Console Gaming (General) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand why I can't just reserve a game console online. First people to reserve get the first ones then everyone else gets an estimated delivery date after that. Why is that so hard? Then scalpers wouldn't be as much of a factor. They know their production output. This could easily be done.
To be fair I think next gen and the next version of these consoles wont sell out as fast

Sony wanted to make more systems but because of Covid could not. I do agree retailers should make different ways to pre order, think Sony did fine at least for me because they did send out emails to the most loyal (aka people who spend the most on PSN) to make sure they got the systems and tome thats fair.

Like they know I am going to drop money on PS5 games so made sure those people got one, Microsoft on the other hand did pretty well but retailers for some reason where not ready for the demand on the servers and many did not start pre orders until an hour after the time they were suppose to, so thats on them.

I don't understand why I can't just reserve a game console online. First people to reserve get the first ones then everyone else gets an estimated delivery date after that. Why is that so hard? Then scalpers wouldn't be as much of a factor. They know their production output. This could easily be done.

Isn't that what a pre-order is? Reserving a copy of something for when it's released? I think it was people refreshing constantly that crashed the sites, wouldn't have happened if there was a virtual line.

Isn't that what a pre-order is? Reserving a copy of something for when it's released? I think it was people refreshing constantly that crashed the sites, wouldn't have happened if there was a virtual line.
True but Xbox said more will be there day one and so did Sony....so why not just have pre orders open and the first people get wave one and so on.

Also I agree there should be Q's for this....or to stop bots make it where you have to enter a code to confirm the purchase

No company is going to make enough for demand upon release of such a big product because they have a narrow timeline to bring production up on a new system. They're only going to bring production up in a fashion they will think is sustainable long-term. This means if Sony thinks they are going to sell 1 million PS5 a month average they are going to bank a couple million before the launch date off of only enough factories to do a million per month after that. If sustainable demand is high once the numbers come in like we saw with Nintendo switch they will add supply lines for that. If they lose some money from people buying aftermarket or going to competitors they're okay with that because it's cheaper than shutting down factories after initial demand is done. A big reason the scalpers get in on this with such large numbers to resell is they know this is a slam-dunk profit maker because of the economics of how these companies produce goods and the fact that MSRP is not a thing you can adjust after the fact.

No company is going to make enough for demand upon release of such a big product because they have a narrow timeline to bring production up on a new system. They're only going to bring production up in a fashion they will think is sustainable long-term. This means if Sony thinks they are going to sell 1 million PS5 a month average they are going to bank a couple million before the launch date off of only enough factories to do a million per month after that. If sustainable demand is high once the numbers come in like we saw with Nintendo switch they will add supply lines for that. If they lose some money from people buying aftermarket or going to competitors they're okay with that because it's cheaper than shutting down factories after initial demand is done. A big reason the scalpers get in on this with such large numbers to resell is they know this is a slam-dunk profit maker because of the economics of how these companies produce goods and the fact that MSRP is not a thing you can adjust after the fact.
Wii U and Xbox one say hi

For sure those were easy to get day one. Even Switch which was hard to get after was easily because they had PHYSICAL lines you could go to they would give you a number and told everyone else they would not get one. Online for now is a crap show because they don't have Q's like they should. Sony site did and that worked out pretty well but Microsoft own website crashed...the people who want to host games online for everyone and spent 7.5 billion dollars for some game companies could not even help but crash.

Next gen they will make more because Covid wont be a thing and hoepfuly have better programs to pre order for online stores

Though I will say and maybe its only because im working at home I pre ordered both consoles basically with no issues.

So IGN and other youtubers have put up the first impressions of the new Xbox...and I'm excited i pre ordered one now. Loan times on most games are cut in half and quick resume is going to be very nice for MP games.

I won't have to buy one game and day one I'll have Gears Tactics, Destiny 2 DLC and Doom 2, and then in December Dragon Quest new Game of the year edition will be on gamepass so not too bad for the first few months.
With Zelda on switch and Spiderman on PS5, I also really see no reason to buy any games day one...AC will be on sale by the first of the year for under 30 bucks and will pick it up then

So IGN and other youtubers have put up the first impressions of the new Xbox...and I'm excited i pre ordered one now. Loan times on most games are cut in half and quick resume is going to be very nice for MP games.

I won't have to buy one game and day one I'll have Gears Tactics, Destiny 2 DLC and Doom 2, and then in December Dragon Quest new Game of the year edition will be on gamepass so not too bad for the first few months.
With Zelda on switch and Spiderman on PS5, I also really see no reason to buy any games day one...AC will be on sale by the first of the year for under 30 bucks and will pick it up then
Yeah, I went from saying earlier in this thread I probably wouldn’t go immediately back to Xbox and will start off the generation with PS5 to thinking Xbox Series X is what I want first and maybe I’ll get the PS5 sometime next year. I only wanted it mostly for exclusives, and the only exclusive I’m excited for early on is Miles Morales, which will be playable on PS4.

Reactions: awhen
Yeah, I went from saying earlier in this thread I probably wouldn’t go immediately back to Xbox and will start off the generation with PS5 to thinking Xbox Series X is what I want first and maybe I’ll get the PS5 sometime next year. I only wanted it mostly for exclusives, and the only exclusive I’m excited for early on is Miles Morales, which will be playable on PS4.
I've been saving for years, so lucky enough to be getting both consoles. And really at first didn't know if really needed the Xbox...but after previews and the Zen o Max buy out, I can see me playing my Xbox alot more now with all the improvements and games on gamepass. But both consoles for sure are going to be worth it for the speed alone.
half the loading times or none? count me in

I've been saving for years, so lucky enough to be getting both consoles. And really at first didn't know if really needed the Xbox...but after previews and the Zen o Max buy out, I can see me playing my Xbox alot more now with all the improvements and games on gamepass. But both consoles for sure are going to be worth it for the speed alone.
half the loading times or none? count me in
Oh I’ve been saving as well. It’s not a matter of money for me, it’s a matter of availability and I’m really not sure I’ll be able to secure a Series X or a PS5 before the end of the year unless I luck into finding one in the wild.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Wal-mart just dropped a new batch of in-stock Xbox Series X and I got as far as to clicking pay now before I received this screen (and I did everything as fast as possible, too):
l8XB39Y.png

Defeated once again.

• Sad
Reactions: Tristan and Grabnar
I just got mine off of the truck! I was apparently one of the lucky 8 people that got theirs on launch day from Amazon

Reactions: Nick
I just got mine off of the truck! I was apparently one of the lucky 8 people that got theirs on launch day from Amazon
My daughter in law got one at Walmart for my son in the second drop.. I got mine at Costco at 10:41 today.. The price was 539.99 but includes additional controller.

Reactions: Grabnar