BttF Returning? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

BttF Returning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New BTTF Ride?

• Total voters
I was there a couple of days and went on a few times, it was 10minutes maximum. I was there towards the end of the September, early October rather than end of October...perhaps a quieter time? I remember it clear as day, Jaws had a 45minute queue, it was stacked on that day.

Simpsons still gets good wait times, but keep in mind it has a higher capacity load then Jaws did. But yes, Sept/Oct are slower times (save for HHN).

The detailing in the videos and the props was absolutely amazing. The ride was well ahead of its time when it came out. The reason a lot of people bang on about the fact that it 'hurt' when riding it, or 'rose tinted glasses' is because a) they were old and past going on rides (it's a flying delorean ffs, do you want it to be like soarin..?!?!) and/or b) they were never huge fans of the trilogy to begin with.

Clearly, there are a few exceptions who were just not big fans, and they are of course entitled to their own opinion....perhaps from within their mental institute ;-)

BttF got extremely jerky towards the end of it's life. Nothing to do with being old or "rose tint glasses".

and ahead of it's time? It was preceeded 4 years earlier by Star Tours.

BttF got extremely jerky towards the end of it's life. Nothing to do with being old or "rose tint glasses".

and ahead of it's time? It was preceeded 4 years earlier by Star Tours.

It needed a refurb, yes, but most rides do when they reach that age. The screen and projectors that BTTF used were far superior and far more immersive than Star Tours and Body Wars.

Also: why is there talk about hatin' on and lovin' on Potter in here? Coming from me (I cannot stand the Potter series), I think Forbidden Journey is one of, if not the best dark ride ever built. But that's all I have to say about that.

I wouldn't mind BTTF if it were a new ride entirely. Like Cheetah Hunt where you hit a burst of speed ("88MPH") and slow down for dark ride moments through various time periods.

Wow. My double posts disappeared. Freaky!

I was there a couple of days and went on a few times, it was 10minutes maximum. I was there towards the end of the September, early October rather than end of October...perhaps a quieter time? I remember it clear as day, Jaws had a 45minute queue, it was stacked on that day.

I was there at the end of September and beginning of October last year too and Simpsons was never less than 30 minutes. I waited until HHN started before riding Simpsons, when the wait time finally dropped to 15 minutes early in the evening.

The detailing in the videos and the props was absolutely amazing. The ride was well ahead of its time when it came out. The reason a lot of people bang on about the fact that it 'hurt' when riding it, or 'rose tinted glasses' is because a) they were old and past going on rides (it's a flying delorean ffs, do you want it to be like soarin..?!?!) and/or b) they were never huge fans of the trilogy to begin with.

Nothing to so with age. I was in my early 20's when I rode BttF and thought the ride was very jerky and hurt. And even today, as I am in my 30's, i can handle intense thrill rides. So no, age has nothing to do with saying the ride hurt. So you are totally wrong.

Last edited:
You guys might like this.........

j1HKRYWT5RZgS.jpg

Universal's target market is mostly teens/young adults. BTTF first came out 27 years ago...you do the math.

Universal would be foolish to bring back a new BTTF attraction now.

Universal's target market is mostly teens/young adults. BTTF first came out 27 years ago...you do the math.

Universal would be foolish to bring back a new BTTF attraction now.
Unless their is a reboot, which by the rate of reboots lately I would assume would be coming out shortly..

Yeah. BttF is not in the same category at all. Those films are being rebooted because they were, for the majority, really bad.

Like the BTTF 2 and 3 weren't? Haha. I mean, the (here come the redundancies) classic Mummy and Wolfman films are classics, and I think that's more or less what they're going back too with the new reboots. So less Brenden Frazier campiness and more legitimate horror.

I wouldn't write BTTF off just because its so old. The movie is still very popular today and it is a film that almost everyone has seen. More people in Universal's targer market have seen BTTF then Jaws, and many who have seen jaws don't find it as much of a great film, due to feeling highly dated.

Bulldoze Shrek and I Love Lucy and make a smaller version of the former ride, considering that's a fairly small amount of space. BTTF was a big part of Uni, and it just doesn't seem right without it anymore. The Simpsons was a bad idea. The ride is horrible, the ride system is abnoxiously loud and rickety. HATE HATE HATE it.

Bulldoze Shrek and I Love Lucy and make a smaller version of the former ride, considering that's a fairly small amount of space. BTTF was a big part of Uni, and it just doesn't seem right without it anymore. The Simpsons was a bad idea. The ride is horrible, the ride system is abnoxiously loud and rickety. HATE HATE HATE it.

Ride system is the same. Perhaps a few tweaks but as far as I can tell it's the same. I suggest not letting nostalgia keep you from dreaming about further profit down the road. BTTF is a classic, and I loved the ride and I loved Jaws as well. But those titles weren't cutting it anymore and to bring guests in you have to stay mainstream.

Mainstream rides=profit=better stuff for us to drool about :cheers:

Ride system is the same. Perhaps a few tweaks but as far as I can tell it's the same. I suggest not letting nostalgia keep you from dreaming about further profit down the road. BTTF is a classic, and I loved the ride and I loved Jaws as well. But those titles weren't cutting it anymore and to bring guests in you have to stay mainstream.

Mainstream rides=profit=better stuff for us to drool about :cheers:
I wish they would've just closed jaws drained it and built a Uni ORL backlot tour.

I wish they would've just closed jaws drained it and built a Uni ORL backlot tour.

As cool as we would think that is would regular tourists? If i werent the theme park nerd I am would I honestly be interested in a backlot tour? Would I pay an excess just to go see a abacklot tour? Honestly. No. Uni has to do what they have to to keep their park breathing and up until Nov 1st it was seemingly on life support. lol

As cool as we would think that is would regular tourists? If i werent the theme park nerd I am would I honestly be interested in a backlot tour? Would I pay an excess just to go see a abacklot tour? Honestly. No. Uni has to do what they have to to keep their park breathing and up until Nov 1st it was seemingly on life support. lol
Transformers will definitely draw more crowds to the park.

That Backlot tour in USH costs extra? You serious?