CityWalk Hollywood | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blaze is a build it your own, personal size pizza

Like pizza rev

Or for those who still dont know, think subway

It'll be a great addition
Personally, I have heard interesting things about Blaze, and I am very interested to trying it; if it opens around the time that I go there before the Potter rush happens.

Went to Blaze Pizza once, didn't love it but didn't hate it. Will be better than what was there before though. Will be nice to have a place to get good food quickly at City Walk.

Reactions: Aaron
Fountains still in progress.  I'm still amazed at how complicated they are.  Look at that second photo--how do workers even move around in all that?  Remarkable.

Citywalk_010916_1.jpg
Citywalk_010916_2.jpg

The put-your-face-on-a-magazine-cover station is gone.

Citywalk_010916_3.jpg

Finally seeing some work on LudoBird.

Citywalk_010916_4.jpg
That 'put your face on a magazine' place was there for as long as I can remember...I dont think I actually saw anyone use it? I always thought it seemed like something for a tourist or as a gag gift but yeah I never really saw the appeal.

Face-on-a-magazine has been replaced with two-photos-in-one.

Citywalk_011616_1.jpg

Little fountain is catching up to the big one.

Citywalk_011616_2.jpg
Citywalk_011616_3.jpg

A portion of the renovated Studio Store is open.

Citywalk_011616_4.jpg

Citywalk_011616_5.jpg

Considerable work still underway in other portions of the interior.

Citywalk_011616_6.jpg

Anyone have info on this space?  It's been vacant for months.

Citywalk_011616_7.jpg

Only mentions restaurant but can't help but wonder if bowling or other activities will be included.

Citywalk_011616_8.jpg

Shoe Palace is moving so slowly that it's covering it's face in embarrassment. ;-)

Citywalk_011616_9.jpg

That portion of the Studio Store has been open for quite a while now. Like since late November/early december. I bought my Grinchmas lanyard there opening weekend.

I love Blaze Pizza, I think it's going to be an AMAZING addition to CityWalk, I much prefer it to Pieology. 

^ Better than Dominos?

Nope, but still very, VERY good. The ONLY thing I see Blaze's not going for them is their crust, it's thin, but crispy, it's not bad, but I could go for different style crust options. Plus, they have a nice desert. Pieology's placement of cheese is always lopsided for me, and comes out looking weird. I don't mind, it's almost the exact same as Blaze's but I still prefer Blaze's, (plus they cook their pizza's perfectly). 

Reactions: Aaron
^They have a nice desert? :p

A place like Blaze pizza should do quite well at Citywalk. I expect them to always have a line. I think this was probably one of the only smart changes to Citywalk they have put into action (besides giving "Things from Another World" a larger space).

I think this was probably one of the only smart changes to Citywalk they have put into action (besides giving "Things from Another World" a larger space).
I am genuinely surprised by how busy Things from Another World gets, even during the week. I would have bet that store would not have been very successful with the CityWalk crowd. I would have been very wrong. I'm glad to see it's doing well. 

GameStop also seemed to have quite a good crowd but you could tell it wasn't very popular towards the end as the store would be mostly empty during the day. 

Reactions: Stylowtrix
Here's a random quick tip if you are going to City Walk or the parks for a short amount of time:

If you are going to the parks (or City Walk) for less than two hours, just use valet. At the cheapest time (after 3 PM) parking is still $18 for general. But valet is only $15 for less than 2 hours. You would be saving yourself $3, a walk, and finding your car. Here is some more information on parking: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/getting-to-the-park/

-GoHawks!!!

Just before I lifted up my camera LED lights were blinking throughout the fountain.

Citywalk_012916_1.jpg

Walls are back up in front of Studio Store.  Exterior wall surfaces are being replaced.

Citywalk_012916_2.jpg

Hmm, where's that gothic window going, interior or exterior?

Citywalk_012916_3.jpg

Color-changing fiber optic lights getting installed in the ceiling.

Citywalk_012916_4.jpg

Entrance Plaza is evolving nicely. 

EntrancePlaza_012916_2.jpg
EntrancePlaza_012916_1.jpg
EntrancePlaza_012916_3.jpg

Bougainvillea have been replanted in the flower boxes in the roofs of the ticket booths.  Shade!

The barricades & security check pretty much destroy the whole purpose of this newly renovated entrance plaza. Also I'm sure it will look great when its completed, but i'm just not overly crazy about so many palm trees. -shrugs- If they had been smart they would've redone the entrance when they were building the Universal plaza... rather than 3 months before Potter opens.

Speaking of Potter... that castle window is most likely just display scenic. We know they're crazy enough to put in the castle-esque windows but I kinda hope they don't, it would defeat the purpose of all this renovation. This is Universal though, so we'll just have to wait & see.