Cowfish | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Cowfish

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got there a few times a year and haven't noticed and significant changes. The only big change I've ever seen was what Joe referred to (the management change).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I've never had a bad experience here. But interesting that Universal took over service. I thought it was them the whole time.

Only restaurant in the new phase of CityWalk venues that I thought was actually noteworthy. Great food, great beer selection, and definitely unique. Left a lot less to be desired than the other new places. Definitely recommend Burgushi!
I had that for the first time last week (7th time to Cowfish though) and OMG...... it was messy but sooo good :)

We eat at least one meal at Cowfish every visit (since it has opened).

I've never had a bad experience. I have sticken to some hillbilly thing As of late, so' early I've sort of stopped experimenting from the menu as of late, but I think I posted pics here once of the hillbilly thing from when I first tried it.

They have adult milkshakes there that I recall enjoying once before an HHN

Reactions: Mad Dog
Sorry for reviving an old thread. Trying to book CowFish here for the 1st October: Zomato Book Reservation

Only allows bookings up until 5.45pm which is a bit early for dinner. Can you not reserve later than 5.45?

Walk-ins only after 6pm. The outside deck usually has little to no wait while the inside part varies. Seeing as there is no HHN on October 1st I can't imagine the wait would be too bad.

Reactions: WAJAS
Maybe it has to do with time of visit? My last few visits have been during lunch on a weekday. I also don't get the burger, opting for sushi instead.
We usually do the same thing as the pricing difference between Cowfish and the standard Quick Service locations are quite minimal.

Sushi/Crab Dip are still goated, but the service has dropped unfortunately.

We try to avoid dinner now as it's become a nightmare.

Any specifics on what is declining?
Overall service. Last week they had multiple tables empty w/ dirty dishes on them. Had a reservation for 9, wasn't seated until 9:45. When I saw all of those empty tables, it just left a poor taste in my mouth. It wasn't until we got our entrees that they finally cleaned up/filled tables with other guests.

Also, having 1 team member at the bottom of the restaurant doing check-in/reservations is also unfair for them and guests. They always seem to have 3-4 team members at the 2nd floor check-in while the bottom TM is left to the masses. Unfortunately leads to that TM being overworked

Was seated on the third floor, for the first time last week. It was fine. Tables were clean. Bathrooms were clean. Great view!

cfbr.JPG

For anyone who has worked this gig, we know that they are spreading out guests in order to meet the current staffing, which is why my hat is off to you.

Also, Mark' s Roll rules.