D23 Expo 2024 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if Josh is going to do another round of "what if" Imagineering for attraction concepts at DCA and DHS. Especially that DCA will probably be up first for DL Forward as that will enable them to reroute the monorail beam to expand the park into the current transportation hub. A Hollywoodland revamp is coming long before they touch the parking lots across Disneyland Drive.
They can not do this huckster routine for three years straight.

Reactions: Tobias and alomar
My two cents on some of the things I predict to expect at D23 2024:

With the bigger venue size for the parks panel at D23 2024, part of me thinks and hopes that Disney now realizes that they can't keep beating around the Bush and will have to announce some actual real things for their parks.

First I expect them to spill the beans on DLRs future should DL Forward be approved come August 2024. From there I would expect them to fully confirm what this Avatar experience is coming to DLR along with its location at the resort.

This Expo will also be do or die for the Avengers E ticket as well. If construction does not break ground in 2024 and it is not mentioned at the Expo, it's safe to assume that the Avengers E ticket has once again been sent back to the drawing board and the attention will be put elsewhere for LA2028, presumably Avatar.

Maybe a blue sky concept for what could replace either Animation Courtyard or Indiana Jones/Star Tours at DHS. I also wouldn't be surprised if this is also the first land to go in the Simba lot for DCA's DL Forward plot.

More concrete details on the Encanto and Indy lands at AK as well as the "Beyond Big Thunder" Villains land. On a side note, I would like to see the Villains land be cloned for Disneyland Park's DL Forward plot.

Does any one here think this will light a fire under Disney to make real, concrete announcements for D23 2024? While I do think some things like Encanto will be confirmed for AK, part of me sadly once again thinks this will be another underwhelming D23 in regards to the park announcements with more "what if" bluesky nonsense.

We all want them to ANNOUNCE things but we will see

Test Track art

Are things I assume we will get but beyond that...Disney would have to commit to idea's so who knows....Should DIsney be able to announce what's happening the next 3-5 years at the parks...but Disney seems to have no idea how to go forward

Sad but true. If this is yet another lackluster D23 when it comes to the parks with more of the same nonsense, Disney needs to purge the park leadership team. Better yet do what Nelson Peltz wants to do: purge the board of directors who keep putting money into the studio into over budget productions that under perform at the box office and start putting the money into the parks again.

Sad but true. If this is yet another lackluster D23 when it comes to the parks with more of the same nonsense, Disney needs to purge the park leadership team. Better yet do what Nelson Peltz wants to do: purge the board of directors who keep putting money into the studio into over budget productions that under perform at the box office and start putting the money into the parks again.

Does Nelson Peltz want to put money into parks? I didn't think so, especially since he wants to bring on Jay Rasulo who notoriously slashed costs everywhere. I feel like their attitude is, parks revenue is great! Why change a thing? And that's the absolute wrong attitude to have - parks need investment for sure. I didn't think they were thrilled at the $60B planned commitment Iger & D'Amaro made to global parks.

To that end, I really think this D23 has to be put up or shut up. I've gone to every one since 2013, coming in from the East Coast, and I'm just not as excited for this year's event? Especially when it's so expensive, and I'd have to choose between D23 or going to Florida for HHN/WDW fall fun. Last year I finally convinced my friends to go and the parks panel was so disappointing, besides the Porto's pastries we got.

Does Nelson Peltz want to put money into parks? I didn't think so, especially since he wants to bring on Jay Rasulo who notoriously slashed costs everywhere. I feel like their attitude is, parks revenue is great! Why change a thing? And that's the absolute wrong attitude to have - parks need investment for sure. I didn't think they were thrilled at the $60B planned commitment Iger & D'Amaro made to global parks.
While I'm hesitant to take anything Peltz says at face value, in a recent NBC interview he has explicitly stated he wants a much greater investment in Walt Disney World, and even cited Epic Universe as growing competition with Disney's Parks.

Reactions: TheUniC6
While I'm hesitant to take anything Peltz says at face value, in a recent NBC interview he has explicitly stated he wants a much greater investment in Walt Disney World, and even cited Epic Universe as growing competition with Disney's Parks.
Ahh, interesting. And agreed, also hesitant lol. Thanks!

