Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DisneyForward Expansion Project

They have had long enough to prepare for this. They really need diggers in the ground for SOMETHING by the end of 2024, and not just for a new gift shop.

If Disney doesn’t start construction on something by the end of this year, then I can guarantee they’re not going to have anything open in time for the LA Olympics…which blows my mind considering that all the other West Coast parks are investing heavily to make their parks shine by then. They better get started.

And when all the west coast parks are done with their investment ... they'll still be competing for the second best theme park in the region. There's absolutely stuff I'd love to see happen at the Disneyland Resort, but it's not exactly on life support.
I don't disagree....but if you have literally nothing to offer when Knott's, USH, and Sea World all have new stuff...I *don't* think as many people are going to hurry down to DLR, especially when there will be nothing new except higher prices during the time from now to the Olypmpics.

Not saying Disney will be in trouble, but I could see their attendance taking a hit. They have to have something new.

I don't disagree....but if you have literally nothing to offer when Knott's, USH, and Sea World all have new stuff...I think as many people are going to hurry down to DLR, especially when there will be nothing new except higher prices during the time from now to the Olypmpics.

Not saying Disney will be in trouble, but I could see their attendance taking a hit. They have to have something new.
What’s on offer is definitely helpful for return visitors and locals. Maybe they view it as international visitors may simply come to Disneyland because it’s Disneyland? Not saying I agree, but I think Jake is onto something.

I don't disagree....but if you have literally nothing to offer when Knott's, USH, and Sea World all have new stuff...I *don't* think as many people are going to hurry down to DLR, especially when there will be nothing new except higher prices during the time from now to the Olypmpics.
I absolutely agree that more guests would visit the resort if there was a new, shiny thing on offer. What I assume Disney is banking on is that the additional visitors wouldn't offset the additional cost.

International guests are going to prioritize Disneyland and Universal Studios (that's what they do now). I think the SoCal parks need to get their operations in order more than they need to find something to advertise as "new" to thousands of visitors for whom everything at the park is "new" to them.

But, we'll see!