Disneyland Resort | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do they bypass it at WDW? I haven’t been up to date on how their ops are during the pandemic. That would be a total bummer, since the stretching room really sets the stage for the attraction. I wonder how it would be without it... the only way to bypass the elevators is a corridor that’s used for employees and for evacuations. It’s the door by the mausoleums in the extended queue, but that couldn’t really accommodate many guests. I’ve only been through once, and can’t remember if there were stairs, which would make ADA compliance impossible.
Yup. In fact, they shut down all of the pre-shows in all of the rides at WDW with the exception of RotR or any of the simulator rides (FoP, MF, Soarin') and shows (Tiki Room, PhilharMagic) that require you to wait behind doors as that would be impossible to not have you wait at the attraction entrance. At least that's been my experience of the three times I've gone to Florida since this has all started (Thank you cheap flights!) Only reason they're able to bypass it at WDW's HM is because, (Fun fact!), unlike DL's, Florida's HM stretching rooms are not elevators. They are simply there for the experience. With DL's HM, that's the primary way to get to the main showbuilding. It would be virtually impossible to operate without the stretching rooms at all.

But yeah I am so confused as to whether indoor rides are allowed period or if they're allowed with restrictions. This is so confusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael S
Yup. In fact, they shut down all of the pre-shows in all of the rides at WDW with the exception of RotR or any of the simulator rides (FoP, MF, Soarin') and shows (Tiki Room, PhilharMagic) that require you to wait behind doors as that would be impossible to not have you wait at the attraction entrance. At least that's been my experience of the three times I've gone to Florida since this has all started (Thank you cheap flights!) Only reason they're able to bypass it at WDW's HM is because, (Fun fact!), unlike DL's, Florida's HM stretching rooms are not elevators. They are simply there for the experience. With DL's HM, that's the primary way to get to the main showbuilding. It would be virtually impossible to operate without the stretching rooms at all.

But yeah I am so confused as to whether indoor rides are allowed period or if they're allowed with restrictions. This is so confusing.

I knew they weren’t elevators, and I’m glad they are able to keep the attraction going since they can! But how was your experience riding it without the stretching room? It would feel so odd to me, like starting a book on chapter 2... even if you’ve read it before.

And man oh man are you right about this being confusing. I’m not a fan of this generic language haha

I knew they weren’t elevators, and I’m glad they are able to keep the attraction going since they can! But how was your experience riding it without the stretching room? It would feel so odd to me, like starting a book on chapter 2... even if you’ve read it before.

And man oh man are you right about this being confusing. I’m not a fan of this generic language haha
Tbh I wasn’t too jaded that they weren’t operating as I’ve been a frequent to DLR before Covid. It certainly would’ve been nice to experience it again but I was simply happy to ride HM again.

Oh, and they shut down the preshows for Hagrid’s, Gringott’s and MIB at UO. It’s not just a Disney protocol. Now having Gringott’s and MIB’s preshows shut down was annoying as the elevator experience for the last two rides I mentioned are supposed to really sell the experience and they were shut down. Also, I don’t know about Simpsons, Minions or Shrek if their preshows were shut down as I have not experienced those rides when I went to UO during Covid. Though I would imagine it’s the same situation I mentioned with WDW.

If we can't ride the Stretching room part...did we really ride HM? lol

Yeah I was thinking this too. The trade off: getting to ride HM with an empty doom buggy in front of you and behind you.

I’m sure there’s a way to get to the load station without taking the elevators. Although I might be wrong.

Yeah I was thinking this too. The trade off: getting to ride HM with an empty doom buggy in front of you and behind you.

I’m sure there’s a way to get to the load station without taking the elevators. Although I might be wrong.
It was definitely different just walking through the stretching room at HM in WDW. By the way, they load every doom buggy. They are spaced far enough apart and with the full back canopy are pretty isolated already. Same with PP also

It was definitely different just walking through the stretching room at HM in WDW. By the way, they load every doom buggy. They are spaced far enough apart and with the full back canopy are pretty isolated already. Same with PP also

Bummer. I just assumed they’d space everyone out.

