Disneyland Resort | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eisner's theme park/resort highs were significantly higher than Iger's have been.

I'd even say 1986ish through 1998ish was WDW at its very peak in terms of expansion, creativity, and the overall quality of the guest experience.

Until recently, I would have given Iger credit purely on the business side for his acquisitions... but I'm now quite unconvinced that most of those acquisitions will ultimately prove to have been good for the company in the long run.
They've certainly made the company unwieldy. Ignoring the unfillable maw that is Shareholder Returns, I think it's at least partially a culture issue; with so many moving parts they're inevitably going to compete and sabotage each other, intentionally or not, without leaders in place to help mitigate that. Eisner did not place leaders in charge that promoted a collaborative culture, and with so many acquisitions I think that Iger has created a similar situation.

Since Ogie Boogie Bash is right around the corner, one thing that I think would be cool to do again in the future is another Halloween version of World of Color. Villainous did not get the best reception which explains why it never came back in 2022 when the WOC platform came back online. If they do decide to do a Halloween WOC year I wonder what direction they could go in that could improve upon what people did not like about Villainous.

Since Ogie Boogie Bash is right around the corner, one thing that I think would be cool to do again in the future is another Halloween version of World of Color. Villainous did not get the best reception which explains why it never came back in 2022 when the WOC platform came back online. If they do decide to do a Halloween WOC year I wonder what direction they could go in that could improve upon what people did not like about Villainous.

I think they overcomplicated it with the new character and frame story. Encouraging someone to be "villainous" is always just a weird arc, even in the best of hands. They'd do better with a plotless Halloween show that just features Oogie Boogie as the emcee and a series of popular villain songs.

Reactions: TheUniC6 and Jake S
Reactions: Jerroddragon
I think they overcomplicated it with the new character and frame story. Encouraging someone to be "villainous" is always just a weird arc, even in the best of hands. They'd do better with a plotless Halloween show that just features Oogie Boogie as the emcee and a series of popular villain songs.
I think a better way to do a Halloween WOC would have it be themed around the Villains and have Mickey and the major Disney heroes team up and stop them. Another option if they are allowed would be to do a Goosebumps themed WOC. Disney has that Goosebumps Disney+ show coming out and if it does well on Disney+ and Disney decides to work out a deal to get the rights for further projects with the IP, A Goosebumps WOC could be really cool.

It will certainly be nicer than what they currently have, yet I must once again ask...

Disney...you have an event...for announcements...why not announce this announcement...at your event for announcements...so the event for announcements...has more announcements?
While I agree... lets hope they set the bar a little higher than a park bench and some flowers for the event announcements... :smirk:

While I agree... lets hope they set the bar a little higher than a park bench and some flowers for the event announcements... :smirk:
I mean, I get hyped on small projects like this

This is to me really cool, it's just improving the park and most other companies outside of DIsney doesn't do these kinda refresh to area's.

So It is weird to just announce this when you have events, It's not like this will start until next year. It's more I understand it is weird Disney has events but then doesn't have anything new to talk about because the blogs have already announced it all