Disney AP changes | Inside Universal Forums

Disney AP changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hockeyman55

V.I.P. Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Hearing some rumors on Twitter from Denise at Mousesteps about some rumored changes to the WDW Premium AP passes. For starters the 20% discount on merchandise will be dropped down to 10% and then also a rumor I heard about them giving the AP holders 20 Fastpasses per quarter. Not sure how true this all is but im sure we will hear about it fairly soon with the New year right around the corner.

I saw this too. I think it's crap they're taking away the 20% discount. Disney can't possibly be losing very much money from this.

Also, I find the whole 20 fastpasses to be rather silly. It may be kinda nice, but most AP (like myself) go so often that having those won't really benefit me much. Rather than coming up with crap, how about including one free night at Mickey's Not so Scary or Christmas event. Would make me feel better about renewing.

It's like they really could care less about the AP holders. We get hardly any discounts on food unless we pay for TIW (which is going up also) and now they want to cut the discount for merchandise. That 20% was one of the reason I would even consider buying anything and now the little I did buy to begin will just be less.

I was considering going up to the platinum pass from the WDW 4 parks FLA pass, nope not anymore seeing I rarely visit water parks (I already get adventure island and aquatics with my SeaWorld platinum) and Disney quest is also a rarity... I do enough shopping for my parents but I guess that will cut back as well...

It's like they really could care less about the AP holders. We get hardly any discounts on food unless we pay for TIW (which is going up also) and now they want to cut the discount for merchandise. That 20% was one of the reason I would even consider buying anything and now the little I did buy to begin will just be less.

Cast members get 40% around Christmas so I usually don't buy anything with my AP anyway simply because I have some cast member friends. It's just really frustrating to see AP holders get treated this way.

Im up for renewal at the end of Feb so depending on what else changes I may downgrade my premium AP. I like being able to go to the water parks and DQ when we are up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Cast members get 40% around Christmas so I usually don't buy anything with my AP anyway simply because I have some cast member friends. It's just really frustrating to see AP holders get treated this way.

Now that's the way to do it :lol: