Disney+ | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think it really matters how easy it is. Disney is controlling with all of its assets and just seems to have nothing but contempt for consumers. You will subscribe to Disney+ and you will watch what they want you to watch.

They didn't buy Fox just to sit on almost that entire library, though.

They didn't buy Fox just to sit on almost that entire library, though.
They are adding a lot of the Fox content to Disney+. Just this week, X-Mex (2000) and The Peanuts Movie got added. The Greatest Showman is being added next week. Last month, other X-Men movies were added.

It’s happening slowly as they get streaming rights back from HBO.

Reactions: SeventyOne
They are adding a lot of the Fox content to Disney+. Just this week, X-Mex (2000) and The Peanuts Movie got added. The Greatest Showman is being added next week. Last month, other X-Men movies were added.

It’s happening slowly as they get streaming rights back from HBO.

Sure, but that's mostly new(ish) stuff.

There's 80+ years of 20th Century Fox films that are never going to end up on Disney+, but that labels like Criterion, Kino, Arrow, and Shout/Scream Factory would be more than happy to release on physical media (and cut Disney in). Disney gets money for doing nothing with assets that aren't going to drive people to Disney+ (because those assets won't be on there).

I'm not saying I think they'll start licensing out for certain, but I am saying it doesn't make sense for them not to (unless they have other plans for the Fox library besides keeping all the titles in the vault forever).

Reactions: SpyderDan
Sure, but that's mostly new(ish) stuff.

There's 80+ years of 20th Century Fox films that are never going to end up on Disney+, but that labels like Criterion, Kino, Arrow, and Shout/Scream Factory would be more than happy to release on physical media (and cut Disney in). Disney gets money for doing nothing with assets that aren't going to drive people to Disney+ (because those assets won't be on there).

I'm not saying I think they'll start licensing out for certain, but I am saying it doesn't make sense for them not to (unless they have other plans for the Fox library besides keeping all the titles in the vault forever).
There’s a reason Fox goes to HBO for streaming. Their content fits HBO and Disney make money off of it easily. You can also find quite a bit of Fox stuff on Amazon and Netflix with licensing deals and some stuff on Hulu.

Disney does make quite a bit doing not much of anything from Fox.

Reactions: SeventyOne
But they could make even more by letting other companies continue to produce physical media!

It would just be a real shame if movies like THE ABYSS, TRUE LIES, the original PLANET OF THE APES series, THE FRENCH CONNECTION, THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, ALIENS, DIE HARD 2, DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE, SPEED, PATTON, and many more never got representation on the 4K format. THE ABYSS and TRUE LIES are even still waiting for proper Blu-ray releases!

Those are all titles that would be guaranteed sellers.

Reactions: Tbad556
The Magic of the Disney's Animal Kingdom 8-episode docuseries has 9/25 release date.

They're calling it "Premiere Access"

Last edited:
You wonder how much they could have made if they charged for Hamilton. More than what Mulan will make would be my bet.
I know I would've paid for Hamilton. I'm not paying for Mulan. I'll wait until it's free with the service in like 3-4 months or so. And if they withhold it longer, i'll live. :lol:

So Disney seems to have completely edited out Jeffrey Tambor of existence from this trailer at the very least. He's listed as second billing on Wikipedia, but the movie isn't up yet on Disney+ for me to even see who is credited. I wonder if it was possible to completely edit him out of the film completely or they are just trying to bury this thing and move on. Based on his role, it seems like it would be impossible to edit him out.

Last edited:
I know I would've paid for Hamilton. I'm not paying for Mulan. I'll wait until it's free with the service in like 3-4 months or so. And if they withhold it longer, i'll live. :lol:

So Disney seems to have completely edited out Jeffrey Tambor of existence from this trailer at the very least. He's listed as second billing on Wikipedia, but the movie isn't up yet on Disney+ for me to even see who is credited. I wonder if it was possible to completely edit him out of the film completely or they are just trying to bury this thing and move on. Based on his role, it seems like it would be impossible to edit him out.

Why would they cut out Tambor?

The animal Kingdom Show sounds great.

I'm up for them having a new show about the different Disney Parks/Cruises every few months for sure

Reactions: Grabnar
Take it for what it is--but Grace Randolph on Beyond the Trailer is reporting that Disney will be adding a section for adult content to the service, that'd require users to use a Pin to access it.

Also tonight--from multiple outlets, it seems like we'll be getting the first look at Mandalorian Season 2 during the NBA Playoffs.