Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Enchantment

As a huge fan of HEA, consider me quite disappointed. Like, it was really bad. Where were the fireworks? The show seems to skimp on projections the villain segment was the worst by far in any Disney fireworks show, etc, etc. You Are The Magic is okay, but was a bit overly theatrical sounding for my tastes. I think I will like it, but I just loved Happily Ever After so much.

Last edited:
Ok. Far less to complain about tonight then last night.

Original song? Check
Narration to move story along? Check
An actual narrative? Check

You are the Magic is ok. I’m sure it will grow on me. Right now I don’t think it stacks up against HEA or the song for Disneyland forever.

Overall I think it falls short of HEA but after last night I’m just happy it wasn’t god awful.

But. I do hope HEA returns after the 50th.

As a small note, it appears from external groups; the footage appears to be kind of screwed up from Disney's direct source, so do keep that in mind.

Though to say my own piece; as I've been letting it stew, Enchantment feels like a much more mellow approach with the same beats as Wishes and HEA. But at that instance...it doesn't work? The mellowness does not jive well with the visuals, especially throughout Main Street, the reliance of Moana's a weird choice; alongside that of the way the music both vocally and instrumentally was off. Basset was good, she usually doesn't miss so I don't mind her in, but it feels extremely off. MIght even be as off and albeit bad as WOC - Celebrate.

Have to think like DLForever, this won't last long; but it feels cheap enough to where I could almost see it staying.

Though to say my own piece; as I've been letting it stew, Enchantment feels like a much more mellow approach with the same beats as Wishes and HEA. But at that instance...it doesn't work? The mellowness does not jive well with the visuals, especially throughout Main Street, the reliance of Moana's a weird choice; alongside that of the way the music both vocally and instrumentally was off. Basset was good, she usually doesn't miss so I don't mind her in, but it feels extremely off. MIght even be as off and albeit bad as WOC - Celebrate.
Exactly. I feel the big, bombastic approach that HEA took with combining the projections and narration (and even Wishes had throughout) is a much more preferred approach to an MK fireworks show. I do hope this show only lasts the 18 months, but i'm not confident that that will happen. HEA can easily be brought back with a few new segments replacing some older ones to include some new music, and then it could be promoted as a new show. Something like "Happily Ever After: The Story Comes Alive" (you get what I mean, give it a subtitle).

Last edited:
After rewatching I do think there's a bit more to this show than I thought--but I do sincerely think the tone of the show, does not suit the 50th.

I will say now with rewatches in mind, my favorite bit is the Mary Blair like sequence of animation they specifically made, with Alice, The Hatter, and the March Hare. That crap is cute, and I will buy merch of it from artwork if I have too for that.

Both of these shows for the 50th makes it more frustrating. There’s a real disconnect.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they couldn't just keep HEA and add a 50th tag.
I think they felt like they had to have *something new* for the start of the 50th since the electrical parade got cancelled. So instead of getting an electrical parade and maybe a 50th tag to HEA (as I heard a few years ago this was the plan because of how popular HEA is/was), we got no parade and a fireworks downgrade.

Happy 50th...

I think they felt like they had to have *something new* for the start of the 50th since the electrical parade got cancelled. So instead of getting an electrical parade and maybe a 50th tag to HEA (as I heard a few years ago this was the plan because of how popular HEA is/was), we got no parade and a fireworks downgrade.

Happy 50th...

Technically, a new end portion would have been something new lol. Either way, I personally would've let Epcot have the new show since it was Illuminations time to go and let HEA keep on keeping on. "50 Years of Happily Ever Afters" and whatnot.

Technically, a new end portion would have been something new lol. Either way, I personally would've let Epcot have the new show since it was Illuminations time to go and let HEA keep on keeping on. "50 Years of Happily Ever Afters" and whatnot.
Being fair to Enchantment, I think it would've been really, really hard for them to match the quality of HEA. But that's just another reason it shouldn't have been replaced yet. I'm all for updating shows more often, but wayyyyyyyy before HEA got replaced, Fantasmic! should've been a priority given it's age.

I assume it was because the live video, but I couldn’t really see most of the projections.
I'm still going to give this a second chance when I see it on Tuesday, but I kinda felt the projections were a bit lacking. Like... it was just minimal in the amount compared to HEA.

I will give this a chance. Some people hated HEA when it first debut too. Wishes was still the best IMO. This should grow on people, hopefully.

When HEA replaced Wishes there was some complaining because it was a different style (with the focus on projections), but then once people had some time to step back I think that most realized it was actually a really good show.

This situation is different, because it feels like other than the addition of main street projections they basically remade HEA with 2021 IPs while making the overall product worse. I don't see anything that stands out as better than HEA, and I think that the original music, in particular, is substantial step backward. It's pretty much Happily Ever After: Now 20% Worse.

Meanwhile Harmonious is taking fire both because "it's different" (relative to ROE) and because it's not clear that's actually a good enough clip show to justify the barges.

I mean, reactions on here were incredibly positive for HEA immediately. I wouldn't really compare the two to try to raise your hopes for this aging well :lol: