Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DisneyForward Expansion Project

a rising tide lifts all boats

Part of the Reason I want Disneyland to get this new gate/shopping area is to Push other theme parks to try more and work on bigger projects.

While I know it won't happen..the golf course next to Universal is such a waste of space...for sure they could build something in similar size to what Disney wants to do. Give us a nice new hotel, Zeldaland, Monstersland and maybe a mix of Dreamworks IPs along with the Train from Potter connecting the two "parks"

Genuinely, I think if Anaheim approves of Disneyland's zoning changes; Universal will build a second gate in their backlot. If at the very least, the side closest to the Curious George/ET Parking.

Genuinely, I think if Anaheim approves of Disneyland's zoning changes; Universal will build a second gate in their backlot. If at the very least, the side closest to the Curious George/ET Parking.
I hope they do, a mix of stuff from over in Florida with another Nintendo IP think would be very popular.

I hope also residents of the area just understand were they live now, these are theme park towns and if you don't like that it might be a great time to move out of state to a quieter park of the world but think the demand for the parks are going up and in my mind its the greater good to get as many new jobs and tax dollars as you can for the state/city.

I hope they do, a mix of stuff from over in Florida with another Nintendo IP think would be very popular.

I hope also residents of the area just understand were they live now, these are theme park towns and if you don't like that it might be a great time to move out of state to a quieter park of the world but think the demand for the parks are going up and in my mind its the greater good to get as many new jobs and tax dollars as you can for the state/city.

Los Angeles isn't a theme park town.

That distinction can be more properly asserted to Anaheim and Buena Park, for the sake of how much Knotts and Disneyland Resort bring to those areas. This time, Disneyland has more of a reason to actually succeed this time; on a political front especially.

Los Angeles isn't a theme park town.

That distinction can be more properly asserted to Anaheim and Buena Park, for the sake of how much Knotts and Disneyland Resort bring to those areas. This time, Disneyland has more of a reason to actually succeed this time; on a political front especially.
I mean true but its a choice.

Example I grew up in Thousand Oaks....nice place but boring. Amgen literally made demands and got the town to add more things to do (thank god) and some more living area's.
So basically Universal City is making the choice to not push for Universal to become a resort...why? Most likely the people who live near it but ironically the taxes and jobs from a new theme park....more shopping...construction and getting more people staying in hotels near it would make their city cleaner and safer but....some people just don't want give up anything more to them.

(from all the books I read and seen how the City of Anaheim has changed its been for the better the more taxes Disneyland brings in to the area...hell compare it to the area near Knotts...Disney area is very clean and has a nice look to it)

I mean true but its a choice.

Example I grew up in Thousand Oaks....nice place but boring. Amgen literally made demands and got the town to add more things to do (thank god) and some more living area's.
So basically Universal City is making the choice to not push for Universal to become a resort...why? Most likely the people who live near it but ironically the taxes and jobs from a new theme park....more shopping...construction and getting more people staying in hotels near it would make their city cleaner and safer but....some people just don't want give up anything more to them.

(from all the books I read and seen how the City of Anaheim has changed its been for the better the more taxes Disneyland brings in to the area...hell compare it to the area near Knotts...Disney area is very clean and has a nice look to it)
Where are the stats that show adding a theme park and more hotels and tourists make their area, without all that now, more safe? There’s no correlation between those, it’s not that crime will rise, they just simply don’t correlate.

Interesting this announcement happened after rumors of addressing Fantasyland have died out. I wonder if they’re going to have the rides that they would’ve put in Fantasyland be in this plot?

Interesting this announcement happened after rumors of addressing Fantasyland have died out. I wonder if they’re going to have the rides that they would’ve put in Fantasyland be in this plot?
I don’t think anybody, including Disney, has any idea what’s going to be put in that land. They just see an opportunity to get the zoning laws changed so they can have flexibility in the future.

I do wonder about the use of Fantasy Springs in contextual elements. Same goes for Wakanda.

While I assume the end result will differ; it continues to show WDI's interests in atleast those IP's. Especially in Wakanda; after this, BPII, and the D+ Wakanda series that is officially in development.

Addressing Fantasyland was replaced in the near to mid term by Runaway Railway.

Where are the stats that show adding a theme park and more hotels and tourists make their area, without all that now, more safe? There’s no correlation between those, it’s not that crime will rise, they just simply don’t correlate.
As someone who grew up going to the parks as the years have gone on the area aroudn the park has just gotten nice and cleaner. I'm not saying it stops all crime but for sure the area around the parks is beautiful and pretty safe for how crowd it gets...rather walk there then in most parts of LA/Hollywood or the Valley at night.

The basic idea is this is good for the City and once again will hopefully push other parks to do more than the minimum. I mean maybe Universal will be like a third park and more shopping....guess we can't do that so here is another ride/show rethemed from something you have ridden before..lol

But in general see this as a win for pretty much everyone...Disney makes more money, there are more jobs both from construction jobs now and in the future because Disney making more/along with having more land to add rides to will just keep seeing more and more added and hell if this goes well in 20ish years maybe a 4th park/area. More taxes for CA and the town, more people having a reason to travel to the state, more reasons for other parks to want to add more and better thing, and more jobs overall for the state.

