Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Kinda Sucks its only on Weekends, maybe if they get busier during the last weeks of the year they open on weekdays as well

So I went today and not like a Giant line but people kept lining up for the pop up

Its a little more themed than I thought it would be...now my mind is hoping that if its big they add some more items from the land to make it even more magical.

Line Moved sooooo fast, love it 5/5 stars for speed.

Any word on what the plan is with Citywalk now that outside dining is not allowed? The Website says nothing on the new restrictions

Edit: Just got an email from Universal thanks everyone for supporting them during this time and they are happy to be reopen...they talk about the new Potter Pop up and the Christmas Tree. I wonder if they are an exception and are allowed to stay open with restaurants

Last edited:
I've heard a few places will stay open... I'm assuming for take out only? But you could just "take it out" to any of the numerous tables around. Most of the food court will remain open, as will VooDoo. But a good portion of food places will likely be closing.

Butterbeer is staying open, and is now going daily.

I've heard a few places will stay open... I'm assuming for take out only? But you could just "take it out" to any of the numerous tables around. Most of the food court will remain open, as will VooDoo. But a good portion of food places will likely be closing.

Nice! I’ve been wanting to go get a Butterbeer, but didn’t want to be near crowds. Going to go next week on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

Good to hear on Potter and will have to see what the rest of the places do.

Was there today briefly to confirm Butterbeer is indeed open. Also, they are definitely discouraging eating there (as per the latest LA Covid ordinance), even outside. All the tables they had placed by the Cinema are now removed, the upper eating level is blocked off, and the terrace eating area behind the old Subway has tables, but no chairs.

Bubbga Gump was indeed open, but only for takeout. Antojitos and Vivo closed completely. Voodoo is still open. Buca ((again, takeout only) is supposedly open, but didn't get down that way to confirm.

Citywalk was a ghost town for Thanksgiving. Between the holiday and the new eating ordinance, it was super empty. I honestly think there were more team members and security there than actual guests.

Was there today briefly to confirm Butterbeer is indeed open. Also, they are definitely discouraging eating there (as per the latest LA Covid ordinance), even outside. All the tables they had placed by the Cinema are now removed, the upper eating level is blocked off, and the terrace eating area behind the old Subway has tables, but no chairs.

Bubbga Gump was indeed open, but only for takeout. Antojitos and Vivo closed completely. Voodoo is still open. Buca ((again, takeout only) is supposedly open, but didn't get down that way to confirm.

Citywalk was a ghost town for Thanksgiving. Between the holiday and the new eating ordinance, it was super empty. I honestly think there were more team members and security there than actual guests.
Ohhh gosh, this is not good. I might see if my friend's can go sooner rather than later then before they shut down.

A small update I feel so bad for Universal, they just put up some Christmas Decorations on Kong and in the front of the USH theme park entrance but rumors of a stay at home shut down could come this weekend meaning if you want a butter beer or to see the Christmas decorations before the Holiday passes this might be your last weekend to go.

I will report tomorrow how busy it is with restaurants shut down and how strict they are about drinking butter beer on property.

How busy was it?
For a weekend not very...took less than 5 mins to get a Butterbeer or order from Voodoo Donuts. A few people as the sunset came near the entrance to listen to the Christmas music and look at the lights but overall the least busy I've seen the place since when it opened the first time I went had I think even more people because there is NO places you can eat.
Also while the orders are you must still wear a mask when eating snacks/drinking a butter beer it felt pretty low key, so if you want to meet friends here to grab one before its shut down feel free to.

Don't feel bad. Someone got to keep their job to put these up and to later take them down. :up:
True, I just feel bad for them putting effort into making the place festive and being shut down.

But the place for now is still open, and doubt many will be there (just sawa video of Disneyland having almost no one there as well) so now might be the time to go if you just want to see some Christmas decorations

Update Went after work today and it was the least amount of people I have ever seen at Citywalk ever. I'm sure on a Random Monday its just as empty but Christmas eve?

Anyway Hot Butterbeer is good, might be better than cold. Looks like they are finally coming down on people and telling you not to eat/drink on property.

A new Studio Store has opened inbetween Hot Topic and the first Mini Studio store they opened a few months back. Mainly stuffed animals, lego's and Jurassic Dino toys.

HP candy is half off in the Studio store....so you could spend 24 bucks at the pop up or walk 5 feet away and save 12 bucks...lol.

Update Went after work today and it was the least amount of people I have ever seen at Citywalk ever. I'm sure on a Random Monday its just as empty but Christmas eve?

Anyway Hot Butterbeer is good, might be better than cold. Looks like they are finally coming down on people and telling you not to eat/drink on property.

Yeah, it was dead this evening. Along with the no dining onsite, I’d have to guess the novelty of walking around there has worn off. This was our first night trip and thought it was even better with all the lights and Xmas decorations.

Gotta agree on the hot butter beer, especially good on a cold dreary Los Angeles night! We drank ours by the festive park entrance (also completely empty) and weren’t reprimanded. Even asked an employee and they said to drink it away from others and keep your mask on between sips.

Yeah, it was dead this evening. Along with the no dining onsite, I’d have to guess the novelty of walking around there has worn off. This was our first night trip and thought it was even better with all the lights and Xmas decorations.

Gotta agree on the hot butter beer, especially good on a cold dreary Los Angeles night! We drank ours by the festive park entrance (also completely empty) and weren’t reprimanded. Even asked an employee and they said to drink it away from others and keep your mask on between sips.
Maybe it was just the sign they put up making me think it had changed but good to hear. I think once food returns then it should get "busier" again but think it mightbe this way for the next month now that Christmas is over and nothing new will be added

Though on that note, It looks like a Simpsons Donut Cart is being added near the Potter quick service butterbear but....I really doubt this will draw people.

Think if they want to try to get people back when they have the crews taking down the Christmas bring out some more props from Potter and maybe some things from the park you could take pictures with. That's if they want people to be drawn in, but since we have plenty of Space near the globe the Back to the Future Car being there could draw some people or put up that Dinosaur they had last year for the Jurassic Movie.

I was thinking the same thing about XMas. They could have had a photo op with the Grinch in a globe/Flaming Lips bubble roasting people near the entrance.

Movie props would be cool, but it does seem like they’re discouraging people from hanging out. When they first reopened, we went to Mini Monster and sat outside the entrance plaza watching the globe display. Now, all those benches are blocked off and the globe’s been turned off.

It’s a Catch 22. They’re bringing in a little business, but not enough to get them shut down.

So today was much busier than last week..maybe people were traveling but people seemed to be back today.

Simpsons Donuts were officially being sold starting today from what I saw on Twitter. But at least so far, no sales on most Christmas items in the Universal stores besides the masks which are 5 bucks for the two Christmas themed ones