Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
season 3 no GIF by Mozart In The Jungle
You don't need to kick me when I'm down, Brian!

He’s my favorite of the three. For sure.
Like at first, I thought similar to Belloq but pondering it more and more, and it feels like a middle ground of sorts. Of the Fortnite collab, and of HHN.

It tries to be its own thing, which I think is critical for the identity of the land. Same goes with Frankensteins Monster (who is my favorite) and The Wolfmans designs.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
I'm 50/50 on Darth Dracula. Maybe it's because I was expecting something along the lines of a cape or cloak instead of a suit?

I get the uniqueness argument however I thought a cape was one of those key aspects to the character.

I'm 50/50 on Darth Dracula. Maybe it's because I was expecting something along the lines of a cape or cloak instead of a suit?

I get the uniqueness argument however I thought a cape was one of those key aspects to the character.
Yeah I think this is it. He just needs a cape and a collar, then he'll look right. Right now he looks like he's in a 60s Italian Star Trek ripoff.

Otherwise, loving it.

You're never happy man.
That is fundamentally not true. It's bad form to have to keep telling people to go read my trip report from back in September, where I had lots of good things to say about my experience at USH... but it exists. Or go check out what I had to say about Skull Island or Hagrid's or Bourne after my first times on them.

And look, nobody here is as big a fan of the Classic Monsters as me, and I say that with confidence. This was the land I was most looking forward to. The Classic Monsters films are more personally important to me than any of the other IPs in the park. I’ve wanted to see those characters used in a ride or land since I was a kid. I have strong opinions.

All I wanted was a land that was treated with the same level of fidelity to the source material as the other three IP lands in this park are being treated.

In all seriousness, I get why the want to go with updated looks, and I do like them. I'm just really, really pumped that we're actually getting a Universal Monsters land. It's going to be incredible.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
If you were to show me this without any context...
Drac.png

...I would have absolutely no idea who this is supposed to be. This is Great Value Dracula, generic and off-brand, and he's terrible.

I wonder how much of this is because Universal didn't want to pay the Karloff and Lugosi estates.
I can totally understand the outfit complaint but otherwise - I think we're grasping at straws here.
And look, nobody here is as big a fan of the Classic Monsters as me, and I say that with confidence. This was the land I was most looking forward to. The Classic Monsters films are more personally important to me than any of the other IPs in the park. I’ve wanted to see those characters used in a ride or land since I was a kid. I have strong opinions.
Maybe so - But I can ultimately say with confidence that you aren't as big a fan as some of the people working on the land.
All I wanted was a land that was treated with the same level of fidelity to the source material as the other three IP lands in this park are being treated.

And it is.

This is the land I'm most excited for but that Dracula is terrible. More specifically it's terrible for Universal to use; this is the off-brand Dracula who would pop up in a Netflix show or at Six Flags, but Universal owns the iconic looks for these characters so why on earth wouldn't you use them?!