Cheetah Hunt | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just an interesting bit of information... for rides built at Busch Gardens Tampa, they are allowed to build the ride 1 foot higher for every 1 foot they are away from the edge of their property. In other words, a 300ft coaster lift hill would need to be 300 ft away from the property line. That's not really too much of a restriction, but with the proposed location of this new coaster, they can build very high if they so cared to.

Busch is really not far from the airport as you can see planes landing at night from the top of Sheikra, a 300 foot coaster is a lot to ask for an Apollos chariot close would be awesome though.

More news from Screamescape:
icon_STOP2011/2012 - The Next Coaster - Rumor - (1/26/10) While we don’t know much about BGT’s next big coaster, a popular rumor going around says that it very well could be an Intamin creation this time around. Kind of shocking considering that Busch has always stuck with B&M for their big coasters, but then again… the reason they may be looking outside the normal channels is that this may be a launched coaster experience. Of course, they could have just as well gone with Premier Rides as well, since I know they were looking to work with them for that indoor/outdoor coaster project that was put on hold for SeaWorld San Diego. Busch has worked with Intamin in the past, but typically only on their older water rides such as the Rapids or Tidal Wave. However Busch had seemed to move away from Intamin to work with Mack Rides instead for virtually all of the water rides built in the last decade (ie: All three Journey To Atlantis rides). Another question I would have to raise involve Intamin’s somewhat snug coaster restraints compared to others, a factor that could cause some problems in the tourist heavy Central Florida market which seems a fairly large share of overweight guests. I’m not even going to get into the technical aspects here, before we know what kind of launch system we’re talking about, as Intamin has made some reliable launch systems... and some not so reliable. Stay tuned!

From Screamscape

According to one source, Busch officials had at one time taken a particular interest in Hersheypark’s Storm Runner, so whatever they’re planning may use that concept as a starting point perhaps.

I like the little slap to some of the bad launch coasters. Busch will add something unique for the area to get some more traffic. They have Montu which is IMO the bust suspended coaster I have ever ridden. Sheikra is amazing and Kumba is still great even though a tad rough. As far the wooden coaster, wooden coasters should not be allowed in a humid place like Tampa, that has aged BAD>

I hope it's not like Storm Runner because it seems like a short ride. I would like to see a hyper like Bizarro or a blitz like Maverick.

What about that nice, pleasant, THEMED, dark ride we were supposed to be getting? :smiley:

It seems like this will be about the new coaster. They've already made their announcements for "Safari of Fun". Can't wait to see what they've got in store for this. Thanks for all of the updates Surfer!

I would really love to see a dark ride at Busch Gardens!!!! I think an indoor safari would be great, or even something more Disney-oriented like Pirates... But if BG gets at least a new dark ride, It will ABSOLUTELY beat Animal Kingdom, in my opinion, because BG has enough rides and wonderful animal exhibit, while AK has wonderful animal exhibits but very few rides...

From yaytez @ IOACentral:
I know that this announcement will most likely have to do with a new coaster.....just not a new coaster in that part of the park. Wow....two new coasters? You know the answer if you think about it.

I have heard that the announcement on the 25th will NOT be about the new coaste. And I have also heard that this new coaster will NOT be a B&M (OK we knew that part. But it has been confirmed by my source). My source didn't go beyond that (He/She knows I post any inifo I get), so I have no details on what it will be, just not a B&M.

I would really love to see a dark ride at Busch Gardens!!!! I think an indoor safari would be great, or even something more Disney-oriented like Pirates... But if BG gets at least a new dark ride, It will ABSOLUTELY beat Animal Kingdom, in my opinion, because BG has enough rides and wonderful animal exhibit, while AK has wonderful animal exhibits but very few rides...

Animal Kingdom looks nicer, though. :p

More news from screamscape:
2011/2012 - The Next Coaster - Rumor - (2/11/10) According to information found at BGT Guide, the park has filed for a building permit for what is described as a “Animal Interactive Area: 7 Frame Structures”. Of course this still doesn’t mean that the project wont involve a new coaster or other thrill ride element as Manta at SeaWorld had quite an extensive animal habitat built into the project as well.

From StarTrekGeek @ IOACentral:
Just saw this quote from JKDisney82 at Florida Thrills last month:

I have recently been told that following will take place within the next two years at BGT:

- walkway from EOA to Nairobi next month
- Rhino Rally being remodeled, water portion gone, but expanding into serengeti
- Skyride shut down in june for 6 months to put in 2011 hyper launch coaster, station out of monorail building.
- katonga going away end of this year to put ice show in palace.

http://www.floridath...6638/#post83998

Star Trek Salute