Disneyland Resort | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No idea why Facilier would get a shop or why anyone would expect one.

They are deliberately choosing to exclude him. I don't like it, but let's also not pretend he's the "one thing" that people like about The Princess and the Frog.

Yes - why would Disney opt to not go through with a possibly taboo Voodoo-themed Store?

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

Reactions: grlhowl and Jake S
So…the answer is no? There is no precedence for this?
I mean First Order has a store in the same park

Also cool, it can be the first

I really don't get Disney not wanting to focus on Villain. Besides Westcot, I've heard about Villains land since I was a kid on forums and Disney just refuses to listen to fans....as an event all about villains sells out every year

Anyway. I've said my bit, it just sucks to leave out the last great villain they created from anything in the park
Yes - why would Disney opt to not go through with a possibly taboo Voodoo-themed Store?

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office
Lollll Disney replaces an attraction in the hopes to not offend people with a film that could also offend people

Maybe they are in the wrong business. Princess and the Frog is not an old movie from the 50s

Yes - why would Disney opt to not open a possibly taboo Voodoo-themed Store? :rolleyes:
Because it wouldn't be better than Universal's Voodoo themed doughnuts.

EDIT: I really don't care whether Dr. Facilier has a store or not, but I'm not sure it's entirely accurate that Dr. Facilier's exclusion is voodoo-related. It's obviously not taboo enough for them to remove Mama Odie as well, so I imagine the prime impetus is just that, within the ride's narrative, Dr. Facilier is already dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
I mean First Order has a store in the same park

Also cool, it can be the first

I really don't get Disney not wanting to focus on Villain. Besides Westcot, I've heard about Villains land since I was a kid on forums and Disney just refuses to listen to fans....as an event all about villains sells out every year

Anyway. I've said my bit, it just sucks to leave out the last great villain they created from anything in the park

Lollll Disney replaces an attraction in the hopes to not offend people with a film that could also offend people

Maybe they are in the wrong business. Princess and the Frog is not an old movie from the 50s

I really think you gotta get over the "parks don't listen to the fans" thing... Fans shouldn't exclusively dictate what comes to a park. Inform their decisions when prudent, sure. But you also need to accept that actually "listening to the fans" means not doing what you as an individual want. In fact, I'd bet the opinion of the majority of the "fans" does not typically align with what you want.

Because it wouldn't be better than Universal's Voodoo themed doughnuts.
Are we talking about Disney or Universal?

And I'm sorry - but while the name may have Voodoo, everything about that place is hippie culture and weird aesthetics; and the Universal versions are still sterilized from the normal stores' stuff. Dr. Facilier is a voodoo caricature that explores the dark corners of the voodoo world ( which is Hoodoo, if we want to get technical about it all)

Which is probably why they aren't opting for a movie retelling but instead focusing on the "happily ever after".

Reactions: grlhowl and Jake S
It sounds like Disneyland Forward got through the first round of approvals. I doubt there will be too many more hurdles with the Anaheim city council.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Fresh baked has some video of the HM on the side near Splash without nears there....looks...so weird, lol

Also crowds since the 50 dollar kids tickets went away seem pretty tame for it being spring break time

Reactions: saint.piss