CommuniCore Hall & Epcot Plaza Gardens | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

CommuniCore Hall & Epcot Plaza Gardens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Epcot on the 5th is going to be a nightmare lol

Luminous, Hub gardens, and the fact that all APs no longer require reservation after 2PM and Pixie Dust Pass is not blocked.
The after-work rush on the parking lot will be rough but the park can hold an obscene number of people.

Will be interesting to see if they use virtual queue for people wanting to take their picture next to Walt sitting on the can.

• Haha
Reactions: Skold
I just saw the Walt on the toilet statue made the noon news here in Orlando-- looked like they did a dedication ceremony today.

Very nice. Still would have liked a fountain or a water feature in there but this looks great nonetheless. The amount of time it took to build this? Not so much but that's a different discussion.

Reactions: belloq87
This is exactly what EPCOT’s ‘future world’ area needed. A green oasis at its heart. The front of the park finally has a place you just want to hangout in. Even the new music blends beautifully with the space. I consider this a big win.
Also, after walking around and looking at all the lighting systems this area has it is going to be spectacular at night.

Last edited:
I'm not as impressed by a huge area with nothing to do but look at planters. Almost 5 years for a couple planters, and some trees.

The music is no Innoventions loop (possibly the greatest area loop of all time)... but it sounds really good. Feels like what music for classic Epcot could sound like today.

I'm not as impressed by a huge area with nothing to do but look at planters. Almost 5 years for a couple planters, and some trees.
Setting aside the totally absurd length of time it took, this is exactly what the center of the park needed, aesthetically. There was never any real possibility of a substantial attraction taking over that space, so I don't mind a very scenic (and hopefully quite atmospheric at night) hangout area.

Setting aside the totally absurd length of time it took, this is exactly what the center of the park needed, aesthetically. There was never any real possibility of a substantial attraction taking over that space, so I don't mind a very scenic (and hopefully quite atmospheric at night) hangout area.
Especially because, even with its flaws, EPCOT remains one of the best Hang Out Vibes parks out there. That this improves on that is pretty awesome in my book.

It looks great. They really turning that ugly area from before that was ruined by the millennium celebration and made it a nice hang out spot.

Just like the new entrance (which was an upgrade over the grave yard), it’s not something to get overly excited about, but it does make for a better impression and give off better vibes than what these things replaced.

I've listened to a more full version of the new music loop while getting some work done, and I kind of love it. It's really nice to have bespoke, custom music for this area of park that isn't based on Disney songs (which it easily could have been).

Projects like this, the re-done entrance, and the Beacons of Magic shows (and I'd even toss Journey of Water in there) feel like they were done with care, and a mindfulness of what Epcot should be (and how it should be different from other Disney parks).

Shame about Cosmic Rewind!

That jacket that guy is wearing is... something.

Based on Google Maps, it looks like the after-work parking lot rush is indeed a mess.