Disneyland Resort | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure what they would do with Winnie the Pooh/Hungry Bear back there if they did that. It seems to make sense to keep that back corner the same.
I mean it’s based on stuff animals anyway
Never really the land in the first place. It was just a easy ride to clone

I mean it’s based on stuff animals anyway
Never really the land in the first place. It was just a easy ride to clone

I don't really understand what you mean. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the bakery/gift shop, and The Hungry Bear (the latter three pre-existing) all fit within the theme of Critter Country. I'm saying it makes more sense to keep that back corner of the park the way it is than to try and theme everything else to a brand new theme entirely that none of those would fit into.

I don't really understand what you mean. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the bakery/gift shop, and The Hungry Bear (the latter three pre-existing) all fit within the theme of Critter Country. I'm saying it makes more sense to keep that back corner of the park the way it is than to try and theme everything else to a brand new theme entirely that none of those would fit into.
I would not hold back Disney from making the theme of that area better because of a ride that is normally a walk on and isn’t highly rated

Star tours, Nemo, and buzz don’t fit tomorrowlands theme.
Pooh is not a forever ride and rather it be something people online complain about not fitting theme over making that area in that park higher quality wort more theming

I would not hold back Disney from making the theme of that area better because of a ride that is normally a walk on and isn’t highly rated

Star tours, Nemo, and buzz don’t fit tomorrowlands theme.
Pooh is not a forever ride and rather it be something people online complain about not fitting theme over making that area in that park higher quality wort more theming

Yeah, I just don't see that happening. We have no indication of it happening either as far as I know. The Tomorrowland theme has sort of been thrown to the wind, as now "tomorrow" is just "space/fantasy".

This might be a false memory, but I vaguely remember reading some official Disney line back when the Finding Nemo subs opened about the "talking fish technology" being the connection to Tomorrowland. It sits in Fantasyland too, so :shrug:

They should have rethemed Splash Mountain at DL to Winnie the Pooh and converted Winnie the Pooh dark ride to something else.

Princess and the Frog>>>>>>>Winnie the Pooh for Splash and its not even a contest.

Even if its not New Orleans themed after the ride opens I hope they plus that end of the park the views of River of America are nice but the land itself is very boring and hope they plus it

Princess and the Frog>>>>>>>Winnie the Pooh for Splash and its not even a contest.

Even if its not New Orleans themed after the ride opens I hope they plus that end of the park the views of River of America are nice but the land itself is very boring and hope they plus it

Thematically....I don't agree.

Princess and the Frog would have been a great replacement for Pirates of the Caribbean.....which obviously is a non-starter.

Thematically....I don't agree.

Princess and the Frog would have been a great replacement for Pirates of the Caribbean.....which obviously is a non-starter.
I'd to would have liked a water dark ride for Princess and the Frog but the concept pictures of the new Splash blow away what we have now. Fire flies are going to light that thing up.

I'd rather them redo Pooh into a better dark ride, doesn;t have to be trackless like Honey Hunt but the Pooh ride now really needs a big redo if it wants to draw guests in and since Disney seems to have no plans for that, hope thew area just gets more to look at and maybe even some new interactive elements

I'd to would have liked a water dark ride for Princess and the Frog but the concept pictures of the new Splash blow away what we have now. Fire flies are going to light that thing up.

I'd rather them redo Pooh into a better dark ride, doesn;t have to be trackless like Honey Hunt but the Pooh ride now really needs a big redo if it wants to draw guests in and since Disney seems to have no plans for that, hope thew area just gets more to look at and maybe even some new interactive elements

I agree that the Pooh at DL is totally underwhelming. It's such a small space....I'm not sure what else they could do with it.

I agree that the Pooh at DL is totally underwhelming. It's such a small space....I'm not sure what else they could do with it.
I mean Plus the ride and change the ending like Snow White.

Most Fantasyland rides all got new effects and the ending is really a joke....especially when Secret Life of pets has a similar ending with a party....but Pooh party is just sad

I'm looking forward to MMRR, it sounds like they have plussed the West coast version over what Orlando got - I just hope it has single rider!
I might wait until mid-February to ride it. Everyone will likely be more focused on SNW and the opening hype should ware off a bit by then.

Looking forward to riding it as well! Apparently ours is going to be slightly longer so I'm looking forward to the Director's Cut version of this ride!

But I wish they would just tell us if the ride has VQ or not. I'm pretty sure it will, but if the ride is opening, um NEXT WEEK, that would be very nice info to have. Would suck for the ignorant masses that paid good money for one day tickets to get screwed over by VQ again.

I might wait until mid-February to ride it. Everyone will likely be more focused on SNW and the opening hype should ware off a bit by then.

Looking forward to riding it as well! Apparently ours is going to be slightly longer so I'm looking forward to the Director's Cut version of this ride!

But I wish they would just tell us if the ride has VQ or not. I'm pretty sure it will, but if the ride is opening, um NEXT WEEK, that would be very nice info to have. Would suck for the ignorant masses that paid good money for one day tickets to get screwed over by VQ again.
Honestly I know Disney has been announcing things alot the last few weeks but whats the silence on this ride? Is it coming down to the wire? Because you'd think it would have had press rides/cast member previews by now. Nintendoland isn't opening for weeks and is about to have soft/AP/CM/media days by the end of this weekend all wrapped up

I'm looking forward to MMRR, it sounds like they have plussed the West coast version over what Orlando got - I just hope it has single rider!

from what I’ve heard, it’s just the different queue and an added hallway transition in the ride, due to show building layout. It’s the same otherwise.

I do hope there’s more changes on-ride… but not holding my breath.

Reactions: Clive