Coyote Vs. Acme | Inside Universal Forums

Coyote Vs. Acme

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not surprised at all that a James Gunn project is hilarious and getting rave reviews.
The funny thing is, this seems to be more of a Roger situation to where he is more in the shoes of Steven Spielberg as a producer. So-far, it seems like a lot of glowing reception has continued to build and build, and as it stands now; multiple studios are aiming to buy the film.

This includes that of Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Paramount, and Universal; with Amazon as a front runner.

Reactions: belloq87
The funny thing is, this seems to be more of a Roger situation to where he is more in the shoes of Steven Spielberg as a producer. So-far, it seems like a lot of glowing reception has continued to build and build, and as it stands now; multiple studios are aiming to buy the film.

This includes that of Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Paramount, and Universal; with Amazon as a front runner.
It’ll be Amazon, Apple, or Netflix. I doubt WB will do a deal with a fellow legacy studio such as Universal or Paramount.

I hadn't even heard about this film prior to a few days ago but all of the uproar about the cancellation has made me really wanna check it out. Here's hoping everything turns out.

Reactions: belloq87
I know we have bigger issues with this country...but still should be illegal

You made the movie...you either eat the cost or put it out and make what you can....no more of this BS tax crap for not releasing a film

I hope it leaks and gets rave reviews

Zaslav needs to get hit hard with financial struggles. He is not fit for the job he currently has...

Can Universal just buy WB at this point, not that it needs to add to its bloated film catalog, but at least they'll release almost anything (cocaine bear)

Reactions: rageofthegods
Can Universal just buy WB at this point, not that it needs to add to its bloated film catalog, but at least they'll release almost anything (cocaine bear)
This would be the worst case scenario. I'm not happy with how Zaslav is running WB, but more consolidation of giant media companies is bad for everyone.

would be a shame if a cut of the film somehow gets leaked due to all this. Oh what a shame it would be..
Legitimately hoping there's even a possibility for this, Scoob!: Holiday Haunt hasn't leaked out yet either.

System is broken, and no one's coming to fix it. What a fraught time to be a fan of animation.

Legitimately hoping there's even a possibility for this, Scoob!: Holiday Haunt hasn't leaked out yet either.

System is broken, and no one's coming to fix it. What a fraught time to be a fan of animation.
It sucks as Piracy shouldn't be something I preach--but in this rare case; of where we have a situation where a CEO is incompetent, petty, and arrogant to be so headstrong in this; it is incredibly infuriating to see just how screwed up the problem is. Especially as from everything that has been said, has been spoken; has been nothing but good things in regards to this film.

Really hoping when a strike occurs for the Animation guild, that people can make sure that crap like this doesn't happen again.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So tomorrow will likely be the day that Coyote vs. Acme dies. But if it does—it sounds like people have a plan to release the film without WBs consent.

Dunno if it’s allowed in IUForums, but it sounds like it will be leaked if it gets “Killed” tomorrow.

So tomorrow will likely be the day that Coyote vs. Acme dies. But if it does—it sounds like people have a plan to release the film without WBs consent.

Dunno if it’s allowed in IUForums, but it sounds like it will be leaked if it gets “Killed” tomorrow.

I hope the whole file gets put out for pirates and then subsequently uploaded to Twitter in full. This deserves to be seen.

I hope the whole file gets put out for pirates and then subsequently uploaded to Twitter in full. This deserves to be seen.
It’s why I am wanting to ask if it happens, if it’s cool to bring up here. Because yeah—it deserves the chance to be seen regardless of quality.

Plus it is a nice way of giving WBD the finger to help it spread.

I am generally against piracy, but in this case, WB is very literally going to prevent me from giving them money to watch the movie, which I would be more than happy to do.

So yeah... leak the thing. If a studio won't make something available through official channels, I don't have a ton of remorse.