Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Considering you can get regular family suites at less than $150 a night a lot of the time and those sleep 6, yes I think $500 a night to sleep two more people does sound pretty pricey for Cabana.

I think these prices are going to be slightly inflated since it's for opening day and Volcano Bay.

Considering you can get regular family suites at less than $150 a night a lot of the time and those sleep 6, yes I think $500 a night to sleep two more people does sound pretty pricey for Cabana.

I saw $370 6/1 - 6/5. Might have been a FLO rate but still more than I am going to pay no matter how nice the view. Can use the extra to buy admission and be IN the park.

Single night rack rates are always going to be higher. Using the Stay More, Save More rate for multiple nights it brings down the price per night dramatically.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Single night rack rates are always going to be higher. Using the Stay More, Save More rate for multiple nights it brings down the price per night dramatically.
Yep, plus that's peak season/summer rates. Off season at Universal on site hotels are always much less than peak & summer rates. One of the main reasons I go to Universal in May, Sept. & October.

Reactions: traveller
What's the code for that?
Yeah, run it 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 nights and you'll see the different rates per day. Off season discounts are higher percentages than summer & peak, plus the base rates are considerably lower off season. In off season, I've been sometimes able to get Portofino for as low as $192 a night for a 7 night stay. Then I get a free room upgrade for being a gold member.

Reactions: Joel
Yeah, just doing the room for 3 nights in September knocks it down to $350 a night. For a 2 bedroom suite thats not bad. Same time period, two cheapest rooms at CB are $145 apiece. So to go from two standard rooms to a Volcano Bay view suite for $60 is a trade up just about any group who is willing to room with each other will take.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Under $150 in September for this but is it definitely in the new tower?

Pool/Volcano Side Room
With stunning views of Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park, this 300 square-foot room offers two queen size beds, a flat screen TV, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, and sleeps up to four guests.

They should've made a real crosswalk between the two, if only to make it easier to patronize each other's restaurants and bars.

They should've made a real crosswalk between the two, if only to make it easier to patronize each other's restaurants and bars.
I have a feeling they are worried that traffic may end up backing up too close to the I-4 exit ramp once Aventura and the Cabana Bay towers are built. There's going to be a lot more traffic at that intersection soon. By redirecting people to the bridge, they can make the light stages shorter and/or longer as they please and end up moving more cars around.

I don't think Uni can just build a crosswalk themselves. They would have to go through the city I think and there may be fear of backup as stated above.

What they should do is just build a cheap, prefabbed bridge over the road. Sure it would cost a little money, but with all of the people that go between the resorts and not having to worry about any potential tragic accidents, it would be a worthy investment.

I don't think Uni can just build a crosswalk themselves. They would have to go through the city I think and there may be fear of backup as stated above.

What they should do is just build a cheap, prefabbed bridge over the road. Sure it would cost a little money, but with all of the people that go between the resorts and not having to worry about any potential tragic accidents, it would be a worthy investment.
I think with the current bridge and future tunnel there is no need for an additional bridge.

I think with the current bridge and future tunnel there is no need for an additional bridge.

agreed. I'll take the risk and accept all responsibility for my actions including walking across a street.
Oh i've walked across that street many times, but only because the bridge is so out of the way. Universal really should put up better signage directing people that want to head over to Sapphire to go to the bridge. Many don't even know there's an entry point for it there.

They don't need to make it mandatory and we can all take responsibility for ourselves, but my point is that someday, someone is going to get hurt or possibly worse and they're very likely going to sue. If that sign isn't well lit at night, Uni is extremely at risk.

I'm surprised they don't add a sign to direct guests to the bridge. Most guests don't even know where or what it is. And with Volcano Bay opening, more and more people will try to walk along the street because they don't know where to go.

Reactions: sonoma15 and Nick
I'm surprised they don't add a sign to direct guests to the bridge. Most guests don't even know where or what it is. And with Volcano Bay opening, more and more people will try to walk along the street because they don't know where to go.

I believe there is a sign now directing people to use the cross walk. Here is my question, once you walk over the bridge if the gate is locked how you supposed to get in? Will the other resort keys work?

I believe there is a sign now directing people to use the cross walk. Here is my question, once you walk over the bridge if the gate is locked how you supposed to get in? Will the other resort keys work?
I had this problem at Sapphire. I walked out of the hotel and the door locked and the fence/gate to the pool was locked too. I was like a farm animal stuck in it's pen. My CBBR key didn't work at Sapphire so I had to actually call the front desk in order to get myself out of that situation.

Crazy, I know.