Changes at Epcot.. | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Changes at Epcot..

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is some kind of wine that is really good in China. Might just be during F&W but I think you can get it there some where year round.

Concerning the timeline of additions at IoA, you have to remember that right after IoA opened, NBC bought Universal and then spent 5 years trying to sell off the parks. During that time, they not only didn't add anything new, they let maintenance slide into an embarrassing state. The result of this kind of management was they saw their attendance numbers slide from 9 million a year to just over 5 million a year. A slide that even with Potter they have yet to have fully recovered from.

Now, on to Epcot. While Disney seems to be bullet proof in regards to this kind on management style. I believe that the "decade of resting on their laurels" is going to catch up to them and bite them on the ass.
The 80's should have been a lesson for them...they aren't bullet proof

Maelstrom is getting worked on (from Orlando Theme Park News).

ibrzcTeItDWjOO.JPG

Makes sense, that was the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.

That picture is quite interesting. Didn't they do the RFID testing without having to do all of this work before?

The deplorable status of the Mission: Space facade from Orlando Theme Park News:

jnhYRIn139ZeM.jpg

The planter by The Land has gotten some attention:

jbwbM9t3YvIMQ1.jpg

jbzDk4XAZFhCmf.jpg

The status of Imagination's facade:

js0fFRUVbJPpq.jpg

jUC1fA7wzVj4m.jpg

j5WGRHSdKq87m.jpg

Imagination's queue received some new lighting and carpeting:

jW7AlEEAijz9i.jpg

jb0YAd5gbh73Zn.jpg

A new chimney is up on one of the rooftops in Norway, possibly for an Agent P interactive element:

jYJhKOcSYvHi2.jpg

jzyFgyYuaACD8.jpg

Was walking through Future World this afternoon before heading over to HHN.

It was just my wife and I and remember my wife is no where near on the dork level I am when it comes to the parks.

Me: Man Future World needs some help, it looks like something out of the late 80's around here.
Wife: Whats wrong with Mission Space?
Me: What do you mean?
Wife: Its different colors on top, is that mold?
Me: I told you it needs work!
Wife: I just spent 16 dollars on a dixie cup of wine and some mongolian beef, they have the money!
Me: Yeah.... Yeah they do....:'(

No only that but it's another building taking away from the waterfront viewing of Illuminations, plus it will hide the original building from viewing across the lagoon. It won't be long before they build up the waterfront with new restaurants and try to capitalize on charging for waterfront viewing.

What I wouldn't do for an Aladdin dark ride...I will say though that it is extremely hard to cover the entire lagoon in restaurants...I'm sure over the next few years they will find a way though