Cheetah Hunt | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When you look at the leaked documents, (the pathway proposal) you can identify catlike footprints, that they added on top of their generic pathway image.

catlike.jpg

I havent been to Busch Gardens since 1997. Do they still give away free beer there? The park holds a special place in my heart, as it was the first time I went on a "Real" roller coaster. Which was Montu...I fell in love with them the minute after the first drop. Before that the only coaster I had been on was Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain.

Would love to go again and be able to ride the wooden coaster, the freefall coaster, and this new one.

I really wish Florida would get a Giga coaster with a giant steep drop like MF...but I will take a coaster designed like Maverick anyday of the week. The best we have around these parts seems to be the Hulk...although I've never been to Sea World..my wife would never go for aniaml right reasons alone.

I havent been to Busch Gardens since 1997. Do they still give away free beer there? The park holds a special place in my heart, as it was the first time I went on a "Real" roller coaster. Which was Montu...I fell in love with them the minute after the first drop. Before that the only coaster I had been on was Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain.

Would love to go again and be able to ride the wooden coaster, the freefall coaster, and this new one.

I really wish Florida would get a Giga coaster with a giant steep drop like MF...but I will take a coaster designed like Maverick anyday of the week. The best we have around these parts seems to be the Hulk...although I've never been to Sea World..my wife would never go for aniaml right reasons alone.

Busch Gardens and Seaworld both stopped giving away free beer early last year.

As for the park itself, it is definitely great if you are a coaster enthusiast. Sheikra was definitely a great addition and hopefully this new coaster will be even better!

The difference is all the others are actual words in some language, relating to the theme. This is a made up word and is to silly and whimsical for a thrilling coaster in my opinion. Duma would be a nice fit with the other names in the park as it is an African word and still relates to the cheetah theme, if that be.
You do have a point. Silly sounding or not, at least the names of the other rides mean something. I'm not saying I don't like the other names. But it did take a while for me to not feel stupid saying them around other people.

Cheetaka kind of sounds like the name of a villain from a kids cartoon.

From what I am getting, there will be little to NO airtime on this coaster. Instead there will be a LOT of ground hugging extreme Gs. The exact opposite of airtime.
Noooooo.
Positive Gs do almost nothing for me.
I enjoy them when they are in an element like a helix, but when you get them in turns, it just seems like they kill the feeling of being sideways. That's part of why I love the overbank turn on Rockit. You actually feel it as you turn sideways, unlike the big turn on Hulk (after the mist tunnel) and Ice dragon (after the first drop).

Florida needs a hyper.
A big, smooth, steel coaster with nothing but drops and hills.
Intamin or B&M.
Now.

Last edited:
From Ratmead at Florida Thrills:

Just a couple of quick notes from today. It looks like they will be starting on the first trench very soon. They have already started removing a few of the (dead) trees and bushes, it looks like some dirt is already being moved as well. They also put up that black plastic material you see used at construction sites that is about a foot high. It is pretty much all around the train track area, looks like some real work is going to get underway soon.

Unfortunately I forgot to bring the batteries for my camera, so I had to use my phone instead, so the quality will be worse than normal, but I should have them up pretty soon. New camera is on the way however. *cheer*

Oh, and I didn't see it running, but Scorpion is back in one piece.

Looks like they're starting land clearing.

I don't believe there has been a specific date given. My guess would be next month based off of this quote from March:

Sadly the Rhino Rally rumor is true, I was on it a couple weeks ago and our driver stated that they were shutting it down forever in a month or two.

I don't believe there has been a specific date given. My guess would be next month based off of this quote from March:

Well, I'm happy I got my last ride on Rhino Rally with the wet portion last Thanksgiving. Sad to see the wet portion go.

Also, here's more news from Ratmead:

I may be wrong here, but I thought the area in front of the skyride usually had some birds, and water in that pond? Walking by there yesterday I noticed that the birds were gone, and the water in that little pond was drained.

I am also wondering if they will have a different queue for sky ride. Looking at that building, I don't know if it will be able to house a queue for a major coaster and the sky ride.

Is there a pond in front of the Skyride?

Without the tame but adventerous spirited water portion and special effect of Rhino Rally..what is really the point? You do not often get that close to the actual animals.

Yeah, I'm sad to see the wet portion of Rhino Rally closed, but I think in this case the advantages outweigh the bad. Just think how awesome it will be to zoom through that canyon at speed...

If Busch were lacking coasters and thrills I would say they do outweigh it, but this is only going to restrict the fun families can have together with their style.

At least they know the market they can reach.

More news from Screamscape (yeah, most of this we know, but Lance did post something interesting):

2011/2012 - New Attractions - Rumor - (4/26/10) New construction updates from BGT can be found this week at Theme Park Review, BGT Nation and RC Pro. It has also come to light in several places that one possible name for this new attraction could be Cheetaka. The company has already secured the name to the Cheetaka.com website domain and I’ve found a Trademark application online for it just filed on April 18th, 2010. Of course this still doesn’t mean that this is the final name for sure just yet, as in the past the Busch parks have trademarked different possible attraction names well in advance, only to later drop them upon picking the final name. I’ve also discovered a trademark filings for Kangaloom on March 10th, Kookaburra’s Nest (March 10th), and Walkabout Way on March 19th.
The odd thing is that all three of these other filings have a very Australian theme, which really fits possible attractions for Aquatica more, unless they are thinking of adding an Aussie themed land to BGT. As for Cheetaka… while it fits the long rumored Cheetah theme we’ve heard talked about, I’m still unsure of how they will pull that off without confusion between it and the Cheetah Chase coaster.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=886132
http://bgtnation.blogspot.com/2010/04/project-2011-news-and-possible-name.html
http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/bgt4.23.10/

Last edited:

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts