Disneyland Resort | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol

Honestly this is why I like this site over other plays where things are leaked

People speak plainly on rumors over playing Games

Taking a quick look at things, it definitely looks like this was a combo of someone getting way too excited about a rumor they heard (Matt), coincidental timing from someone who had better insight with the rumor they had (Hecallsmepp), and a couple just jumping on things for the lolz. (Kitra and ParkObsession.)

This all pretty much stemmed from Matt who does own up to his mistake, he heard a couple parade rumors and got really excited over the possibility of a second parade which would be a nighttime parade. So similar to what they had at the last Pixar Fest, and in all honesty that's something several of us on here (myself, included) would've have like to have seen. But of course, that wasn't the case. And Matt state it's definitely a lesson learned on vaguely posting about a rumor.

As for Hecallsmepp, they were just caught up in the timing of the posts as their rather simple rumor post was about the Talking Dug. And they had no idea where the parade rumors were coming from.

For Kitra, they were definitely being sarcastic on the whole situation. And ParkObsession stated they had no idea, they were just being a jokester.

FWIW, this is a great example on how a rumor can spin wayward so ridiculously fast. You can apply this to theme park rumors, HHN rumors, the list goes on. Just be careful out there, folks.

Once again its why I like this site

People just spill the tea when its ready not making people hyped up for nothing.

Also if people didn't see Luca, Elemental, and Onward main characters will be meeting guests at meet and greets

Excited to see all the stuff happening at the event tomorrow

Also I think the Club Pixar area looks pretty great. Hope I can play a game of chess

Wow I’m a little jealous of all the offerings on the West Coast at the moment particularly with the cool themed events.

I understand DL is a locals park so of course they to have keep their entertainment fresh versus tourists at WDW who probably come one in a lifetime or visit rarely.

Last edited:
Was at the parks yesterday.

My thought on Pixar Fest and the parks in general.

Pixar Fest is a very mixed bag. On one hand most things I did were busy on the other, I heard complaints both in person and online....yet its busy so makes it hard to know if people just like to complain or if Disney should change it up

The Good, I think the Fantasyland Theater is pretty good use of space, while a play would be welcome the character meet and greets at this location were all filling up in mins, so while people complained they weren't allowed to see "x" Characters, the lines said there is a huge demand to meet all 5 meet and greets at this location, not to mention families seeming to enjoy getting to dance with certain characters.
If the demand seems to die down then maybe this was bad but from what I saw, people really want to meet these characters and think the space is being well used for now, only issue is the area does close earlier then I think it should

The New or Updated Pixar Parade, online and even in person heard some think the new parade is meh but once again....the crowds say other wise both times the parade spots were gone an hour before show time, so I hope people put their money where their mouth is, if you dont like these more simple floats.....don't go but if you keep packing the streets then Disney will think they did a good job because they care about the demand, who care if your going to type this suck....then wait an hour for it.
I thought the parade was fine, I think the the night time version is better and only float I would change really is soul in the fact that Joe seems to not really interact with the crowd as much as many other characters

Club Pixar to me is the biggest missed opportunity, it's only open to 8:30 PM and I think little kids will love it and some families will enjoy the kids dancing as they take a break but I think after 8 PM is when the place should kick off to be more like....well past events in this area that are more for adults or at least not just for really little kids. No meet and greet characters in hollywood after 3 PM........just why? Like no idea why they have zero meet and greets here during club pixar.

Rides breaking down and the effects on the parks. DCA was a mess because of LL and rides breaking down. While DIsneyland it can have effects on a handful of rides at DCA it can just get bad. Cars Racers, Toy Story MM, Monsters Inc and even GOTG I saw get insane later lines because the rides shut down......then everyone comes back to use their LL later and it just makes the ride a mess for everyone....why am I paying money...if the Toy Story line with LL will take me 30 mins to get on the ride, just the system needs to change in my opinion but....again people are buying it so will anything change if we just complain?

With all the being said, right now for many is still a good time to go to DLR. It has two events happening Season of the Force and Pixar Fest, so weekends at least you are getting a ton of shows and extra thing to do.

So my finale thoughts are really just its an each their own kinda thing here, I think if you like meet and greets these events are clearly winners with all the new and popular characters returning. New entertainment seems more for families or young kids and I think while part of these events are cool, its just werid things like club pixar close so early/no meet and greet characters while at Fantayland its soooooo busy it can be hard to do everything since the meet and greet times are random...cast will not help you with times....I asked many of them and its always the characters come out when they do.

I mean....cool but I really don't understand why there is no end Date.

Like It's about to be summer and while not popping like it was, I went yesterday and they need all the rides and area up as they can with current crowds.

I just hope its done before July....because seems like its somehow getting into June. For two shops and no upgrades to Pooh....feels like a long time

(also if they need to keep the end near SM closes cool but then reopen pooh before then)

Reactions: belloq87
I wonder if, in an ideal world and with hindsight, Disney would have preferred to wait to begin the Haunted Mansion project until after Tiana's Bayou Adventure opened.

Perhaps there's some unknown (to us) reason they were forced to do that queue project in 2024 versus 2025, but it just doesn't seem well-thought-out to have Mansion, Splash/Tiana, and Pooh all experiencing overlapping closures.

Reactions: saint.piss
Perhaps there's some unknown (to us) reason they were forced to do that queue project in 2024 versus 2025, but it just doesn't seem well-thought-out to have Mansion, Splash/Tiana, and Pooh all experiencing overlapping closures.
I wonder if combining these projects made the backstage logistical lift easier, but that’s merely speculation.

Reactions: belloq87
I wonder if combining these projects made the backstage logistical lift easier, but that’s merely speculation.
Possible, I guess, but is that worth the front-of-house trade-off on the quality of an average guest's daily visit? I'm sure an accountant could find a way to say "Yes, of course!" but that shouldn't always be the only consideration.

I remember Haunted Mansion closed for scheduled refurbishment shortly before the COVID closure. They renovated the load area, adding a metal divider, the April-December portrait, and the one eye cat. I don’t understand why they didn't build the ADA elevator and exterior queue then. Some conjecture that Disney was fighting the requirements, and finally relented in 2023