Characters in Flight | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Characters in Flight

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Taryn, that link you posted was out of this world!

The views from this thing are incredible! I didn't think you'd be able to see everything like that.

Right!? Gotta make sure to go up on a clear day and it seems like you can see some great sights.
Pretty sure I would do this. Just wouldn't want to go up with like 30 people I don't think.

I think I'd overcome my fear of heights to do this but with 30 people up there? That makes me unsure.

Me and like 10 other people? Sure.

I was wanting to ride tonight, but it was closed due to "High Winds". Here is a shot of the wind sock inicating "High Winds".

dsc0117j.jpg

You can really see that thing from so far away. We had just hopped onto the 417 where we live and you can see it all the way from Hunters Creek. I mean its only 8 - 10 minutes from there but yeah.

I would say don't get your hopes up for this one. We made plans to ride this our first night there 4/18 and it didn't fly due to winds. We didn't see it in the air for most of our trip. Then on 4/24 we were coming out of breakfast at the Beach Club around 11 and it was in the air. We tried to ride again on our last day 4/25 and it didn't fly that day either. Seems like its a hit or miss depending on the wind at the time you are at DTD.

I was very skeptical of this thing before I actually saw it up there, and the pics taken from it. Now I want to go up on it during the day to try for some aerial shots.

Has anyone seen or been able to take pictures from the ballon at night? I really am curious about how great everything looks from above way up high.

The original balloon has been replaced by a new one that has a different design.

From Disney Parks Blog

Downtown Disney here at Walt Disney World Resort recently added a little “character” to its skyline thanks to the arrival of a new Characters in Flight balloon.

ibjkX7eOHJeWpS.jpg

The balloon, which is currently being set up for operation, is the second balloon to be featured at Characters in Flight. As you can see above, this balloon features a new red, yellow and blue color scheme, as well as a new set of flying characters: Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Jasmine and Aladdin.

Guests will be able to go on board once the balloon completes all its safety inspections, which we are being told will be sometime in the next week.

Here are the new official hours and cost:

Characters in Flight... Operated by Aerophile is Now Open

Characters in Flight... Operated by Aerophile has completed its safety checks and is now open. Guests may now ride Characters in Flight as the weather permits.​

Operating Hours:
8:30 a.m.- 12 midnight

Pricing:
Adults (ages 9+) - $18
Children (ages 3-9) - $12
Children under 3 - free

As a special promotion, Characters in Flight offers a $10 ticket for any flight before 10 a.m.​