Disneyland Resort | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to laugh, they market these passes as "consumer friendly" and a great "value" but their lowest tier has sooooo many blackout days with NO guarantee you'll be able to get a reservation for any of the open days. I really hope people stop going to Disney until they stop trying to extract the greatest amount out of every visitor as they possibly can

It really seems like they want only people who will pay through the nose for these passes, or for people to not bother with them and only get a couple day tickets and be a more profitable guest.

I hope they don't try this out in Florida.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Not offering parking at the second highest tier is the big blow for me. I was a signature passholder before this and hoped to continue, but with ease of reservations a question mark and only 50% off parking... it's a bit of a tough sell.

To me these are deals for what they could do.....Ap's are lucky I dont run the program because it would cost about the same and be even more limited

The park was plenty crowded when I went, literally no need for APs but to fill every inch and make it joyless to go to the parks

Pricing is decent and reservation availability in the months following will be examined closely. I'm glad I held on and didn't buy any day tickets. Looks like many people avoided the 3-day "discount" tickets. Every day in August and the following months are still available to reserve for both single-day and park-hopper tickets. It appears with summer coming to an end and everyone getting their Disney fix, the demand for repeat visits at current pricing is low.

Eyeing a day at DL in December and a few days in April with friends visiting CA. Looks like all the dates I would consider a blocked off except for the highest tier anyways :lol:

Traditionally, how crowded would DL get on a weekend in early December?

Eyeing a day at DL in December and a few days in April with friends visiting CA. Looks like all the dates I would consider a blocked off except for the highest tier anyways :lol:

Traditionally, how crowded would DL get on a weekend in early December?
Crowded

I think besides some weird off days and the time right after DL opened this year along with when GE edge opened. Most days at Disneyland have a good amount of people

With APs back soon, I think the next few months will be 7/10 or higher every day

Crowded

I think besides some weird off days and the time right after DL opened this year along with when GE edge opened. Most days at Disneyland have a good amount of people

With APs back soon, I think the next few months will be 7/10 or higher every day
Thanks. I’m trying to go back for X-Mas decorations and noticed all passes except the highest tier are blocked on Saturdays in December. Thought maybe the first or second Saturday of that month might be a good option.

After 12 years on this board, I'm here to bring things full circle and ask some "noob" questions :lol:. I'm taking my first trip to California next Monday. I'll be squeezing both DL and DCA in on Tuesday (8/10). Not really stressing it, but figured some advice couldn't hurt!

1. With park hopping being limited until after 1 PM, any suggestions on which park to start with? I've done RotR and I do not care at all about checking Web Slingers honestly.

2. Any additional tips, especially with things being a bit different since they've reopened (outside of using the app, planning ahead, etc)? Obviously, I'm trying to cram a lot in one day so any advice is very welcomed. I'm planning on prioritizing the rides that are exclusive to Cali/not in Orlando along with the rides that are in Orlando, but have fun changes like PotC.

Thanks!

After 12 years on this board, I'm here to bring things full circle and ask some "noob" questions :lol:. I'm taking my first trip to California next Monday. I'll be squeezing both DL and DCA in on Tuesday (8/10). Not really stressing it, but figured some advice couldn't hurt!

1. With park hopping being limited until after 1 PM, any suggestions on which park to start with? I've done RotR and I do not care at all about checking Web Slingers honestly.

2. Any additional tips, especially with things being a bit different since they've reopened (outside of using the app, planning ahead, etc)? Obviously, I'm trying to cram a lot in one day so any advice is very welcomed. I'm planning on prioritizing the rides that are exclusive to Cali/not in Orlando along with the rides that are in Orlando, but have fun changes like PotC.

