or at-least in the same size as that of those from the Swan/Dolphin FW Festivals. I'm probably going to be incredibly off-kilter in that guess, but it's all I have.

Sweet! USH is doing a "food and wine" fest! Sign me u-

*Looks at the price*

Eeeeeehhhhhh.......that's going to be a no for me chief.

If you're a passholder and have to pay on top of that just to get in, especially considering that all of the other "food and wine" events aren't hard-ticketed....YIKES.

Yea, that's way too much, even with food tastings and alcohol included. This will price out most people. Perhaps they're trying to make it a smaller, more intimate experience without insane crowds.

If you don't care for the live competitions and interview panels, consider Taste of Anaheim held at the Anaheim GardenWalk that occurs annually in late spring. For $40, you get unlimited samples from dozens of Anaheim restaurants. Although they do have a cash bar, several booths offer free alcohol so you don't have to pay extra to get drunk if you don't want to. My family did it last year and it was a lot of fun. It's like Costco sampling on steroids.

I see they're offering different prices for Passholders, but I don't have my pass with me (you have to enter it into the site to see the prices). Anyone know what they are for APs?

That said, I don't drink alcohol, so half of that is lost on me, so I doubt I'll be attending. Seems overpriced and very short (only two days?), but I assume it's sort of a test run. I'd hope next time they'd do it a bit more like the other theme parks.

I will give them the fact that partnering with Top Chef does give it a bit more credibility. But still not enough for me with those prices.

However, those extra VIP food & wine events that other parks offer seem to be very popular (like Epcot's Food & Wine events), so it may find an audience, especially with celebrity chefs. I can imagine that while theme park people may say "meh" and "overpriced", foodies may say otherwise. They seem to be a pretty devoted group with deep pockets. My sister once took a trip from LA to Chicago just to eat at a particular restaurant, and then came back home. The restaurant was the only purpose of her trip.

But still--179 for the event ticket itself? That seems..incredibly high, even if the event would have top chefs and artists around the globe to attend the event.

I'd rather if they are to dot his, go with the included with admission, similar to that of how DCA and Epcot does it, as opposed to locking it away.

Its after park hours. thats why they are getting away with it.
Regular Theme Park rides, attractions and shows will not be open during this event.
Also its 21+ so having it included with admission is harder to control.

Bravo’s Top Chef Food & Wine Festival has been postponed at Universal Studios Hollywood due to “uncertainties with the event’s programming elements”