Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will have my full review after my trip in October. Until then I will be busy keeping my post count up by updating the site with pictures, news, and reviews. You know stuff that's wanted. :wave:

My "beg pardon" comment was under the impression that you were talking about the movie franchise itself. You never clarified. I have also commended Disney on the addition. In fact, look back and try to find one negative comment I made about Cars Land in this thread, since you enjoy going back to the beginning and proving people wrong..

But hey, congrats for getting so worked up over a forum post that was made several months ago.

I have no idea what your vendetta/problem is, but if you try stirring the pot one more time, you're gone. Enough is enough.

I don't like the Cars films much, but this area looks like a ton of fun. To bad, I will probably never experience it.

Just chilling in line at RSR's. Gotta admit the whole area is stunning. Far exceeding my expectations. Now lets see about the ride...

Terrible :lol:

Seriously though while short its one of the most amazing dark rides I've ever been on. Full review and pictures upon my return.

I know I'm slacking, had a meeting with a VP today so I've been preparing for that non stop since I returned to work this Monday. I promise either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Glad to see you guys are actually checking these out. My Transformers and more specifically HHN Hollywood reviews fell of the face of the forums :lol:

I'm catching up on recent happenings......

Holiday plans for DCA's entry plaza from the Disney Parks Blog......

Creating Holiday Traditions on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park
Buena Vista Street is filled with dreams of a bright future for all, and this Yuletide season promises to be even brighter as this happy, bustling community celebrates its first Christmas with joyous new traditions.

Shopkeepers up and down the street have decorated for the holidays, but inside the lavish Elias & Co. department store, they’ve gone all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus. Here, wide-eyed children may take a seat alongside the jolly old elf to share with him their fondest wishes for Christmas morning.

Another new idea really struck a chord after a holiday committee meeting of the Buena Vista Street Chamber of Commerce. Wishing to serve their community, eight individuals decided to form a volunteer holiday troupe, calling themselves the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers. Acting as a spirited, traveling “welcome wagon” to anyone visiting this friendly neighborhood, the Bell Ringers take their festive cheer to the street, encouraging others to join in spontaneous ring-along sing-alongs of familiar holiday tunes.

ibad4jDupdtcG5.jpg

As dusk falls each evening, the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers will gather in Carthay Circle with their fellow Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The sound of bells rings out, and everyone is invited to join together in the lighting of the town’s Christmas tree, wishing goodwill and joy to one and all!

You’re all invited to come join in the merriment, November 12 through January 6, at Disney California Adventure park.

From Disney Parks Blog

New Album Captures the Perfect Tone for Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge at Disney California Adventure Park
In the wake of the extremely popular “Music from Cars Land” album, another new CD comes out November 6 that has already become a favorite among Disney cast members. “The Circle Sessions: The Music of Carthay Circle” offers, for the first time, sparkling jazz versions of great Disney songs, selected from the soundtrack of the Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge at Disney California Adventure park!

iduan6EjdfzjR.jpg

“We really wanted to capture music across all generations and breathe new life into treasured and familiar songs,” said John Dennis, Director, Music Production, Walt Disney Imagineering, who is music supervisor and producer of the new album. “Everyone involved wanted to allow the variations to weave a different tapestry for our guests.”

Even though several of the songs were created after the themed 1937 setting of the restaurant, the smooth, evocative jazz approach is right at home in the period. But choosing from the voluminous catalog of Disney songs was a daunting task. In cooperation with Chris Montan, President of Walt Disney Music, these are the eclectic, wide-ranging gems they mined for a fresh, yet classic, jazz approach:

1. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes (from “Cinderella”)
2. Be Our Guest* (from “Beauty and the Beast”)
3. Ev’rybody Wants to Be A Cat (from “The Aristocats”)
4. Winnie the Pooh
5. A Whole New World*** (from “Aladdin”)
6. Alice in Wonderland
7. He’s a Tramp (from “Lady and the Tramp”)
8. Can You Feel The Love Tonight** (from “The Lion King”)
9. If I Didn’t Have You** (from “Monsters, Inc.”)
10. Married Life*** (from “Up”)
11. Some Day My Prince Will Come (from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”)
12. You’ve Got A Friend In Me* (from “Toy Story”)

*Best Original Song Academy Award nominee
**Best Original Song Academy Award winner
***Best Original Score Academy Award Winner

Not only does the CD feature some of the most beloved Disney songs with an upbeat, sophisticated twist, but this timeless collection also creates an ambiance that allows the listener to feel like they are in another time and place.

“Did you know that the selection of music actually changes from the downstairs to the upstairs?” fellow Disney Parks Blog writer Michelle Harker asked me—and I did not know that! “Guests on the first level will often hear these pieces represented by an ensemble trio, while those dining in the restaurant upstairs, will enjoy the same music but in a variety of light jazz piano tones.”