Does Nelson Peltz want to put money into parks? I didn't think so, especially since he wants to bring on Jay Rasulo who notoriously slashed costs everywhere.
You know you can actually put money into the parks quite easily if you also take money from other parts of the parks.

They can’t do the “maybe” thing again. I mean, they can, but it would be a really poor calculation with their competition opening up a brand new park.

Even the general populace is bound to ask themselves what new Disney has planned after visiting Epic and the answer to that cannot continue to be “nothing”.

Yeah, to echo other's comments, this upcoming Parks and Resorts panel is going to be a rather crucial one. Dare I say, probably one of the most important ones they've done. When you've got Iger and others talking big game about investing into the parks and whatnot, you have to put your money where your mouth is, especially when the last two presentations have been Blue Sky that amounts to nothing. It's been reported that in the last one, you could feel the energy from the audience dissipate the moment it turned into Blue Sky, and it could be even worse if it happens a third time.

What they need to do is announce stuff and provide dates, even if it's just a year. No more Blue Sky B.S., give people something to actually look forward to rather than a "[Insert IP] Maybe?...".

Yeah, to echo other's comments, this upcoming Parks and Resorts panel is going to be a rather crucial one. Dare I say, probably one of the most important ones they've done. When you've got Iger and others talking big game about investing into the parks and whatnot, you have to put your money where your mouth is, especially when the last two presentations have been Blue Sky that amounts to nothing. It's been reported that in the last one, you could feel the energy from the audience dissipate the moment it turned into Blue Sky, and it could be even worse if it happens a third time.

What they need to do is announce stuff and provide dates, even if it's just a year. No more Blue Sky B.S., give people something to actually look forward to rather than a "[Insert IP] Maybe?...".
On one of OG55's somewhat recent live Q&A, he mentioned that a friend of the channel got to meet Josh and she flat out asked him if any real concrete things were going to be announced at D23 2024. He responded by saying it would once again be a mix of "what if" and real concrete announcements.

The only real things that I can think at this point in time will be announced for WDW will be that Encanto land for AK and since Disneyland Forward will have been approved come August, Avatar for DCA.

At this point in time I have given up and don't expect them to commit to an actual timeframe on the Avengers E ticket. If we're lucky it might get a brief mention.

Last edited:
He responded by saying it would once again be a mix of "what if" and real concrete announcements.
I'm choosing to believe he's talking about the usual kind of teasing such as the Avengers Campus tease at D23 Expo 2017 or the Epcot tease at D23 Expo 2017, which indicated future plans but didn't make them the focus of the event...

Because if they're going to center a large portion of their presentation around what-ifs again, nearly 7 years after we've had a substantive D23 Parks presentation, then they've completely lost touch.

I'm choosing to believe he's talking about the usual kind of teasing such as the Avengers Campus tease at D23 Expo 2017 or the Epcot tease at D23 Expo 2017, which indicated future plans but didn't make them the focus of the event...

Because if they're going to center a large portion of their presentation around what-ifs again, nearly 7 years after we've had a substantive D23 Parks presentation, then they've completely lost touch.
Fingers crossed you're right.

Joe Rhode will be at the Disney Legends panel, as well as James L. Brooks, who Disney is trying to court so that he might sign off on another Simpsons movie.

GJC7p0YbsAEiUzi.jpgGJC6VjXaMAANijo.jpg

Reactions: belloq87
Hmm, reserved seating at the Honda Center for the Entertainment Panel plus full day access to the Convention Center sounds like a pretty hard deal to pass up at just $99.

EDIT: Although I'm not really sure what the incentive is buy reserved tickets for the Parks and Legends panels when the full broadcast for those two events is going to be livestreamed.

EDIT 2: Maybe I'm going to D23 this year, I would pay $250 just to see 10 minutes of Avatar 3 footage, and you're telling me I could see it for $99 without having to sleep on a concrete floor overnight? What a steal!

Last edited: