Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are 2 of these and I think these are entrances to the area. On the CGI presentation we have seen of EU you can see the whole area is gated off. The other 2 circular buildings are probably bars who could serve to the hub or when the gate closes will serve the fountain show audience.
I thought the other two would be for bars, yeah.

The flyover reveal video has two of those ramps (and two more ramps on either side of the connecting waterfall closest to the hotel), however the second one is being replaced with what could be an elevated fountain-side viewing area? There seems to be a lot more work going on on the opposite side and it's larger than the other entry points and it looks like the land is being prepped for something on top.

viewingarea.png

The gated parts appear to only be right behind the seating areas. It seems always open other than that.

gazeboandumbrellas.pngfountaingates.png

I didn't notice the umbrellas behind the seats in the rendering until now though! I'm hoping those make it in.

I thought the other two would be for bars, yeah.
The gated parts appear to only be right behind the seating areas. It seems always open other than that.

View attachment 20704View attachment 20706

I didn't notice the umbrellas behind the seats in the rendering until now though! I'm hoping those make it in.
Yeah, looking at the miniature I thought that would be vip seating where you could have a diner and watch the show. It's a weird detail. During the day the umbrellas would be great but at night with fireworks it would block the view I think.
In the end, this area has more going for it than just a fountain.

Hi love all the pics and information, getting so hyped for the opening. Thank you to everyone, who is contributing. This will be my first time being a local when a huge theme park opens, it is really exciting!

I do see people mentioning that they may at some point open up the Celestial to the public. How would that work with the rides in the hub? Do we think that there will be some type of ticket or band to get on them? I think if they want to open it to the public they are going to really have to have a handle on how the new park is operating first. It could be a nightmare scenerio at first.

Reactions: tielo
Hi love all the pics and information, getting so hyped for the opening. Thank you to everyone, who is contributing. This will be my first time being a local when a huge theme park opens, it is really exciting!

I do see people mentioning that they may at some point open up the Celestial to the public. How would that work with the rides in the hub? Do we think that there will be some type of ticket or band to get on them? I think if they want to open it to the public they are going to really have to have a handle on how the new park is operating first. It could be a nightmare scenerio at first.

Universal uses facial recognition. If, when and how we are still not sure. It's wait and see but I don't expect this happening the first few years.

Universal uses facial recognition. If, when and how we are still not sure. It's wait and see but I don't expect this happening the first few years.
Yes, but not on kids. I don't think they can fully flush out that system by Epic opening after using it at entrance. Right now you are still scanning tickets and for kids it does nothing by show a character.

I will spend most my time in that back left corner of the park. Dark Universe, tiki bar, kitschy pizza restaurant. What else does one need?
*Blue Dragon restaurant instead

A tiki bar right across from Dark Universe is cracking me up.
You laugh, but I see $$$$ if Universal was smart enough to have tiki mugs devoted to each land & of course tiki drinks themed to different Universal Monsters!

*Blue Dragon restaurant instead

You laugh, but I see $$$$ if Universal was smart enough to have tiki mugs devoted to each land & of course tiki drinks themed to different Universal Monsters!

If you aren't already familiar, Mondo offers some excellent licensed Monster tiki mugs.

(The specific offerings rotate in and out from time to time.)

If you aren't already familiar, Mondo offers some excellent licensed Monster tiki mugs.

(The specific offerings rotate in and out from time to time.)
I used to live in Austin down the street from the old Mondo main shop, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have close to $2k in these flipping mugs in my house...

We know we’ll be seeing flux capacitors on Starfall as an easter egg, I wonder if their long term plan is to move over the Delorean, train, and Doc’s meet and greet from USF to Celestial Park once Simpsons and more gets swallowed up by (probably) Pokemon. Making it the new in-resort home of BttF stuff?

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
We know we’ll be seeing flux capacitors on Starfall as an easter egg, I wonder if their long term plan is to move over the Delorean, train, and Doc’s meet and greet from USF to Celestial Park once Simpsons and more gets swallowed up by (probably) Pokemon. Making it the new in-resort home of BttF stuff?
Those BttF items are within the Central Park area and just outside of Springfield. If they ever did have to move them (again) I imagine they’d just place them closer to the Hollywood side of the park.

They’ll not move them to Epic because Epic’s immersive theming is far too rigid for actual 4th wall breaks like movie props. That’s what a Studio park is better for.

Now, incorporating movie sets and props into an immersive land *can* work, as evident by the screen used vehicles in Jurassic Park at IOA, but without an actually BttF land or ride at Epic, I don’t see a need to place those props there.

Just my opinion.

(Plus, USF is going to always be looking for any excuse to leave the BttF theme in the park’s entry music loop.)

Those BttF items are within the Central Park area and just outside of Springfield. If they ever did have to move them (again) I imagine they’d just place them closer to the Hollywood side of the park.

They’ll not move them to Epic because Epic’s immersive theming is far too rigid for actual 4th wall breaks like movie props. That’s what a Studio park is better for.

Now, incorporating movie sets and props into an immersive land *can* work, as evident by the screen used vehicles in Jurassic Park at IOA, but without an actually BttF land or ride at Epic, I don’t see a need to place those props there.

Just my opinion.

(Plus, USF is going to always be looking for any excuse to leave the BttF theme in the park’s entry music loop.)
More plausibly is that we see an Easter egg or two to Doc's inventions there.

Reactions: TylerG

Just my opinion.

Makes sense, just kinda grasping at straws to see if there could be any further tie in beyond the very small touch on Starfall.

Reactions: Nico and Suchomimus