Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think from the check in side of the hotel it will be more open and people can come in. I think from the park side will be more closed to those with reservations at restaurants or staying at the hotel. I also think that path will be more hidden in how it is being built that most people naturally won't venture over there. But I agree with others that it probably won't be open from the park since that would be too many people.

I don't know the culture in Paris, but I do know America lol, ask someone if they have a reservation may lead to you profiling them and you on tictok getting dox. I would not want that job.

With the rumored BTTF reference and the general concept of Celestial Park being that it is the world between dimensions and where explorers dwell, my question is, does Constellation Carousel have some IP or explorer scientist reference?

Look at it like this: every land has a something that connects it to the central theme of Celestial Park.

Nintendo: Mario is an inter dimensional traveler already. This land will tie in more directly if the Luigi’s Mansion area gets built as Professor Elvin Gadd will presumably be featured.

Dark Universe: Victoria Frankenstein is a scientist.

HP: we enter 1920’s Paris which is the time period of Newt Scamander, a wildlife biologist of sorts.

HTTYD: Hiccup is an inventor.

So, with all that, is there anything planned for Constellation Carousel?

I don't think it'll be a big problem, Grand Californian at Disneyland is another "in-park" hotel, sandwiched between two parks and doesn't really have any issues.
Thank you for pointing out the most obvious comp for Helios.

At Grand Cal, the entrance to DCA is restricted to hotel guests only. You’re allowed to leave through that turnstile, but only because you can re-enter the park back at the main entrance or walk through Downtown Disney back to the parking lots. I would expect Helios to not allow non-hotel guests to exit (without dining reservations) because it’s a dead end.

And like most places where the public is reasonably denied entrance, people will just shrug their shoulders and keep going about their day in the park.

I think it will be like its current hotels, you can go anywhere on property just not in the room areas and pool. I think we may be overestimating how many people go to the hotels just to go at universal. My biggest concern is getting access to the rooftop bar as a non-hotel guest honestly. . .

Is this true? I'm fairly certain I've walked back through that entrance many times and I've never stayed a night at the hotel (though I have donated hundreds of dollars at its bars and restaurants). Either way, I think you're right that Helios will operate similarly.
The times I wandered through the Grand Cal it was that way. Anyone could exit DCA into the Grand Cal, but entering the park from Grand Cal the was a CM there to check tickets. It has been a little bit but I do not see why it would have changed, also can see Helios doing the same.

Does that mean there will a secondary security check in the hotel before entering the park?
That's how they do it at Universal Beijing & their in-park/on-site hotel. At least for early entry, but I'd expect it to be in existence

On a completely different note, I wish Celestial Park had a dark ride. Their is definitely a story to be told in that format.

Does that mean there will a secondary security check in the hotel before entering the park?

I would anticipate that there will be security at that entrance - it's not much different from the security checkpoints on the walking paths from the hotels into Citywalk.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Does anyone know what the hill next to the carousel is meant for? Is something supposed to go there or it's just designed that way?

flathill.png

Do we really think THAT many people are going to want to take time out of their day to just sit in the hotel lobby, though? I think the percentage of folks who aren’t focused on maximizing their time on rides is small enough that there really won’t need to be THAT big a barrier to enter from the park.
Social media's revealed a lot of people will take time out of their day for a lot less. It could also be a way to cut down on people getting lost or walking into the hotel thinking it's part of the park (which I mean, technically it is) and exiting without intending to.

I was also thinking more along the lines of cutting down incidents like say, someone walking from the park and out of the hotel lobby with some extra baggage they didn't have going in.

I may be wrong, but I kind of assume the semi-circular area in front of the statue will basically be the "spring" where all the water flows from, like those things under Hulk where water comes up and spills over the sides. Essentially the headwaters of Celestial Park, with a match at the other end in front of Helios.
I thought the same thing and you may be right. I was looking over at this art piece along with the deeper hole they dug there thinking it would be inward-falling behind the statue.

cp.jpg

It could just be extra vertical space needed capture water and return it to the pumps. It's just as likely it won't appear that deep at all when filled.

I like this entrance detail. The 2 columns with fire on top have water coming out of it. It's there where the whole water flow springs from.

View attachment 20593
I can almost hear the sound of this. It'll be nice to hear moving water all around the park like this.

I think it will be like its current hotels, you can go anywhere on property just not in the room areas and pool. I think we may be overestimating how many people go to the hotels just to go at universal. My biggest concern is getting access to the rooftop bar as a non-hotel guest honestly. . .
None of those hotels are attached to the park though. If other hotels mentioned earlier are an example to go by though we may not even get that either.

That said, there are hotels that have a similar setup with rooftop bars: The way I've seen it set up when the bar is open one elevator in the lobby is only used from the first floor to the rooftop bar with no stops in between (other buttons are disabled). I imagine Helios would do something similar, maybe even via a dedicated elevator if it's open all day into the evening.

Reactions: Ahmanet
The times I wandered through the Grand Cal it was that way. Anyone could exit DCA into the Grand Cal, but entering the park from Grand Cal the was a CM there to check tickets. It has been a little bit but I do not see why it would have changed, also can see Helios doing the same.
I can say with confidence that we walked out through the Grand Californian turnstiles and then (after visiting the Hearthstone Bar) right back in around mid-afternoon. It seems official policy is to ask for a room key, but I've never had that happen (to the point where I didn't know this was a rule). Anyway, we'll see what Helios ends up doing — but I don't think this will be much of an issue.

How will guests at Studios and Islands get to Epic? Leave thru City Walk, walk all the way to the busses, wait in line, drive 2 miles, or so, away to Epic, wait thru security again... or will there be an easier way? Maybe a monorail or something, or a train like Hogwarts Express? Also what will the pricing be like? It'll now cost another $100+ a day to go to all 3 parks? Will Express include Epic? Or will it all be separate?

How will guests at Studios and Islands get to Epic? Leave thru City Walk, walk all the way to the busses, wait in line, drive 2 miles, or so, away to Epic, wait thru security again... or will there be an easier way? Maybe a monorail or something, or a train like Hogwarts Express? Also what will the pricing be like? It'll now cost another $100+ a day to go to all 3 parks? Will Express include Epic? Or will it all be separate?
It'll be similar to Volcano Bay (taking a bus outside of security), which is a pain in the butt compared to the existing theme parks. But most Orlando tourists (and locals) will be used to taking a bus many miles to go from one theme park to the other, assuming they've ever been to Walt Disney World.

We don't know anything about pricing or the availability of Express.