Thanks!
Disneyland then and try to get on ROTS, its just amazing

Tips
Indy seems to get a 20+ mins wait within in the first 5 mins of opening. So you will basically always have to wait in a line for this unless you line up early at the gate
Ordering food is easy but you do have to after ordering say "im here" on the app and it can take between 5-15 mins for the food to really be ready then. Also you can't use the app for free water and some places will make you wait in line for that even after you ordered on the app
Some of the App lines by the end of the night are just off Snow White said 5 mins from 8 pm on but was 20-30 mins in realty but most lines are marked correctly but just a heads up
If you don't care about fireworks then from 9-closing is the best time to ride rides
If you do want to watch Fireworks and dont care about the projections then maybe main street plaza inn restaurant, it has seating and some good views of the castle and the restaurant does have a place to refill/get free water

Thanks!
Disneyland should be your start point

It sounds like most of Fantasyland is on your list, so I would be at the gates an hour before opening and get to Fantasyland first

You can get most of those out of the way in an hour

If you care about Peter Pan, go Pan->SnowWhite->Alice->Toad->Pinocchio-> Matterhorn

Storybookland and Casey are nearby, but don’t always open with the park, so if they are open when you finish those, hit them up

As well, you could always swing into Toon town since it is nearby for Roger Rabbit

Then head to Adventureland for Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Mansion before you leave for California Adventure

The only real priorities in California Adventure will probably be Radiator Springs, Mission Breakout, and Grizzly River Run

Possibly California Screamin’ , but I wouldn’t prioritize it too much

Wear good shoes and Godspeed

Reactions: JawsVictim
Perfect. Appreciate the advice, everyone! Definitely convinced me to run over to DL first and knock out as much as I can. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Reactions: JawsVictim

Thanks!

I have to throw in my two cents as a Florida native now living in LA…

DCA is a waste of time if you only have one day. DL is Walt’s park and having gone to both a few times now, my advice is to avoid park hopping and just do DL. Pre-COVID it was super easy to hit everything at both parks in one day with Maxpass. Not so much anymore.

Regarding exclusive rides…Pirates and Space are WAY better out here. Small World and Big Thunder are also unique experiences here compared to MK. Also how could you go to DL and not see HM? JC and Peter Pan here are worth skipping…although Peter Pan is Walt’s last ride. Others have recommended my route: getting there early and doing Fantasyland first. You’ll be able to walk on all those dark rides and have the entire land finished in 30 min. Star Tours, Buzz, and Pooh are all skip-able IMO.

Sorry to make you think twice, but while Guardians and Radiator Springs are great rides, DCA is not worth leaving DL for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and chris.g
I have to throw in my two cents as a Florida native now living in LA…

DCA is a waste of time if you only have one day. DL is Walt’s park and having gone to both a few times now, my advice is to avoid park hopping and just do DL. Pre-COVID it was super easy to hit everything at both parks in one day with Maxpass. Not so much anymore.

Regarding exclusive rides…Pirates and Space are WAY better out here. Small World and Big Thunder are also unique experiences here compared to MK. Also how could you go to DL and not see HM? JC and Peter Pan here are worth skipping…although Peter Pan is Walt’s last ride. Others have recommended my route: getting there early and doing Fantasyland first. You’ll be able to walk on all those dark rides and have the entire land finished in 30 min. Star Tours, Buzz, and Pooh are all skip-able IMO.

Sorry to make you think twice, but while Guardians and Radiator Springs are great rides, DCA is not worth leaving DL for.
Yeah this is the right move. I have a lot of love for DCA personally and depending on the situation kinda prefer it over DL, but if you’ve only got the one day, I wouldn’t necessarily prioritize anything DCA over DL. You don’t wanna miss out on this history and allure of Disneyland, it’s still very real.

Losing MaxPass sucks because it made park-hopping so manageable, although, the lines haven’t been that bad this summer. If it’s a slower day and you show up early and things unfold the right way, you could get a ton accomplished in DL by early evening and maybe have time to sneak over to DCA, which is usually starting to thin out by then.

In that scenario, just prioritize the big three: Radiator Springs, Guardians and Incredicoaster. Not sure if RSR has single-rides available but definitely do that it so, will save you a ton of time.

Question about the Magic Keys: If I had a pass that allowed 6 reservations to be held, does DL & CA count as 1, or does each park count as 1, DL=1 & CA=1? Meaning, to park hop I have to use 2 reservation slots. I have heard conflicting info on this. Thanks!

Question about the Magic Keys: If I had a pass that allowed 6 reservations to be held, does DL & CA count as 1, or does each park count as 1, DL=1 & CA=1? Meaning, to park hop I have to use 2 reservation slots. I have heard conflicting info on this. Thanks!

If it’s going by the current system, 1. Currently, you just choose the starting park.