Disney Acquiring Lucasfilm | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Acquiring Lucasfilm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WETA really gives them a run for their money with what they did for LOTR, King Kong, Avatar, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. So they could always use WETA.

WETA is great, but they are still no ILM.

Either way, WETA can't do every movie. :lol:

I go away for one afternoon of class and the universe (and extended universe giggity) explodes! This is INSANITY. Lucas really is going to go fiddle in his garage after all. Good. He needs to reboot himself and get a sense of a non-marketing, non-center of the universe. Let's see what others do with the franchise.

WETA really gives them a run for their money with what they did for LOTR, King Kong, Avatar, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. So they could always use WETA.

I just hope the new Star Wars films don't use greenscreen studios and tons of CGI.

Also it would be great if they released the original trilogy unaltered on Blu-ray.

WETA is great... but they can't touch ILM. Their best work, Avatar, had to be done in coordination with many other companies including ILM in order to get it done on time.

So now that Disney is just throwing money around hpw about they pay their employees more and seriously upgrade the monorail system at WDW : thumbs: I piloted those things for a year from 2006 until.2007...those trains are in horrible shape. Maybe Disney should improve their infrastructure before they start throwing hundreds of millions at another Star Wars movie. :cheers:

As much as I disagree with the way Iger has ran the company, he just added another huge notch to his belt. Pixar, Marvel, the best effects company in the business, the future of one of the biggest franchises in history, and an in-house animation system seemingly finally ready to knock out a few good films a row....it's going to be hard to really look down on him once he steps down.

As much as I disagree with the way Iger has ran the company, he just added another huge notch to his belt. Pixar, Marvel, the best effects company in the business, the future of one of the biggest franchises in history, and an in-house animation system seemingly finally ready to knock out a few good films a row....it's going to be hard to really look down on him once he steps down.

At the same time, he's single handedly killed the tradition of Disney innovation and storytelling.

Eh. I disagree there. Disney was no where near as strong then, but it was far from dying.

It was without a doubt stronger than dying on the outside. I just think the seeds of this de-revolution were planted long before Iger took charge. Did he speed up the process? Yeah probably. But there's still something there. We've seen flashes of the brilliance they're capable of. If the right person takes over, I think what Iger has done can be used to turn the company back into an all around powerhouse.

To the film gods, please Joss Whedon Star Wars! :pray:

That would be great but Episode VII is to be release 2015 the same year as Avengers 2 also directed by Whedon. It is not impossible for him to direct both but it would be very difficult and hence unlikely given how big the production size of both of these film would be. As a producer, I could see it.

So 2015 huh, I assume the story is actually written right?

Here is how I see it,

Shanghai and Tokyo get Star Wars Land the largest expansion projects in Disney history!
Hong Kong and Paris both get an Eticket to incorporate into Tomorrowland!
Disneyland gets a third gate, The Movie Studio with Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, and classic Disney
The WDW Resort gets an Omnimover, a frozen orange slush, and seventeen new meet and greets all with Fast Pass.

Crack a smile you know you want to :lol: