Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Buying a mix of resident and non-resident tickets, and when do 2022 tickets go on sale

Apr 8, 2021
I have a Jan 2022 Orlando trip planned for my family. I planned to do 2 days at Disney and 2 days at Universal. Already bought all of the tickets, lodging, etc... everything except for Universal tickets.

I am having a nightmare of a time trying to buy the Universal tickets:
  • Nobody answers the phone lines even after 2 hours waiting, and I tried for a week at different times of the day to see if there was a difference.
  • I can't simply buy online because part of my family is from Florida and part from Virginia and there is no information as to whether only the person buying the tickets needs to present the drivers license or whether it is needed for every member of the family (which would be absurd for my 9 year old grandson). That is why I was trying to check over the phone.
  • Finally, just to test I proceeded through and found that they are not yet selling tickets online for Jan 2022, so even that would have been pointless.

So... does anybody know how I can get answers about the mix resident/not resident group ticket purchase, and about when tickets will go on sale for Jan 2022?

Or... should I just assume that Universal is so overwhelmed by covid that they have become non-functional and that maybe I should just forget about Universal and spend 4 days at Disney instead?