CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, Marley's is great. Plus it's unique and damn entertaining. I'm always surprised that so many people on IU have never eaten there. Really good live entertainment bands to boot.
Just a tip to those who have never been there. The inside is a near replica of Marley's house with indoor seating, balcony seating, and a large open air courtyard with table seating,
and a caged bandstand. Pure Marley and Jamaican ambiance. Food prices are reasonable and portions are huge. We absolutely love it.
I'm so glad someone else on here feels the same way. It is 100% the most overlooked spot in Citywalk. If it was in Margaritaville's spot or even Antojitos' spot, I think it would be one of the most popular spots. But it just has such an out of the way location that barely gets any foot traffic.

It's an absolutely gorgeous building and it feels so unique. Like you said - pure Marley/Jamaican ambiance. Also helps that a lot of the employees are from Jamaica!

TLDR; anyone that hasn't gone to Marley's, please give it a shot.

I'm so glad someone else on here feels the same way. It is 100% the most overlooked spot in Citywalk. If it was in Margaritaville's spot or even Antojitos' spot, I think it would be one of the most popular spots. But it just has such an out of the way location that barely gets any foot traffic.

It's an absolutely gorgeous building and it feels so unique. Like you said - pure Marley/Jamaican ambiance. Also helps that a lot of the employees are from Jamaica!

TLDR; anyone that hasn't gone to Marley's, please give it a shot.
Yes, the nondescript front facade of Marleys, And Pat O'Brien's also, doesn't help attract tourists to the restaurants. That's that old CitiWalk look and probably would help if the facades
received a much needed update/refurb. And of course, as you said, the location is not as prominent as Marg. or Antojitos.

Yes, the nondescript front facade of Marleys, And Pat O'Brien's also, doesn't help attract tourists to the restaurants. That's that old CitiWalk look and probably would help if the facades
received a much needed update/refurb. And of course, as you said, the location is not as prominent as Marg. or Antojitos.
The problem is the layout of CW is just bad. Everything on the upstairs is hidden from people. It's the same reason I've yet to eat at Breadbox. I just forget it exists.

The problem is the layout of CW is just bad. Everything on the upstairs is hidden from people. It's the same reason I've yet to eat at Breadbox. I just forget it exists.
Despite really wanting to go to Breadbox, I have never been to Breadbox.

I don't mind the layout so much in general, but I think there needs to be more signage telling people that "hey, there's actually a second floor to this." My first trip I didn't look at any maps and I had no idea the second floor existed.

Reactions: Grabnar and Mad Dog
You could've held a gun to my head and told me to tell you where the sushi restaurant (not Cowfish) is in City Walk and I wouldn't have been able to tell you.

I think the original intent was that the top level would be the party/club level spot for people that hadn't necessarily gone to the parks for the day

And the bottom level would funnel out park guests and act as a post-park dinner spot

But now they're going through and redoing everything so its design flaws are sticking out

I'm glad I don't have to worry about breakfast or lunch lol. I only eat 1 meal a day and lost 22 kilo so I can get my skinny ass in these new coasters. :clap:
But there are some great restaurants at CityWalk I need to hit for dinner as soon as I can get to the US. Thanks for the lists as I watching and learning.
Congratulations on the effort

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
An easy fix for making the second floor more used. Add escalators and stairs going to the top level from the bottom level that faces the main entrance path. This would probably be in front of Bubba Gump, so pros and cons to it. If it isn't used enough, have a sign that says IOA is that way, which isn't 100% wrong.

An easy fix for making the second floor more used. Add escalators and stairs going to the top level from the bottom level that faces the main entrance path. This would probably be in front of Bubba Gump, so pros and cons to it. If it isn't used enough, have a sign that says IOA is that way, which isn't 100% wrong.
I thought they could push the path back a bit towards the garages and split it into upper and lower levels with a very gradual grade. Swooping walkways so some go high and some go low but they all meet towards the water.
They have to put in reasons to walk up vs down though

I thought they could push the path back a bit towards the garages and split it into upper and lower levels with a very gradual grade. Swooping walkways so some go high and some go low but they all meet towards the water.
They have to put in reasons to walk up vs down though
There are reasons to walk up there though. The problem is people don't know they are there or don't have a good idea of what they even are. Before my first time going to Bob Marley's a bit ago, I was under the impression is was more of a club.

I honestly don't know how to get up to that part of Citywalk. Maybe I should put more effort into it next time around.
The CityWalk stage sits between the stairs.

DSC09915.jpg

I honestly don't know how to get up to that part of Citywalk. Maybe I should put more effort into it next time around.
There's an escalator over by Starbucks and a natural ramp over by Antojitos

I feel like they painted Antojitos the color(s) they did to try and attract people in that direction

They also invested in a big a** neon sign that was placed at the very top level

In terms of redoing the place, what are they using the CW stage for at this point?

I feel like they painted Antojitos the color(s) they did to try and attract people in that direction

In terms of redoing the place, what are they using the CW stage for at this point?

It has the same motif as the parks - late empty theatre - might be a theme

I'm glad you kept the elevator secret ;)

The one on the water? they've had live music there most of the times I've been by it

There's also a ramp between the Studios Store and BigFire. There's five big avenues to get up there. It's not a terrible design for renting out CityWalk: they just close off the top part with the clubs and slower restaurants.

Also that's totally why they painted it like that.

It used to have music on it..Now I feel it's just in the way

They did before the shut down and during the start of it. Now that there are more crowds they've moed all of that to the larger waterfront stage. It's a frequently used stage.