Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL

Chucky is coming! Universal Parks just announced Orlando and Hollywood will feature a haunted house inspired by the USA & SYFY hit series, “Chucky”, at the 2023 event.

Last edited:
Reactions: salismetho
And there’s the world’s record for the earliest house announcement. Crazy HHN 2022 isn’t technically over yet and we already have a confirmed house for next year. Crazy.

Don’t have time to read the article but I take it we don’t have an official title? Also surprised it took them this long to do a proper Chucky house on both coasts.

Reactions: marip123
That was unexpected, holy crap! I had a feeling with all those Chucky stuff around the park (Photo Op, and starway narration), it was building up to this.

My mind is absolutely blown that they announced the first house of next year before this year even ends. I haven’t even started thinking about speculating for next year yet!
My only experience with Chucky at HHN/Universal has been his old house of horrors room and Titans of Terror Tram, so I’m excited to see a full on take on Chucky

Surprised as Murdy as said he doesn't want to do a Chucky house in the past. Guessing this was forced by marketing?

Everything since Curse of Chucky is absolutely fantastic material for HHN to use.

Floored however by how early this is. And how specific (last time anything this close was occurring, it was Jack.)

Reactions: marip123
Presumably this will be in the Lower lot, and open for early entry? Undoubtedly this will command long lines. Maybe a themed food booth where the Klowns BBQ was this year?

Haven't seen the newest season yet but I'm extremely, incredibly excited about this, and hopeful that the evident budget increases from this year means they can do a puppet-heavy house. Nica, Tiffany/Tilly and flashback Charles Lee Ray gives them human characters they can use in between.

Hopefully this is a sign that they are gonna pace the announcements way slower and not just announce like 3 at once like this year

Surprised as Murdy as said he doesn't want to do a Chucky house in the past. Guessing this was forced by marketing?

Absolutely forced by corporate synergy.

Hope they take creative liberties and aren’t locked into the show - which, let’s be real, most fans will have not seen. (I say this as someone who enjoys it a lot.)

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Absolutely forced by corporate synergy.

Hope they take creative liberties and aren’t locked into the show - which, let’s be real, most fans will have not seen. (I say this as someone who enjoys it a lot.)
Even if it is 100% the show, most fans will just be excited to see Chucky scenes and won't care. Would basically be like an original maze to them. Myself included. I love Chucky but I think the show is AWFUL and haven't watched more than the first episode. But I am VERY excited for the maze just to see the carnage.

STOKED to have an announcement this early!

Reactions: Rideguy70
Chucky S1 is actually good so this will work as a house. It’s a surprise announcement that I am pleased with. Based on the money they made this year, this house should look awesome.

Well, hopefully he at least will muster up some enthusiasm for this, even if it was put on him from above. A full maze here that utilizes the Play Pals factory from the end of Child's Play 2 or the carnival/Devil's Lair stuff from 3 or any of the film stuff that's just sitting there on the table has always been on my wishlist, but I'm totally fine with it being based on the show, because at least it's not Leatherface or Michael Myers yet again. I'd just hate to see Murdy dispassionately deliver something less than stellar because he doesn't care about it when this has a whole hell of a lot of potential so many fans would love to see realized.