CityWalk Hollywood | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't stop to have anything, but the new Toothsome bar looked nice from the outside and had a decent number of bodies for an early Tuesday evening.
We actually grabbed a drink there before Horror Nights on Sunday, Sept. 6. It was reasonably crowded but also severely understaffed. Two bartenders who were both making over-the-top-Instagram-cocktails and taking orders from the smattering of tables around the bar.

Unfortunately being crowded yet understaffed seems to be a permanent fixture at CityWalk table service restaurants these days.

• Sad
Reactions: Clive
Having just stopped by Citywalk for the first time in a while this evening, both of these spots feel too small for a Cowfish. Maybe -- maybe -- the Dongpo Kitchen venue, but it'd be really tight. Not sure how practical it is.

Didn't stop to have anything, but the new Toothsome bar looked nice from the outside and had a decent number of bodies for an early Tuesday evening. The Celebrity Authentics store is a smart move -- lots of tourists with money to burn who may be wow'd by celebrity autographs on an (admitteldy neat) assortment of collectibles.

Most welcome was the light Halloween refresh of the Universal Cinema. In addition to the aforementioned Renfield, Van Helsing, and Dracula Untold costumes front and center on the first floor, they've added a bunch of costumes and props from Ma, The Substance, Abigail, Shaun of the Dead, and Army of Darkness on the upper floors. They've also switched out the usual BG tracks for eerie music or, on one occassion, the Jaws theme.

If you're looking for Studio Screamers, I didn't see any in the main Studio Store, but there were a few in the corner at the "Tribute Store" near the ET garage. I only spotted one Slash vinyl, which I grabbed.
For some reason they seem to be putting one vinyl out on the shelf at a time in that store. When I checked out I saw multiple boxes behind the counter of them.

Reactions: Clive