Clueless Guests Quotes | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Clueless Guests Quotes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I work as a stilt walker at Margaritaville here in the Falls and the other night I had a funny encounter. A family came into the restaurant and everyone did the usual "hey look! you're tall!, blah, blah, blah" but then I noticed one girl (probably in her late teens) was almost crying. At first I thought she was laughing but it turns out she was quite scared of stilt walkers. She eventually calmed down and I made her a balloon sculpture. I overheard the family then say "See he's a nice stilt walker, not like the mummies that chased you around Disney World!"

I work as a stilt walker at Margaritaville here in the Falls and the other night I had a funny encounter. A family came into the restaurant and everyone did the usual "hey look! you're tall!, blah, blah, blah" but then I noticed one girl (probably in her late teens) was almost crying. At first I thought she was laughing but it turns out she was quite scared of stilt walkers. She eventually calmed down and I made her a balloon sculpture. I overheard the family then say "See he's a nice stilt walker, not like the mummies that chased you around Disney World!"

I read the beginning threw the middle of the post thinking "how nice" but at the very end.... :faint:

If this happened I might go to WDW more often....

Man, did I hear a few doozies the past couple of days.

As bubbles are flying thru the air in SeaWorld before Reflections, mother says to son, "Look, fireflies!"

In Small World, in the room full of good-byes. "What's dasvidaniya mean?"

Earlier in the ride, same fellow as we travel room-to room:

As we enter the Asian-Pacific-Australian room, "Why is Africa in the ride twice?"

In the final room, "What country is this, it's all white, and the people are all different colors?"

You guys should head over to trip advisor, some of the "experts" are clueless. For example a person asked whats new about wwohp and they said its just 2 rides being re-themed and nothing else & proceded to slam uor for a uncreative expansion :bang:

The 3 o'clock parade question may not be clueless as the parades do pass different areas of the park at slightly different times. I know that in the Magic Kingdom a 3 o'clock parade that starts on Main Street may not arrive at Splash Mountain until 3:30.

I was at Epcot getting a coke from one of the carts in front of the figment building... in front of the inverted waterfall thingy. An older man, with children, probably a grandfather came up and asked the vendor where the Dr. Seuss ride was. The young vendor looked clueless and speechless and I quickly assumed he didn't come from a situation that would afford him access to all central Florida attractions. So I spoke up and said, "Dr. Seuss is at Universal Studios Theme Park". The older guy said, "No, it is here!" I said, "Do you mean Nemo?" He said "NO, Dr. Seuss". I said "Sir, that is located at a different theme park here in Orlando... it is at Universal Studios"... He looked at me like I was dumb and walked off in a huff as if I was clueless and his campaign to find the Dr. Seuss ride at Epcot appeared to continue. Ya try to help and this is what you get.

Last edited:
I hear people looking for the a ride a the wrong park all the time. I don't understand how people spend so much money to visit the theme parks and don't perform any research prior to arrival.
I was waiting for my daughter to put our stuff in a locker Saturday and stood by the entrance to single rider line. In a span of 5 minutes, no less than 10 people ask the attendant if MIB was a roller coaster :inquisitive:

I was at Epcot getting a coke from one of the carts in front of the figment building... in front of the inverted waterfall thingy. An older man, with children, probably a grandfather came up and asked the vendor where the Dr. Seuss ride was. The young vendor looked clueless and speechless and I quickly assumed he didn't come from a situation that would afford him access to all central Florida attractions. So I spoke up and said, "Dr. Seuss is at Universal Studios Theme Park". The older guy said, "No, it is here!" I said, "Do you mean Nemo?" He said "NO, Dr. Seuss". I said "Sir, that is located at a different theme park here in Orlando... it is at Universal Studios"... He looked at me like I was dumb and walked off in a huff as if I was clueless and his campaign to find the Dr. Seuss ride at Epcot appeared to continue. Ya try to help and this is what you get.

Well, I will be at Seaworld trying to find Kumba. You know they are both blue.

Good story and you did the right thing trying to help. Saddly, some people aren't the brightest things with it comes to attraction locations. :lol:

"what time is the three o clock parade" I heard this today at mk. Serious?! The cast member smiled and said two mins before three. Lol.

^Which reminds me... Saw this shirt today at Hollywood Studios...it made me crack up while a family beside me stood there clueless.
071411181332.jpg

At universal me and my friend were walking through the mummy queue and when we got to the part where it says Hot set with the red light, this group of people were like "we went the wrong way, we can't go back here they're filming! We'll get kicked out!" Then they turn around and say "everyone turn around we went the wrong way." and they left! same with a group of people behind me. :rofl: I guess they didn't understand the parks theme. :lol:

Last edited:
Not a real quote but I would laugh my butt off if I heard this:

Inside Tower of Terror's Main Lobby: "Man the maintenance crew on this ride sucks! They really need to clean this place."

-Goes on pointing at cobwebs.

wow. I've spent way to much time away from this thread. I hear crap like this all the time at work and I don't even work at the parks! I work at restaurant conveniently located on the side of town that all the idiots live on. I've created a new little webcomic based on it link and after reading this thread I totally need to one for this stuff too.

At universal me and my friend were walking through the mummy queue and when we got to the part where it says Hot set with the red light, this group of people were like "we went the wrong way, we can't go back here they're filming! We'll get kicked out!" Then they turn around and say "everyone turn around we went the wrong way." and they left! same with a group of people behind me. :rofl: I guess they didn't understand the parks theme. :lol:

:rofl: I love it!