Disneyland Resort | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't mind just saving up for a pass and buying one for when Star Wars opens. 

This isn't a bad idea... was bummed as I was saving for the monthly pass option this year and after hearing this rumor, was kinda heart broken as I finally wanted to be a SoCal Resident AP Holder for Disney. But perhaps it can wait. 

But I do see the many benefits that can come from this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
After 20+ years, I'm giving up on Disney APs.  Too far away, too expensive, and too crowded.  All my visits there in the last few years were miserable and not enjoyable anymore.  The Universal and SFMM APs are a much better value for me.

After 20+ years, I'm giving up on Disney APs.  Too far away, too expensive, and too crowded.  All my visits there in the last few years were miserable and not enjoyable anymore.  The Universal and SFMM APs are a much better value for me.

Have you considered investing a Knotts pass instead of a Disney pass?

Word on the street right now, via Park Journey, is that this will be the last month to purchase your pass with the monthly payment option. After that, you gotta pay for your pass in full, up front. 

As someone who has the cheapest pass with the monthly payments, I actually don't mind. Its way too crowded even on "non-peak" days. I wouldn't mind just saving up for a pass and buying one for when Star Wars opens. After all, that's the main culprit for the large crowds. 

I had a feeling it'd either be DL or UOR who'd blink first on that. Personally, it makes sense on a logistical standpoint as it adds a lot of people that overflow the capacity of the park.

I had a feeling it'd either be DL or UOR who'd blink first on that. Personally, it makes sense on a logistical standpoint as it adds a lot of people that overflow the capacity of the park.

I had no idea UOR offered monthly payments. Interesting. I'm not familiar with their crowd situation, but I would imagine it's not that bad as they're in Florida. I would not be surprised to see DLR pull it first being that it's frickin' Disney and it's in the middle of a million neighborhoods. 

^^I have a Knott's pass.  I got more use out of it, but distance is still a problem.  I used to hit Disney and Knott's in a day with my AP's as a one-two punch.  But by not visiting Disney as often (my visits have been greatly decreasing in the last few years), so did my visits to Knotts.  While I like the park, I probably wouldn't drive down just for that alone.

But as it turns out, because of some travels I'll be doing this summer, I'll be able to hit both Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland.  So I will get the Silver Pass (or whatever is the one that's good for all the Cedar Fair parks... I can't get all these names straight, lol) this year after all.  Next year, not as sure.

Largely crowds, but also their incompetent security proceedures. I also hate that it takes anywhere from 20-45 minutes just to get to and from any parking. Add in he fact that I'd need to now pay for that parking disaster since I can no longer afford the highest level passes where it's included. Distance is also a factor for me. 

Largely crowds, but also their incompetent security proceedures. I also hate that it takes anywhere from 20-45 minutes just to get to and from any parking. Add in he fact that I'd need to now pay for that parking disaster since I can no longer afford the highest level passes where it's included. Distance is also a factor for me. 

They recently moved the western security checkpoint to the M&F tram stop and expanded the number of lanes. I've heard that it's improved the delay on that side. The eastern side is unchanged.

I'm not a fan that two lanes restrict towards one metal detector at Disney, but Disney security is much friendlier than Securitas. Perhaps they should add more metal detectors to improve speed.

Exactly, having the one metal detector for two lanes frequently creates bottlenecks.  A groups with bags/backpacks/purses put them on one table for the screening, pick them up , put them back down on another table, then have to empty their pockets on top of all that.  Not to mention maneuver their stroller.  When you see it in person, you realize what a disaster it is in execution.  There's really no excuse for them to do it this way.

While I personally haven't had any negative experiences with Universal Security, I do have to admit my husband has a few times, and for no real good reason.  So you may have a point there.  Although I haven't noticed it as much recently.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Exactly, having the one metal detector for two lanes frequently creates bottlenecks.  A groups with bags/backpacks/purses put them on one table for the screening, pick them up , put them back down on another table, then have to empty their pockets on top of all that.  Not to mention maneuver their stroller.  When you see it in person, you realize what a disaster it is in execution.  There's really no excuse for them to do it this way.

Disney security is quick once they have dedicated lanes like they used to. Their newer system is a little slower.

Pirates going on a 6 week refurbishment. 

"Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland closes 6 weeks, Feb 3 - March 15 .. look for an all-new auctioneer Audio-Animatronic when it returns."

- Source on Twitter