CityWalk Hollywood | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
Kinda Sucks its only on Weekends, maybe if they get busier during the last weeks of the year they open on weekdays as well

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
Does weekends include Fridays?

Edit: Found it on USH Citywalk’s website. Friday’s 12 - 8 PM.

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
So I went today and not like a Giant line but people kept lining up for the pop up

Its a little more themed than I thought it would be...now my mind is hoping that if its big they add some more items from the land to make it even more magical.

Line Moved sooooo fast, love it 5/5 stars for speed.

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
Any word on what the plan is with Citywalk now that outside dining is not allowed? The Website says nothing on the new restrictions

Edit: Just got an email from Universal thanks everyone for supporting them during this time and they are happy to be reopen...they talk about the new Potter Pop up and the Christmas Tree. I wonder if they are an exception and are allowed to stay open with restaurants

Last edited:

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
I've heard a few places will stay open... I'm assuming for take out only? But you could just "take it out" to any of the numerous tables around. Most of the food court will remain open, as will VooDoo. But a good portion of food places will likely be closing.

Butterbeer is staying open, and is now going daily.
Nice! I’ve been wanting to go get a Butterbeer, but didn’t want to be near crowds. Going to go next week on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
I've heard a few places will stay open... I'm assuming for take out only? But you could just "take it out" to any of the numerous tables around. Most of the food court will remain open, as will VooDoo. But a good portion of food places will likely be closing.

Butterbeer is staying open, and is now going daily.
Good to hear on Potter and will have to see what the rest of the places do.

Rideguy70

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
Was there today briefly to confirm Butterbeer is indeed open. Also, they are definitely discouraging eating there (as per the latest LA Covid ordinance), even outside. All the tables they had placed by the Cinema are now removed, the upper eating level is blocked off, and the terrace eating area behind the old Subway has tables, but no chairs.

Bubbga Gump was indeed open, but only for takeout. Antojitos and Vivo closed completely. Voodoo is still open. Buca ((again, takeout only) is supposedly open, but didn't get down that way to confirm.

Citywalk was a ghost town for Thanksgiving. Between the holiday and the new eating ordinance, it was super empty. I honestly think there were more team members and security there than actual guests.

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
Was there today briefly to confirm Butterbeer is indeed open. Also, they are definitely discouraging eating there (as per the latest LA Covid ordinance), even outside. All the tables they had placed by the Cinema are now removed, the upper eating level is blocked off, and the terrace eating area behind the old Subway has tables, but no chairs.

Bubbga Gump was indeed open, but only for takeout. Antojitos and Vivo closed completely. Voodoo is still open. Buca ((again, takeout only) is supposedly open, but didn't get down that way to confirm.

Citywalk was a ghost town for Thanksgiving. Between the holiday and the new eating ordinance, it was super empty. I honestly think there were more team members and security there than actual guests.
Ohhh gosh, this is not good. I might see if my friend's can go sooner rather than later then before they shut down.