Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 2023) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In the second of our two-part behind-the-scenes preview, we take a look at Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count with Creative Director John Murdy.
Halloween Horror Nights 2023 Sneak Peek - Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count

Reading it more and more, and there seems to be..almost of an inciting reason to why Chucky what he does that is different than Orlando's, where they had it with the premise of "Outsourcing" a house that doesn't fit his approval.

Chucky--is just pissed at Hollywood for the disrespect he has been given. And you know what, fair. Try having to contemplate being canned due to cancel culture and being given hand-me-downs, you'd be just as angry as he would be.

Reactions: Freak and Michael S
Reading it more and more, and there seems to be..almost of an inciting reason to why Chucky what he does that is different than Orlando's, where they had it with the premise of "Outsourcing" a house that doesn't fit his approval.

Chucky--is just pissed at Hollywood for the disrespect he has been given. And you know what, fair. Try having to contemplate being canned due to cancel culture and being given hand-me-downs, you'd be just as angry as he would be.
Oh yeah, I think Murdy had fun with this one and all the meta elements he could play with.

I haven’t really seen much of Orlando’s version but I know it is getting mixed reviews at best. I think Hollywood’s should be one of the better houses this season.

There will be a fun bit in the facade where Chucky, on video screens, is swearing and Universal censors him, which pisses him off even more when he realizes this.

Welp after hearing all of the poor reviews for Chucky's house in Florida, I think there's a good chance this could be the better of the two. This will either be really good or this is going to be really bad. We'll probably find out Tuesday!

Welp after hearing all of the poor reviews for Chucky's house in Florida, I think there's a good chance this could be the better of the two. This will either be really good or this is going to be really bad. We'll probably find out Tuesday!
I saw the video of Orlando’s and did the behind the scenes tour of Hollywood. I’ll say, even with the lights on and the house not 100% finished, ours is a lot better in its design. Execution is what’s gonna count on this one.

I'm really hoping that's the case, was really disappointed to see Orlandos end up as basically just good guy boxes lining the walls with the occasional wax museum-esque vignettes. I'm a big fan of the show so when it first got announced it was honestly pretty high on my list, hoping it sticks the landing in its current form.

Reactions: Michael S
I'm really hoping that's the case, was really disappointed to see Orlandos end up as basically just good guy boxes lining the walls with the occasional wax museum-esque vignettes. I'm a big fan of the show so when it first got announced it was honestly pretty high on my list, hoping it sticks the landing in its current form.
I don’t mean this as an insult to either park, but the Orlando version looked like a Knott’s Scary Farm maze to me. Completely fine, but out of place at Horror Nights. Hollywood’s really looks fully fleshed out, with the amount of detail we expect from this event, and I think will please Chucky fans and maybe even some who aren’t too keen on the franchise.

I don’t mean this as an insult to either park, but the Orlando version looked like a Knott’s Scary Farm maze to me. Completely fine, but out of place at Horror Nights. Hollywood’s really looks fully fleshed out, with the amount of detail we expect from this event, and I think will please Chucky fans and maybe even some who aren’t too keen on the franchise.
It does kinda remind me of waxworks, but i think that's more just because of the museum style of set design more than anything else.
Honestly, I think a big part of the issue is the chucky puppets just dont have enough life to actually be scary, a little more articulation in the limbs and face would go a really long way, especially since the opening animatronic sets a high bar that none of the actual puppets really meet. Even just some show scenes where he's operated as some kind of muppet-esque simple rod puppet would probably do a lot to add personality to the house where it's lacking.
Hoping we see at least a little bit of something like that in Hollywood but im also not holding my breath, since that probably requires going through a puppeteering union which the universal higher ups would probably protest.

I was told in July that Hollywood's Chucky was very likely to be superior to Orlando's based on the quality of the puppetry alone. Make of that what you will.
I think Hollywood had different and potentially stronger resources to pull off Chucky than Orlando, which alone would affect the puppetry quality.

From the behind the scenes tour, Murdy mentioned they worked with mechanical engineers who, in the past, have worked on various new attractions for the parks. This year, the engineers helped out for multiple houses, from TLOU, Monstrous, and obviously, Chucky being the most.

I think Hollywood had different and potentially stronger resources to pull off Chucky than Orlando, which alone would affect the puppetry quality.

From the behind the scenes tour, Murdy mentioned they worked with mechanical engineers who, in the past, have worked on various new attractions for the parks. This year, the engineers helped out for multiple houses, from TLOU, Monstrous, and obviously, Chucky being the most.

Not sure if he spoke to this, but I was also told the show’s puppeteering crew contributed and advised.

Hoping this means we're getting at least one solid genuine chucky animatronic, preferrably multiple
Especially since we already know Monstruos has one for La Lechuza

Hoping this means we're getting at least one solid genuine chucky animatronic, preferrably multiple
they had a couple of the animated chuckys going while we took the tour and they were extremely impressive. will that hold up when you've got throngs of guests quickly shuffling by? no clue! but I can tell you that even with the lights on they represented a big step forward.
IMG_8738.jpeg

Without spoiling too much, can someone give me a rundown of all the scenes from the movies and episodes that are in the maze? I haven't watched the show, but would like to do a quick catch up on the episodes in the maze. And maybe a rewatch of key scenes from the movies.