Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good tips. I love their Pina Coladas they have at the Atomic Tonic, so I was planning on buying one or two and then switching to my own beer in the souvenir cup.

Is there seating for 6 people? I saw they have 2 cushioned lounge chairs, but wasn't sure what else was provided.
Plus a table with four chairs in the cabana. Depending on where your cabana is, usually you can pull up a few more lounge chairs right in front.

Here's the cabana we rented, we pulled one more lounge chair next to the 2 already here, and pretty much every other cabana pulled as many as they wanted.

IMG_7586.JPG

This is the table and (4 total) chairs inside the cabana, note they don't care about bringing your own food.. just alc. Sorry only pic I had was with my gf in it, hopefully she never finds out I posted it haha.

IMG_7600.jpg

Here's the cabana we rented, we pulled one more lounge chair next to the 2 already here, and pretty much every other cabana pulled as many as they wanted.

View attachment 3773

This is the table and (4 total) chairs inside the cabana, note they don't care about bringing your own food.. just alc. Sorry only pic I had was with my gf in it, hopefully she never finds out I posted it haha.

View attachment 3774
:thumbsup:

Here's are a few questions for those who know:

When you say they do not want you bringing your own alcohol, do you mean to the hotel in general or just by the pools?

Do any of the bus lines that run to Universal also run by a Walmart, Target, or grocery store?

What sort of cooking equipment is included with the in room kitchenette (toaster, microwave, pots, pans, etc)?

Any idea what the rates of the rental cars are at the hotel?

We are looking to stay here for the first time this year and do it without a rental car so I am looking for all the help I can get.

Thank you!

When you say they do not want you bringing your own alcohol, do you mean to the hotel in general or just by the pools?

Do any of the bus lines that run to Universal also run by a Walmart, Target, or grocery store?

What sort of cooking equipment is included with the in room kitchenette (toaster, microwave, pots, pans, etc)?

We are looking to stay here for the first time this year and do it without a rental car so I am looking for all the help I can get.

Thank you!
We've always taken our own alcohol to the hotels BUT, they don't allow you to bring your own alcohol, wine or beer into the Universal pools. Not sure whether that's just policy or law, but an attendant at Portofino said the pool ban was due to a Florida state law.

Reactions: kingcooger
We've always taken our own alcohol to the hotels BUT, they don't allow you to bring your own alcohol, wine or beer into the Universal pools. Not sure whether that's just policy or law, but an attendant at Portofino said the pool ban was due to a Florida state law.

I think a small part of this is to really clamp down on any glass being at the pool.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
I think a small part of this is to really clamp down on any glass being at the pool.
We were bringing our wine in paper/plastic cups when they came up to our lounge chair and did the spiel saying it was a law. Don't know if the law thing is true or not. Maybe Seventy One would know. Note: (But I did figure out a way to do it without them catching it, but I won't say it on a public forum)

Thank you!
Uber to Walmart on Turkey lake. Less than parking a rental. I don't know rental prices.

Microwave in the Family suites and coffee makers in all with mini fridge

OK for alcohol in the hotel just not in the lounges or pool areas unless purchased there

Reactions: kingcooger
Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog

View attachment 3773

View attachment 3774
Thanks. Looks like you had a pretty good spot too.

The website says there are TVs in the Cabana, but I can't imagine where they would fit.

We were bringing our wine in paper/plastic cups when they came up to our lounge chair and did the spiel saying it was a law. Don't know if the law thing is true or not. Maybe Seventy One would know. Note: (But I did figure out a way to do it without them catching it, but I won't say it on a public forum)

If there is a bar at the pool, they may consider the whole pool area the bar. You aren't allowed to take alcohol into bars. But I think it would also mean that you couldn't take alcohol from the pool bar to your room, and I'd be surprised if they didn't allow that.

Reactions: graspthesun
If there is a bar at the pool, they may consider the whole pool area the bar. You aren't allowed to take alcohol into bars. But I think it would also mean that you couldn't take alcohol from the pool bar to your room, and I'd be surprised if they didn't allow that.
Never saw them stop someone from taking it out of the pool area, but they certainly won't let you bring it in to the pool area (unless they don't see it). That's why I'd like to see one of our OU legal experts weigh in on whether there is an actual Florida law regulating it in pool areas..

Uber to Walmart on Turkey lake. Less than parking a rental. I don't know rental prices.

Microwave in the Family suites and coffee makers in all with mini fridge

OK for alcohol in the hotel just not in the lounges or pool areas unless purchased there

Thank you!

Question, is there a stove top for the kitchenette?

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts