Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can say with confidence that we walked out through the Grand Californian turnstiles and then (after visiting the Hearthstone Bar) right back in around mid-afternoon. It seems official policy is to ask for a room key, but I've never had that happen (to the point where I didn't know this was a rule). Anyway, we'll see what Helios ends up doing — but I don't think this will be much of an issue.
I can see how that’s happened - the official stance is hotel guests only but it’s down to enforcement, and that can slip about whenever… either in the morning due to volume or later in the day due to ambivalence.

The entire DLP Disneyland Hotel was security screened if I remember correctly (i.e., all suitcases coming into the building). But it also sits inside another screened area so essentially the only gap was the front door where a car would drop off. I’m guessing Helios will be just like the hotel entrances into Citywalk, but into the park.

Phantasialand in Germany has all it's hotel connected to the park but there is an entrace gate so you need to prove you have a ticket for the park or has business in the hotel to get in.

How will guests at Studios and Islands get to Epic? Leave thru City Walk, walk all the way to the busses, wait in line, drive 2 miles, or so, away to Epic, wait thru security again... or will there be an easier way? Maybe a monorail or something, or a train like Hogwarts Express? Also what will the pricing be like? It'll now cost another $100+ a day to go to all 3 parks? Will Express include Epic? Or will it all be separate?

I think that's the way it's going to go transportationwise.

Today a 2-park ticket at Universal is $55 more than a 1-park ticket. Disney is $59-84 more for park hopper over the individual park tickets. I think we'll see the price point settle around $65-80 more, but maybe they'll keep a 2 park ticket for the main campus?

I think Express will be sold similarly. You can buy for one park only or for all three parks. Maybe a 2 park option? It's still way too early to tell for sure though.

I wonder if with the opening of Epic Universal actually creates a "weddings" service like Disney has? Currently it looks like all the wedding events are through the hotels:

I keep thinking Celestial Park has a couple of beautiful wedding spots, and the ballroom at the top of Helios would be an amazing reception venue along with some of the other restaurants within Celestial.

I was thinking, is this the first park with the in-park hotel at the back of the park vs flanking the park entrance? I know the hotel at disneyland is attached to what can be considered the side but it was there before the park opened so it was shoehorned in right?

I can say with confidence that we walked out through the Grand Californian turnstiles and then (after visiting the Hearthstone Bar) right back in around mid-afternoon. It seems official policy is to ask for a room key, but I've never had that happen (to the point where I didn't know this was a rule). Anyway, we'll see what Helios ends up doing — but I don't think this will be much of an issue.

I also recall in my 2011 trip using that entrance, not even knowing it was meant for hotel guests only.

I was thinking, is this the first park with the in-park hotel at the back of the park vs flanking the park entrance? I know the hotel at disneyland is attached to what can be considered the side but it was there before the park opened so it was shoehorned in right?
Phantasialand had the "in-park" hotel concept integrated into its theming for a while now. Pretty impressive how they use hotels as a "berm"

DisneySea has a hotel thats literally in the park.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I think it’s interesting that so many of the existing themed hotels that are successfully integrated in-park are themed to residence buildings in a big city. Otherwise, they create a berm that separates the real world from the fantasy world in a way that makes the hotel a curtain rather than a focal point. In DLP, the castle is the backdrop and the hotel is predominantly behind you. Similar to Grand Californian creating a giant canvas to create the illusion of a national park lodge or, hopefully, remaining unnoticed in the trees. In my opinion, the Paradise Pier/Art of Pixar hotel is terribly executed and actively diminishes the value of California Adventure, for example.

It hurts my brain to think about Fantasy Springs and Epic Universe to think about walking though a magical portal to see…. A hotel! And designed as a focal point rather than in a “go away green”. As far as I understand Fantasy Springs has a lot of show buildings that create an interior world in each land, just like Epic Universe, but still, I wonder how the land and the hotel’s facade will interact.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Seeing the workers standing inside really show how large the main fountain is. Really cool how the rock work is blending into the large basin on the right side!

This might be a wheelchair ramp with another water feature in the center?

View attachment 20699
There are 2 of these and I think these are entrances to the area. On the CGI presentation we have seen of EU you can see the whole area is gated off. The other 2 circular buildings are probably bars who could serve to the hub or when the gate closes will serve the fountain show audience.
This will be all making sense if the hub opens up to the general public at one point.