Addressing Fantasyland was replaced in the near to mid term by Runaway Railway.
To be fair Fantasyland for the past 6 years has been under going lots of changes...Dumbo got a better Q...Alice/Pan/Snow/Small World/Matterhorn all good nice updates, they added a new area in front of the castle, the castle got painted and The Rose Tavern became the new theme for that restaurant.

I don’t have a problem with how they’re handling Fantasyland. The updates are nice and the land maintains its old timey charm. It’s my favorite land of any theme park to be in at night, but then again it could be the ley lines :grin:

One thing I’m less than thrilled about is the concept art having Tokyo’s Skull Rock in an expansion. We already have a Peter Pan attraction and I hate the idea of wasting space for a second. I’d love to see more exclusive DLR attractions instead of clones from the Asian parks. How about we trade Skull Rock for Pride Rock and Tron for a Cave of Wonders coaster, Disney?

I don’t have a problem with how they’re handling Fantasyland. The updates are nice and the land maintains its old timey charm. It’s my favorite land of any theme park to be in at night, but then again it could be the ley lines :grin:

One thing I’m less than thrilled about is the concept art having Tokyo’s Skull Rock in an expansion. We already have a Peter Pan attraction and I hate the idea of wasting space for a second. I’d love to see more exclusive DLR attractions instead of clones from the Asian parks. How about we trade Skull Rock for Pride Rock and Tron for a Cave of Wonders coaster, Disney?
Its hard...because yes I'd like less clone....but also I don't have to have to travel by plane to ride Tron if they give me Tron here I'd be happy...I would also be happy with an Aladdin ride.

A mix would be nice, even if it was 3/4 rides from across the world and 1/4 New things I could live with that. Also I wonder why they didn't announce Marvel/Star Wars attractions I'm not saying they aren't apart of the plan but with how hot both IPs are youd think dropping adventure with Baby Yoda and Mando....while also training with Ms Marvel and Falcon would be easy wins for them

I do wonder about the use of Fantasy Springs in contextual elements. Same goes for Wakanda.

While I assume the end result will differ; it continues to show WDI's interests in atleast those IP's. Especially in Wakanda; after this, BPII, and the D+ Wakanda series that is officially in development.
They used the Fantasy Springs concept art because it was lying around. They literally used one of every non-domestic concept art.

I honestly think the concept art means zero.
This is about zoning and not a realisic expansion plan.

Just FYI Tokyo also already has a Peter Pan attraction.

Okay but Fantasyland is already a solid land at Disneyland... and the dark rides are all slowly getting updates.

Sure, there is untapped potential with the theatre space in the back, but I by no mean see Fantasyland as a priority. I would argue Disneyland has one of the strongest Fantasyland’s of all the parks.

Top priorities for DL right now are (or should be) PatF and Tomorrowland. Glad to hear they just inserted concept art and that it’s meaningless. If DLR wants to generate tourism from outboard CA, they need to bring in some exclusive attractions.

Okay but Fantasyland is already a solid land at Disneyland... and the dark rides are all slowly getting updates.

Sure, there is untapped potential with the theatre space in the back, but I by no mean see Fantasyland as a priority. I would argue Disneyland has one of the strongest Fantasyland’s of all the parks.
Now, I have not been to all of the Disney parks (Just DLR, WDW, and Paris), but from what I see from all of the other FLs, DL seems to be the strongest. Love the Matterhorn. It would be nice if they built something where the FL Theater is or where all of that Autopia track is. I think they could easily expand over in that area.
Top priorities for DL right now are (or should be) PatF and Tomorrowland. Glad to hear they just inserted concept art and that it’s meaningless. If DLR wants to generate tourism from outboard CA, they need to bring in some exclusive attractions.
Tomorrowland especially. I would love them to have the Tron aesthetic throughout the land that Shanghai has and update Buzz and Space and add the Rocket Jets to its rightful place, put in Tron and a proper PM replacement. Put those in and I'll be happy.

Now, I have not been to all of the Disney parks (Just DLR, WDW, and Paris), but from what I see from all of the other FLs, DL seems to be the strongest. Love the Matterhorn. It would be nice if they built something where the FL Theater is or where all of that Autopia track is. I think they could easily expand over in that area.

Tomorrowland especially. I would love them to have the Tron aesthetic throughout the land that Shanghai has and update Buzz and Space and add the Rocket Jets to its rightful place, put in Tron and a proper PM replacement. Put those in and I'll be happy.

I always just figured if they redo the Subs/Autopia, it would either be absorbed into Tomorrowland, or split between the two. Who knows.

But I do think Disney’s main priority is park capacity. Disneyland needs to expand if they want to be able to get more guests inside without impacting experience.

Am I the only one who didn’t notice Wakanda’s mountain range in the concept art? I think this is the first public acknowledgment Disney has plans for Black Panther attractions.