John is quick to point out the musical virtuosity behind this music. On piano is the album’s arranger, Bill Cantos, who has worked with a “who’s who” of the music industry, including Herb Alpert, Lani Hall, Elton John, Phil Collins, Bob Dylan and Burt Bacharach. And while we’re name-dropping, the album was produced by 11-time Grammy nominee Bill Schnee—who has helped such stars as Barbra Streisand, Neil Diamond, Natalie Cole and Whitney Houston to Gold Record awards—and Todd Homme, a longtime music supervisor/producer of music for Disney feature films as well as award winning films such as “Almost Famous,” “Catch Me if You Can” and “Saving Private Ryan.”

Both Bills, as well as every musician you’ll hear, are among the most sought-after music names in Hollywood, heard on countless movie and TV soundtracks, as well as best-selling recordings. You can catch a glimpse of them making this music in Valarie Sukovaty’s “Cue the Dining Music at Carthay Circle Restaurant” post.

[video=youtube;HIoidr0xFjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIoidr0xFjY[/video]​

Here at Disney, we’re no strangers to hyperbole, as you probably have noticed. But in the case of “The Circle Sessions: The Music of Carthay Circle,” everyone involved has become especially attached to the quality and magic of these performances. “I’ve already been told things like, ‘I play this over and over and never tire of hearing it,’” says John. “Best of all, this CD is the perfect way for parents to introduce their children to jazz music. I feel so privileged to have been part of this project—and that’s probably one of the best reasons.”

Look for “The Circle Sessions: The Music of Carthay Circle” beginning Tuesday, November 6 at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge, and at nearby locations such as Elias & Co. and Off the Page in Disney California Adventure park. (And if you like this album, allow me to also recommend the landmark “Dave Digs Disney” by the iconic Dave Brubeck Trio, one of several albums that paved the way.)

From Disney Parks Blog

Mad T Party Gets Merrier at Disney California Adventure Park

With the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort fast approaching, there’s a nip in the air at Disney California Adventure park as the Mad T Party prepares to add a pinch of splendiferous spirit to each evening’s celebratiousness. Those who venture down the Rabbit Hole will discover new delights – from fanciful garlands to elegant icicles to special edition silver tokens at the Mad Arcade – along with all-new songs and a bit of snowfall, just in time for T.

ifM67dWNK5lI8.jpg

The fantabulous festivities are highlighted by new arrangements of popular holiday hits from the Mad T Party band, while over at the House of Cards, the Hottest Deck in Town delivers some brand new dance sets. There’s even more merry muchness, too, as the White Rabbit DJ checks his song list not once but twice to re-mix seasonal favorites.

So practice your Futterwacken and don your hippest of holiday hats when you come for T this holiday season. You’ll simply go mad for it!

Last edited:
Possible Brand New Land for DCA, I copied the whole article, but read the bolded part is what is most important:

Hey folks, Harry here... There's a whole bunch of movement happening at the Magic Kingdom
these days... Mayimbe was talking about Marvel's HULK Plans and how they may affect the 3rd
AVENGERS film... We're focused upon the sequel trilogy we've been waiting for most of our
entire lives. But the wild success of THE AVENGERS and the anticipated gargantuan STAR
WARS with JJ Abrams directing.. it has reformatted alot of Disney's plan. IMAGINEERING had
been working up ideas for a grand expansion at DISNEYLAND that was to bring Frank L Baum's
OZ into a fully realized extension of the park, and while I'd love to go there... The word I'm
hearing now is they've dropped that in lieu of a STAR WARS extension in California Adventure
Park. OZ could happen, but only if Raimi's film is a stunning success. But you're not hear for
the themepark buzz... or maybe you do care desperately like I do.
But really, what's Disney
going to be doing with these STAND ALONE films...

Well, to start with they're going to focus on established characters and do solo films, no, not
necessarily Han Solo films, but well, **** it... The first Stand Alone film is going to center upon
YODA. At this stage specifics are sparse, but Kathleen Kennedy is putting together a STAR
WARS slate... I'm wildly curious for more details on the YODA film - would this be a young or old
YODA tale?

Knowing that Lucasfilm is doing a series of stand alone character features... I wonder if Joe
Johnston has pitched Kennedy his stand alone BOBA FETT film he was talking about after the
release of Captain America. Hmmmmm... Now, let's chase after YODA details... Where's
FRANK OZ? Giggle. Gotta love chasing STAR WARS stories! Oh - and I've also heard tale of a
JABBA story that Lucas has floated to some of his buddies. But word is YODA is first.

It seems a little too soon for DCA to get something new. Snce Iron Man got shelved, I'm pretty sure they'll go ahead with Oz (which will most likely be a success).