California Great America | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

California Great America

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When is it closing? I heard ten years
They have up to 11 years, but the land's new owners can just give two year's notice any time in that period. They could close as early as 2024 or as late as 2033 depending on how much interest and money there is on the plot.

Losing Pony Express would suck despite its underwhelming blink & its over ridetime. I almost feel like it was a beta-test coaster for cheap. It's a hilariously popular coaster too. However, if Railblazer fits the space "Gimme, Gimme"!!

Knott's already had an Enterprise, it was called the Loop Trainer and was located where Supreme Scream is now.
View attachment 16653
Gross. That was definitely the CHEAP crappy model. The one Cedar Point had was sleek, sexy & amazing.

Losing Pony Express would suck despite its underwhelming blink & its over ridetime. I almost feel like it was a beta-test coaster for cheap. It's a hilariously popular coaster too. However, if Railblazer fits the space "Gimme, Gimme"!!
As much as I love Railblazer, I don't think Knott's needs it. I think Michigan's Adventure needs it more than Knott's. But if they want to bring it to Knott's, how about Coast Rider? I think they should save Pony Express for a new coaster that can go over and behind Calico Rapids.
Knott's already had an Enterprise, it was called the Loop Trainer and was located where Supreme Scream is now.
View attachment 16653
Oh I know....but I still want it. :grin:

Reactions: Wesker69
I've never been here but it looks like the RMC Raptor clone is the most interesting thing there

Sorry if this is anyone's "home park" but I'm just going off what I see

Interestingly, this will reduce the companies debt by $2 Billion, so I definitely get it

I've never been here but it looks like the RMC Raptor clone is the most interesting thing there

Patriot is pretty fun, Flight Deck is the best B&M invert in the Western US IMO, and Gold Striker is a stellar GCI. They have four solid coasters at the park that will be a big loss.
Interestingly, this will reduce the companies debt by $2 Billion, so I definitely get it
As much as it would suck to lose this park, I can’t fault CF for making this decision then.

Railblazer is the best ride but Flight Deck and Gold Striker are quality coasters. Everything else is very meh. There's also a Mass Effect theater simulator ride too, its alright.

Gross. That was definitely the CHEAP crappy model. The one Cedar Point had was sleek, sexy & amazing.

Um... aren't they all exactly the same, aside from coloring? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were all the Huss model. Except that Witch's Wheel had the type where your seat was very low to the ground, and Loop Trainer and Orbiter have the type where you sit more on a bench. Personally, I prefer the latter.

On a side note, I don't see much point in Knott's getting Railblazer when SFMM will already have WW:FOC. While I realize fans will know the differences, the general public would think they're the same--it'd be a terrible marketing move. It should go to a CF park that needs it more.

And I'm not even really a carousel person, but that one is so majestic and unique. I really hope it finds a way to be preserved, even if it's just part of a city or county park. That would be a true tragedy if that's torn down.
carousel_columbia_sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Well considering corporate basically told Knott's their leaked coaster was too expensive & their park was in too much disrepair to warrant spending an obscene amount of money on said new coaster....

Knott's most definitely needs Railblazer & whatever other ride Snoopy, Whittles & Boysen-Bear can snatch up from Great America. Screw the other parks.

Also since acquiring a new launch cable for Xcelerator (and all other coasters like it) has become such an issue... I say they give it the axe for something more reliable. Can anything at Great America fit there?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Well considering corporate basically told Knott's their leaked coaster was too expensive & their park was in too much disrepair to warrant spending an obscene amount of money on said new coaster....

Knott's most definitely needs Railblazer & whatever other ride Snoopy, Whittles & Boysen-Bear can snatch up from Great America. Screw the other parks.

Also since acquiring a new launch cable for Xcelerator (and all other coasters like it) has become such an issue... I say they give it the axe for something more reliable. Can anything at Great America fit there?
Knott's and Buena Park have denied those mega coaster plans were legit. We got played.

Like I said earlier, Railblazer would be a better fit for a park like Michigan's Adventure. That park desperately needs anything. I think Knott's wants to move away from lower capacity rides with the park being so heavily attended.

I know this would never happen, but I would love for SFMM to buy some of the flats GCA has. Now that's a park that could really use some flats.

I hope everyone can go one more time before it closes

I’ll be there next week my first and most likely last trip

She throws in right at the end that the property is still zoned as a theme park. Zoning laws have stopped many construction projects in CA over the years, but I don't think that will matter much here. Love to be wrong though

She throws in right at the end that the property is still zoned as a theme park. Zoning laws have stopped many construction projects in CA over the years, but I don't think that will matter much here. Love to be wrong though
Six Flags Northern CA, coming soon
;)