Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

I give Disney a BIG thumbs up :thumbsup: for putting this system in. It was like a fun attraction in itself, but most important, it's a HUGE transportation upgrade. If you're staying at any of the three Sky resorts, it greatly cuts down on transportation time to DHS & Epcot, and makes it super easy to return to your hotel room for a mid day break, and also enhances park hopping. It gives those resorts a kind of Universal feel for easy and quick access to the two parks on the line. The trip from getting in line at Arts of Animation to departing at DHS (and that includes a stopover to switch over at Caribbean Beach line) is a short 15 minutes. Epcot ends up apx. 22 minutes. The trip from Caribbean Beach would be about half those times. There never was a line at the stations, except for park closing when the masses were leaving the parks. And even then, with those huge crowds, our wait in line was less than ten minutes. I can't overstate how excellent this system is. Damn, so much better than waiting for a bus, or driving your own car to the parks.

Copy and Paste of my Post from Magic:

This was an issue with the Wheelchair spur; completely different than what caused the first crash unlike what some outlets are reporting.

And shattered glass would be the result of the opened vents colliding.

Copy and Paste of my Post from Magic:

This was an issue with the Wheelchair spur; completely different than what caused the first crash unlike what some outlets are reporting.

And shattered glass would be the result of the opened vents colliding.
Wheelchair spur and not taking up when it merges with the main line?

I don't think there would have been any way to hide/minimize that in the World Showcase skyline, so they made the right choice. It's as unobtrusive as it could be where it is.