Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

It'll be about 2 years after initially announced by the time DQ closes. I wonder if the NBA was trying to get the rent down since it's obvious that DQ is struggling and Disney doesn't want it.

Why is it hard that they can't just simply have something Ala' of NBCGB but with the ESPN? I mean, for gods sake; if they want to go to a sports market, they could've went for the easiest to do that would've encompased the entire sports market and that it would've made a hell of a lot more sense than going off of one IP.

We aren't in the early 2000's anymore, and going back to what Uni did with Nascar and NBA isn't a good idea at all.

Still confused why Disney hasn't turned this into an ESPN Zone or something yet.

Why is it hard that they can't just simply have something Ala' of NBCGB but with the ESPN?

Considering the financial woes ESPN is in, I'm not sure Disney would want to replace anything with a ESPN Zone right now. Sure they want some sort of brand, but not one that's on shakey ground at the moment.

Why is it hard that they can't just simply have something Ala' of NBCGB but with the ESPN? I mean, for gods sake; if they want to go to a sports market, they could've went for the easiest to do that would've encompased the entire sports market and that it would've made a hell of a lot more sense than going off of one IP.

We aren't in the early 2000's anymore, and going back to what Uni did with Nascar and NBA isn't a good idea at all.
Disney does not want to manage, they want to collect rent.

It sounds interesting.

The NBA Experience will be a basketball-themed experience featuring hands-on activities that put guests of all ages right in the middle of NBA game action. There will be immersive NBA video productions and numerous interactive experiences, as well as a restaurant and a retail store, Disney said.

I certainly won't go here for a sitdown meal, but I can easily see myself hanging out on the 3rd deck at the bar... they made the design aspects of this feel like a modern, sleek (and classy) cruise ship.

Paddlefish_Full_29553.jpg

Great views from the top, too:

Paddlefish_Full_29558.jpg