Bummer. I just assumed they’d space everyone out.
The single group ominmovers are actually in a better position to handle this than people eater rides like pirates and small world since they can’t load every row on the boat. Their waits were longer than pan and HM which is usually the other way around. FEE was good because they put up plexiglass partitions and were able to load every row on those boats same with LWtL

Reactions: JawsVictim
I just can't with these tier....35% at 1% infection rate? Why the heck do they not want theme parks to open..we literally get sooooo much tax money from it. I just can't there is no logic behind this and hate Disney will just go along with this. If I was Disney I would open at 25% and then once we get to 1% go to 75% and pay the fines.

My issues is just if we stay on track and everyone who wants a vaccine has one by end of May...then by July businesses should be able to just open up. At that point is is YOUR choice if you get sick or not and do not thing workers/businesses should be punished for the few who ignore science.

Last edited:
I just can't with these tier....35% at 1% infection rate? Why the heck do they not want theme parks to open..we literally get sooooo much tax money from it. I just can't there is no logic behind this and hate Disney will just go along with this. If I was Disney I would open at 25% and then once we get to 1% go to 75% and pay the fines.

My issues is just if we stay on track and everyone who wants a vaccine has one by end of May...then by July businesses should be able to just open up. At that point is is YOUR choice if you get sick or not and do not thing workers/businesses should be punished for the few who ignore science.

I would expect the conditions to change and become more relaxed (before quietly being eliminated altogether) as vaccination rates rise and overall, countrywide case numbers decline. They've already announced some of the thresholds will be tweaked as they hit certain internal metrics.

Interesting. Well makes more sense when I saw on Reddit the prices of tickets now can go up to 153 bucks....forgot on peak days they cost the same as an AP to Universal.

I'm excited its opening I doubt I will go...but maybe I will see what it looks like but for sure not going into DCA without the new land opening. If Im spending 153 bucks Im riding spiderman..lol

Reactions: JawsVictim
View attachment 14191

Chapek is hoping to reopen Disneyland Resort by Mid-April.

I went over to a magical forums site to see what they think about the news today, and they're holding a rally to open disneyland early :skull: The best part is that they want to "support" the cast-members by opening up. They really wanna go on Space Mountain don't they; I just can't with them it's gonna be ten people with signs yelling at a security guard.

I went over to a magical forums site to see what they think about the news today, and they're holding a rally to open disneyland early :skull: The best part is that they want to "support" the cast-members by opening up. They really wanna go on Space Mountain don't they; I just can't with them it's gonna be ten people with signs yelling at a security guard.
I honestly do want the CM's back...but yeah they are full of it. They want it open to ride stuff.

What i think is being missed with all these discussions about opening with a larger % of capacity is the fact that lines are now +6x longer because of social distancing. In WDW that meant that HM line started back at SM and PP line was through BOTH floors of Columbia Harbor house. While MK has the room with wider walkways, DL does not. Plus most of the original rides have narrow queues which makes it an even bigger challenge.

What i think is being missed with all these discussions about opening with a larger % of capacity is the fact that lines are now +6x longer because of social distancing. In WDW that meant that HM line started back at SM and PP line was through BOTH floors of Columbia Harbor house. While MK has the room with wider walkways, DL does not. Plus most of the original rides have narrow queues which makes it an even bigger challenge.

The lines are also longer due to reduced capacity on the rides themselves but the distancing adds to it. While I'm not a fan of it, I do wonder if Disneyland would be better during this time with a virtual queue for everything in order to keep ride lines down. It might make an absolute nightmare, though. Still, reduced overall park capacity would work in conjunction.

I’m going to try to get tickets when they’re available and make it my only visit until guidelines are lifted. I don’t think there will ever be another chance to attend on a weekend with only 15% capacity. Going to try for a day at each park.

Reactions: Rideguy70